What tent size can I use when camping out at stores?

BFNinja

Can anyone tell me if stores like Best Buy or Circuit City put restrictions on the tent size that you can use? I am thinking about getting a 7 x 7 or 9 x 9 tent and was wondering if these sizes are a good fit or are they to big for the lines.:D

Thanks!!!

Edited by BFNinja

Can anyone tell me if stores like Best Buy or Circuit City put restrictions on the tent size that you can use? I am thinking about getting a 7 x 7 or 9 x 9 tent and was wondering if these sizes are a good fit or are they to big for the lines.:D

Thanks!!!

Welcome to the community! How many people are you planing to fit in the tent? How long are you planning on being out there for? Also the big question is how fast can you break down the tent? Around 2-3am on Black Friday everyone usually starts to break down the tents because by this time the store workers are out starting to work the lines giving out tickets and credit apps. You have to do it fast because of the hype and people sometimes start to push or line jump. You dont want a big tent because you wont spend much time in it and you want something that is easy to manage.

Below is the tent I use and it is a good by from WM.

http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=5493340

Below is a photo from BF last year. The red tents is what I use and my tent is number 1.

Also when getting a tent you have to remember that you will be on concrete. You need to get a tent that does not use and require stakes.

Edited by bigjimslade
webshots has gone downhill and wont display pictures

The tent is going to be for my wife and I. It looks like a 9 x 9 tent won't be a bad choice. As far as the stakes go, we are only looking at ones that won't need them; Even though this is are first tent we made sure to have that base covered. LOL!!!

Since this is are first time waiting in line for black Friday we are asking a lot of questions to make sure we have a good experience. Hey big jim, is there something I have to do to see the picture you posted? I can’t see it.

Thanks for the help!!!

The tent is going to be for my wife and I. It looks like a 9 x 9 tent won't be a bad choice. As far as the stakes go, we are only looking at ones that won't need them; Even though this is are first tent we made sure to have that base covered. LOL!!!

Since this is are first time waiting in line for black Friday we are asking a lot of questions to make sure we have a good experience. Hey big jim, is there something I have to do to see the picture you posted? I can’t see it.

Thanks for the help!!!

Ask all the questions you want. This is why we are here. I re posted the photos. Webshots where my photos are have become crappy over the last few months.

The tent I posted from WM should do the trick. Also remember that you will need lawn chairs. Most of us get tents so we can get out of the cold, snow, wind and rain. If you are friendly you will make alot of friends in line and so you will want to have a lawn chairs so you can socialize. It will make the time go by faster. Any more questions just post!

Ask all the questions you want. This is why we are here. I re posted the photos. Webshots where my photos are have become crappy over the last few months.

The tent I posted from WM should do the trick. Also remember that you will need lawn chairs. Most of us get tents so we can get out of the cold, snow, wind and rain. If you are friendly you will make alot of friends in line and so you will want to have a lawn chairs so you can socialize. It will make the time go by faster. Any more questions just post!

Thanks big jim for all the help. I am so glad to have found this site because it is leaps and bounds above the rest with the help and information one can get.