>>> Official Black Friday 2008 VIDEO GAME Discussion Thread <<<

Brad

angelic680, that's not the same bundle. the Sam's one includes three sets of extra Wii-motes.

I guess if you need all those remotes its worth it.......

Wii Console $249.99 <----Only comes with 1 remote/Hard to find this year

Wii Fit/ Balance Board $89.99<---Hard to find this year

Wii Remote Controller $39.99 <----must have if you want to play w/2+ people

Wii Nunchuk Controller $19.99 <----must have if you want to play w/2+ people

Wii 2 games $49.99 each <---most games are that much...

Total before tax is $499.94

Hi,I have the worst headache! I have been on the internet all morning trying to find the best deal on a PS3 for my 15 yo step son.My son told me he wanted Halo 5 (I think that's right).I read through this thread,I am sorry if I missed something.

I am to the point right now that I am just going to go to wal mart and buy the 80 gig console and the game seperately.

Thanks for ANY suggestions!

Jenn

Hi,I have the worst headache! I have been on the internet all morning trying to find the best deal on a PS3 for my 15 yo step son.My son told me he wanted Halo 5 (I think that's right).I read through this thread,I am sorry if I missed something.

I am to the point right now that I am just going to go to wal mart and buy the 80 gig console and the game seperately.

Jenn

there is no Halo 5....Halo 3 is the most recent to my knowledge...it's going to be on sale at Target for $30 on Friday

The wii on walmart wasn't all that great of a savings..at least in my eyes..sure 358.00 was good...but then they tacked on 29.97 for shipping the thing and then more for tax making the total come out to 432.xx. I'm still waiting to see what I find. If nothing ...no biggie.

Just looking at the Circuit City ad, and they show Call of Duty 3 for 360 for 14.99 do you think they will have it also for Wii for that price? Does Circuit City do all of these deals on-line as well? The closest Circuit City is to far away for me to go to or price match so I am hoping to score some good wii games on-line.

Anyone know of any other stores doing B1G1F or B2G1F offers like TRU and Target did a few weeks back? I keep hoping Amazon will mark some down soon!

It's been a lot more then 6 weeks since release....I believe the came out mid August.

They may drop after the 1st of the year when the season is over, but doubt they will fall before Christmas.

I found Madden 09 for the DS and PS2 at Target for 75% off about two weeks ago. I didn't look to see if they had it for any other console since it was for me, and I can't seem to throw the rest of the family off the other consoles long enough for me to play!!

I found a set of three nunchuck controllers for the Wii at BJ's last night for 24.xx! I was excited since one of them is usually 19.99! They had tons in stock as well as lots of games for good prices! Don't know if they were stocking up for Friday or not since the BF ad for them seems to only have big ticket items in it, at least the mailer that I got and the adscan that I've seen.

Jenn

Halo is an Xbox only game series..so the ps3 won't play it..gotta get an Xbox 360 for Halo 3..If I am understanding you right, sorry if this is not what you meant. I'm pretty tired.

Also I have a question..my friend and I are going to brave the cold and rain to try and get him an xbox 360..he wants the $199 arcade with hard drive bundle at Circuit City..will this be something that disappears quick? or could we leave at say..5 or 5:30 and still get one? we are in a suburb of Dallas.

there is no Halo 5....Halo 3 is the most recent to my knowledge...it's going to be on sale at Target for $30 on Friday

LOL...see how much I know about these!!! I had no idea it wasn't for PS3.We have it for the xbox.

Thank you all so much!

I will look around a little more for a bundle.

Jenn

Just looking at the Circuit City ad, and they show Call of Duty 3 for 360 for 14.99 do you think they will have it also for Wii for that price? Does Circuit City do all of these deals on-line as well? The closest Circuit City is to far away for me to go to or price match so I am hoping to score some good wii games on-line.

Anyone know of any other stores doing B1G1F or B2G1F offers like TRU and Target did a few weeks back? I keep hoping Amazon will mark some down soon!

TRU has games for sale today only ,buy three get one free.

Thanks for the info on the Wii games! Walmart seems to be the cheapest....$16 games? Over 50 titles...I'm hoping the supply isn't too limited.

Also just a note...I saw in Walmart's BF ad...Madden 09' for 360 for $30 its a door buster!

Kara

:gdgirlfight3ol:*Counting down the hours until BF! Can't you tell I'm ready?!

LOL...see how much I know about these!!! I had no idea it wasn't for PS3.We have it for the xbox.

Thank you all so much!

I will look around a little more for a bundle.

Jenn

Another note, too--the Halo series only goes up to 3, which was released this year, so I'm sure this is the one he wants. I don't know how much you know about the game, but it is rated "M" for mature. Since you said he's 15, you might want to research the game a bit.

Hi again,it was Call of Duty world at war,not Halo!! Shew,I get those mixed up!

I think I am going to go ahead and order it from buy.com through ebates.The game is a little cheaper there,free shipping and I'll get 1% back through ebates,not very good but better than nothing.

My 17 yo has Halo for his xbox.

Thanks,

Jenn

Khall- I see your in Wheeling Wva. Where are you shopping at?? I live in Cincy, but will be going to Wva, Huntington actually... and the KB Toys in Huntington mall opens at 5am! Its one of the only ones that isn't opening early.

Anyways..not sure how far Wheeling is...more towards Morgantown or Parkersburg???

Hi again,it was Call of Duty world at war,not Halo!! Shew,I get those mixed up!

I think I am going to go ahead and order it from buy.com through ebates.The game is a little cheaper there,free shipping and I'll get 1% back through ebates,not very good but better than nothing.

My 17 yo has Halo for his xbox.

Thanks,

Jenn

How's your head? If you are looking for a deal on a PS3 console and are willing to get a credit card as part of the deal, check out sonyrewards. You can get $150 off your purchase -- that's a $250 PS3. 2 for 1 blu-ray movies too!

You can get a Xbox 360 Elite for $339.15 after 15% coupon code 8BM53TB8R1DXC0 right now at the DELL website with free shipping.

Sorry, since I'm new, the forum won't let me post a link. BTW the coupon works with other game systems too.

Gee Whiz.... I wish I had found this deal earlier! I am searching everywhere for a good deal for the XBox (60gb) for my son. He is using most of his money to purchase it. We are giving him money for Christmas.....boring...... so he can pay for it.

:bigcry::bigcry::bigcry:

Khall- I see your in Wheeling Wva. Where are you shopping at?? I live in Cincy, but will be going to Wva, Huntington actually... and the KB Toys in Huntington mall opens at 5am! Its one of the only ones that isn't opening early.

Anyways..not sure how far Wheeling is...more towards Morgantown or Parkersburg???

Kme1958, I will also be at the Huntington Mall! I live in Chesapeake, OH, across the bridge from Huntington. I start here at Walmart, then make my way to Target, then the mall.

KB Toys is always a madhouse. Especially when it comes to the video games. They have done it 2 different ways in recent years. 1) You have to stand in line and go through the whole store. 2)They only let so many in at one time. But it is well worth it!

I'm sure we will see each other, though we won't know it...lol. :)

:holiday16

piece of advice for those buying a Nintendo DS Lite and accesories: Don't buy accessories that do NOT have the Official Nintendo seal. If you buy non official seal acessories like other stylus, you could void your warranty. The DS LIte already comes with a charger, so kits with a charger aren't necessary. I only purchase accessories that have the official seal, because I know Nintendo approved these.