Who is putting on Thanksgiving dinner ??

sdigman6

Me and me....my 5 kiddos (all college students + their friends from all parts of the country, flying in at different crazy times!!) so 10-15 there, my mom and dad, sis + hubby + niece and nephew and some extras from oldest daughter's work. So lots.

Cook a HUGE turkey 28 lbs+ and a LARGE ham and zitti and all the extras. Appetizers, desserts and all the wild concotions my girls want to make, usually ending in a bigger mess. Have 2 big tables that seat 10 each but there never is enough seating. My neighbors know every year that there will be tons of food so some of them end up wandering in! Since I spend most of my time with my head in the ovens I can't keep track of everyone.

They all have fun and come every year. Some as far as 3000+ miles away. It's good practice for Christmas since we do it all over again just for more days!!! Been this way for many years!

I host a dinner 2 weeks ahead of time for my Dad's family. About 40 people. We love doing it. Finally a tradition......We do the same for Easter and Christmas. I kinda took over when my Gramma passed away. The actual day I share the cooking with my mom and we keep it simple so we can watch football and look through the ads.

• 3 weeks later...
Last year me and DH (we dont have any kids) lived next door to my mom and sister. So all of us got together and we ate at lunchtime. Then we went to his family which is only about 30 min. away for dinner. So everyone was happy. This year DH and I have moved about 15 min away from my family , into our first house, yay!! I plan to cook dinner here, maybe just for my mom, DH and myself. Don't know if my sis and her kids will come. Not sure about doing all that cooking and driving to DH's family .... few things to tie up before the big day. One thing I AM sure of.......black friday. I'm going , don't care who comes with me lol