Money back credit cards

his_lil_gemini

Check our "sister" site: http://www.bettercreditcard.com

You can select the "cash back" link on the left to view the current cash back cards available. Unfortunately the Citi CashReturns card no longer has the 5% cash back for the first 3 months like it did last BF. I know A LOT of people on here took advantage of that card.

I don't know where I've been, thanks for this!

thanks for the info..maybe im just completly blind but every card i click on to find more info, doesnt give me info for the rewards, like what is a qualifying purchase, what stores are included...any help?

usually for any of the cards there is a long page of terms and conditions. what specific card(s) didn't you find it for?

thanks for the info..maybe im just completly blind but every card i click on to find more info, doesnt give me info for the rewards, like what is a qualifying purchase, what stores are included...any help?

the cards that I have that do it you get points for all of your purchases anywhere and those points can be converted to cash or giftcards

You may want to look into cards that have specific rewards, if you'd use them. An example, we have a Norwegian Cruise Line branded MasterCard (issued through Bank of America) that gives 3% on every single purchase. No needing to remember if this card is 3% on fast-food and groceries, or if it was gas and whatever...whether or not Wal-Mart counts as a grocery store (everything I've read indicates no), etc. Also gives 4% when booking a Norwegian cruise. You have to redeem the rewards in $500 increments, max you can earn in a year is $1,000, and I think the rewards can sit in your account for two or three years before being redeemed (and once redeemed, the certificates can be used for a cruise up to a year later). We use the card for virtually everything until the rewards are maxed for the year. It's even better when getting gas at Wal-Mart. We could use a 3% cash back card for the gas, or we can go inside and buy a gift card with our NCL card, get 3% in rewards, plus an extra 3 cents off per gallon. Every little bit helps.

This wouldn't be a good deal for many, but since we'll be going on another NCL cruise it's great for us. You could look into airline cards if you fly a lot for example. If all else fails, then a cash-back card is always nice, don't have to worry about whether you'll be able to use cash before it expires.