Am I the only one thinking about doing my Christmas Cards?

ohitsunshine

NO, and I picked up some at Target yesterday. I didn't find any on clearance that I liked (and hadn't used --I'm picky when I do send cards). The girl at the register looked at me like I was an alien and I just smiled. The lady behind me understood, especially when she saw all the hand creams at .48 in my cart. (stocking stuffers).

Haha- too funny! And I always find my cards at Target, but I fight the day after crowds to get them- even by midday that day all the cute ones are gone! And I love to get those $8 ones with all the extra crap that you have to put the protector sheet in just to ship....

Yesterday we went out to a park and took our card picture- it came out beautifully! So labels, done...pic, done. Now to decide about a letter..

I already bought my cards- got them on clearance from Target to next to nothing. We just bought a really nice printer/copier/scanner so we are going to make our own cards this year. Scary Im not making a pic appointment. Figured this year if we try to do out own pics for the cards, we can have the dogs with the kids too.

I already bought my cards- got them on clearance from Target to next to nothing. We just bought a really nice printer/copier/scanner so we are going to make our own cards this year. Scary Im not making a pic appointment. Figured this year if we try to do out own pics for the cards, we can have the dogs with the kids too.

What I have found, is the money spent on ink is usually more than just uploading them to Walmart and having them printed there. And I send out usually 75 or so pics- shutterfly had a sign up special where you get 50 4x6's free with free shipping too. But I do love to do our own pic each year because it allows you to be more creative- and I think we once got the dogs to sit still too!

• 2 weeks later...

For those that do a letter, how do you make it not sound like you are bragging about how things are? I was thinking of doing one as we now live 1200 miles away from everyone, but as I was thinking of what I would put in it, I thought it sounded like I was bragging or something.

here is my letter that i sent out to everyone last year. i also put out a letter every year since we are so far away from family.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Seasons Greetings!

Happy holidays everyone! As another year comes to an end, its hard not to think of all the events of the past year.

It was another busy year at this Ewing house. Jocelyn turned 5 on November 28th. So hard to believe that she is 5 already! She celebrated by having a gymnastics and tumbling party with her friends from pre-school. It was a lot of fun and also was her first birthday party since moving to Alabama 2 years ago. Lucas turned 1 on December 7th. Yep, that’s right…. 2 kids with birthday 9 days apart. We had the traditional spaghetti dinner and it was a mess! We also took in the Christmas parade in downtown Columbiana where Jocelyn was walking in it. Jocelyn is in a few activites like tap/dance class, baton class, gymnastics and pre-school and she loves them all!

Lucas is getting very close to walking. He is such a joyful kid and is always happy, except when he is hungry or tired. He is a big boy, weighing about 30 lbs but that don’t stop him from getting around…he is fast! When he gets to walking, I think we are all in trouble! He is a very “kissy” baby and is a true “ladies man.” We love him so much, we cant imagine my life without him or Jocelyn. Some days are hectic but with kids, its expected.

Nick had a good year, working his 7th year at Lafarge. He was recently promoted to Quality Coordinator due to a couple of managers leaving for other jobs. He likes it and is excited about the change.

I stayed at home this year with the kids. I am always thankful to have this opportunity with them since they are growing so fast! I am really thinking about going back to school and I think that will be one of my ventures in the coming year.

Since the summers here in the south are long and hot(it was 80 degrees here last week…. In mid-december!) I let nick buy a motorcycle in the spring. He enjoyed riding that throughout the summer and the kids like it too. It was then that I wanted a “toy” too and started the hunt and we found it this past September. We bought a 1994 Ford Mustang convertible GT in awesome condition as it was owned by an older couple. We got a really great price on it and it has been driven a few times. I love it!

We are traveling to Virginia to have Christmas with Holly, Jacob and Kyla. The kids and I are flying out on the 19th and Nick will follow a few days later with his parents.

Well, I think that is all for this year. We hope that this letter finds you and your family in good health and filled with the holiday spirit!

Merry Christmas!

The Ewings

Nick, Jenni, Jocelyn, Lucas and Bella(the cat)

I bought my cards today ,..found some real cute ones at Dollar Tree for a dollar for 16 they're very cute!! I bought a roll of stamps the other day so I have 100 to start with. I joined teh card exchange here and with teh family I know I'l have to run and get more stamps but atleast its a start.

so funny. i bought some also at target the day after Xmas last year, and they beckoned me from the spare bedroom closet a few weeks ago. out they came, and addressed they were! now all they need is our annual Xmas letter and they can be sent out (which is also done - just waiting for edit and printing!):)

I love doing my cards on a snowy, Christmasy kind of day. If I didn't have to work today, I would have loved to sit down and start signing/addressing my Christmas cards. We got about 4 inches of snow today, it was great. I want to get a head start on my cards this year because last year I started working part-time at Hallmark in early Nov. and I never got around to doing my cards. I still work there and love it, but hopefully I won't be as overwhelmed with work and the holidays as I was last year. I shouldn't be because I am now used to working 3 days a week and juggling everything else as well.

I do want to keep up more with cards and wrapping though. I may start wrapping stuff soon after I buy it so nosy kids won't come across it, and if they do, the gifts will already be wrapped.

Thank you- You did a great job updating, but not bragging! I didn't know if that would be possible, but I guess it is. I think I am going to try to do this. Thank you!

here is my letter that i sent out to everyone last year. i also put out a letter every year since we are so far away from family.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Seasons Greetings!

Happy holidays everyone! As another year comes to an end, its hard not to think of all the events of the past year.

It was another busy year at this Ewing house. Jocelyn turned 5 on November 28th. So hard to believe that she is 5 already! She celebrated by having a gymnastics and tumbling party with her friends from pre-school. It was a lot of fun and also was her first birthday party since moving to Alabama 2 years ago. Lucas turned 1 on December 7th. Yep, that’s right…. 2 kids with birthday 9 days apart. We had the traditional spaghetti dinner and it was a mess! We also took in the Christmas parade in downtown Columbiana where Jocelyn was walking in it. Jocelyn is in a few activites like tap/dance class, baton class, gymnastics and pre-school and she loves them all!

Lucas is getting very close to walking. He is such a joyful kid and is always happy, except when he is hungry or tired. He is a big boy, weighing about 30 lbs but that don’t stop him from getting around…he is fast! When he gets to walking, I think we are all in trouble! He is a very “kissy” baby and is a true “ladies man.” We love him so much, we cant imagine my life without him or Jocelyn. Some days are hectic but with kids, its expected.

Nick had a good year, working his 7th year at Lafarge. He was recently promoted to Quality Coordinator due to a couple of managers leaving for other jobs. He likes it and is excited about the change.

I stayed at home this year with the kids. I am always thankful to have this opportunity with them since they are growing so fast! I am really thinking about going back to school and I think that will be one of my ventures in the coming year.

Since the summers here in the south are long and hot(it was 80 degrees here last week…. In mid-december!) I let nick buy a motorcycle in the spring. He enjoyed riding that throughout the summer and the kids like it too. It was then that I wanted a “toy” too and started the hunt and we found it this past September. We bought a 1994 Ford Mustang convertible GT in awesome condition as it was owned by an older couple. We got a really great price on it and it has been driven a few times. I love it!

We are traveling to Virginia to have Christmas with Holly, Jacob and Kyla. The kids and I are flying out on the 19th and Nick will follow a few days later with his parents.

Well, I think that is all for this year. We hope that this letter finds you and your family in good health and filled with the holiday spirit!

Merry Christmas!

The Ewings

Nick, Jenni, Jocelyn, Lucas and Bella(the cat)

I bought my cards today ,..found some real cute ones at Dollar Tree for a dollar for 16 they're very cute!! I bought a roll of stamps the other day so I have 100 to start with. I joined teh card exchange here and with teh family I know I'l have to run and get more stamps but atleast its a start.

Do they have the Christmas stamps out yet?

I love doing my cards on a snowy, Christmasy kind of day. If I didn't have to work today, I would have loved to sit down and start signing/addressing my Christmas cards. We got about 4 inches of snow today, it was great. I want to get a head start on my cards this year because last year I started working part-time at Hallmark in early Nov. and I never got around to doing my cards. I still work there and love it, but hopefully I won't be as overwhelmed with work and the holidays as I was last year. I shouldn't be because I am now used to working 3 days a week and juggling everything else as well.

I do want to keep up more with cards and wrapping though. I may start wrapping stuff soon after I buy it so nosy kids won't come across it, and if they do, the gifts will already be wrapped.

I bought paper yesterday and will be wrapping today. I have 3 boxes from Dell right in my closet and I cannot believe they haven't found them yet...I have to organize the closet into "Hidden Present" mode and get wrapping!

so funny. i bought some also at target the day after Xmas last year, and they beckoned me from the spare bedroom closet a few weeks ago. out they came, and addressed they were! now all they need is our annual Xmas letter and they can be sent out (which is also done - just waiting for edit and printing!):)

I think Target seems to be the most popular for clearance cards! I love the choices they have there.

I say go for it! I actually break my list up over several weeks so that I'm not rushed. I carry my "Christmas bag" with my cards and lists everywhere so that while i'm waiting somewhere I can work on them. Talk about being stared at like an alien...try sitting there with your snowman clad bag and glittery Xmas Cards while waiting for the Halloween/fall festival committee to meet! :eyepoppin

BTW: I didn't find any I liked last year on clearance but I did find a great deal on a ton of nice ones on ebay.

I say go for it! I actually break my list up over several weeks so that I'm not rushed. I carry my "Christmas bag" with my cards and lists everywhere so that while i'm waiting somewhere I can work on them. Talk about being stared at like an alien...try sitting there with your snowman clad bag and glittery Xmas Cards while waiting for the Halloween/fall festival committee to meet! :eyepoppin

BTW: I didn't find any I liked last year on clearance but I did find a great deal on a ton of nice ones on ebay.

Haha, that would be a sight! I love it!

We just finished ordering ours at Sams Club. We are putting our family halloween picture on them with my 91 yr old grandma dressed as yoda, DH as Darth Vader, me as Padme Amidala, DD as Princess Leia and DS as Luke Skywalker. The caption reads "May the force be with you this holiday!" I can not wait to get them mailed!

I take mine back and forth to work and use my lunch time for some of it. But is that any different from taking a piece of cross-stitch with a Christmas design and working on them in the waiting room at the doctors? They all think I'm nuts but have no idea how long it takes to do the piece....