wii price

ill give some input on this. i own a wii and a 360. and i will say that my 360 gets alot more play time. this may also be because i am a little older (17). anyway. the wii is a great party system and it is truly wonderful for people who dont want to spend hours learning to play one game or another. you catch on really easily and it is quite fun. the games i play most would be super smash brothers brawl, mario kart wii, and super mario galaxy. hope that helped ya a little.

I'd wager that come november. Not only will the price have not dropped, they'll be very hard to come by save for some being held back specifically for BF bundles.

Radio Shack and Walmart are out of stock on line. GD just had a post on them less than a week ago that they were available.:gdparanoid:

ill give some input on this. i own a wii and a 360. and i will say that my 360 gets alot more play time. this may also be because i am a little older (17). anyway. the wii is a great party system and it is truly wonderful for people who dont want to spend hours learning to play one game or another. you catch on really easily and it is quite fun. the games i play most would be super smash brothers brawl, mario kart wii, and super mario galaxy. hope that helped ya a little.

I agree. I have a 17, 15 and 13 year old. The two oldest (both boys) spend their time on the PS3, playing games that take a lot of time. Me, dh and the youngest like the Wii. We can play something for any length of time we want and have fun. The PS3 and 360, imo, are for the more serious gamers. The games aren't geared toward young children or adults who aren't gamers. Although the two oldest do like to play the Wii too.

If you can get one now, do it. They are still htf and the price won't be coming down, there is too much demand and not enough supply for them to drop the price. The other two systems are trying to compete.

My boyfriend and I also have a Wii and a (brand new) Xbox 360 and we're both 20-somethings with no kids. Both have their good and bad points. Wii is a great system for play while Xbox is a better system for gaming. My bf uses the Xbox more for his shoot-em-up games and anything that has graphics as a selling point. I typically use the Wii because it's more fun for me and I don't care about the graphics. I also like not having to push 10 buttons to get my character to go places or whatever, but that's just me.

I also think that Wii will stay at $250, but I bet you'll see some good bundles or gift card promos with it this year.

I know that a few of the GameStop stores in my area have Wii systems in stock; however, they are encouraging their customers to trade in those games and systems that are not being used towards the Wii so that they do not have to pay $250. As a former employee of EB Games/GameStop for over 7 years, I can tell you that you are better off selling those unwanted games and systems on eBay, compared to what GameStop will offer you as trade credit.

I know that a few of the GameStop stores in my area have Wii systems in stock; however, they are encouraging their customers to trade in those games and systems that are not being used towards the Wii so that they do not have to pay $250. As a former employee of EB Games/GameStop for over 7 years, I can tell you that you are better off selling those unwanted games and systems on eBay, compared to what GameStop will offer you as trade credit.

Thank you, that is good to know.

I'll give it to you straight...i walked into Target today and found 3 in the case! The guy said he's never been able to put them in there EVER before. That being said...closer to X-mas they will again be super hard to find, seeing as they are still pretty hard to find now (i happened to walk into the target right after their shipment). Last year you could find them in the summer and yet i was hanging out with 20+ people daily for hours in front of the game stop day in and day out to try to snag one...kids dont put out their "list" until late Nov/Dec...thus the parents arent crazy until then. If you find one now i'd say grab it.

I would say grab it now if you can. They will be hard to find again. Just like the Wii fit. They are very hard to find but we happened to get lucky this past weekend and Walmart had 2 and by the time we got there, we got the last one. I really like the WII because our whole family can play it together. My 5 year old son LOVES Mario Kart and Sonic and Mario at the Olympics.

there was an article on yahoo news today that the Wii will get harder and harder to find coming up for christmas, so if you want one better try it now =)

Yep..... it still comes and goes in spurts here. The other day Walmart had two shelves full of them...selling for $249.98.....now a week later they are all gone! Same thing at Target.

The price will NOT be coming down.....however I do feel that it will ALOT of bundle packages out there for BF.

My sister was in Target last sunday morning and they just got in a shipment of Wiis. So check that off the list! Also her fiance works at a Target and scored us a Wii Fit so he going to send it on up. We actually needed two (one for my sister and another one for our younger sibs) and my mom was in a smaller town for business and checked out their Shopko for the heck of it and got a Wii Fit.

So it pays to keep checking those stores randomly and try stores in smaller towns.

I second the opinion about Wii Fit! I got the entire system just so I could get Wii Fit, and it has been worth every penny! I look forward to using it, and DO use it almost every night and I have never managed to fit in exercise this easily (or even at all!) before... Surprisingly, my young kids also love it and try to do it along with me, right down to my 18 month old saying "up, down, up, down" as she does the jackknife challenge with me!

Now I just want them to come out with Wii Fit II so I can have some new exercises to try. :)

• 2 weeks later...
Last Christmas my DH had been looking for one for me and happened to be in WalMart at the right time. They had just gotten 12 in and he was the 11th person in line. He got it for me and told me that when he was walking to the car he was stopped by 2 different people asking about it and DH told him that the person behind him got the last one, these people wanted to buy mine and even offered DH more than he paid for it. I had to laugh because he said he about ran to the car then, got in and locked the doors and left. I think if your wanting one really bad for this Christmas, I would start looking now for it.:yup:

The Walmart in our area gets about 14 Wii's at a time but a lady from a Toys R Us buys them. She calls the store and they allow her to buy 7 or 8 at a time. Due to the high demand for those game consoles they will not come below $250.00. You can buy the brand new Wii consoles just as cheap on ebay. Once your package arrives go to the nintendo website and buy a two year warranty for around $25.00. Did this for my son and it worked out great!! I am not a fan of ebay nor do I sell any products on that site. However, when your child still believes in Santa you get desperate sometimes. I was desperate and had a great experience.

Grab the Wii's while they still have them in the store! I don't see the price coming down at all since they are still difficult to find and it's not even holiday shopping season yet. I guess you could apply for a credit card at Target and save 10%.

We are so happy with the Wii. The games are a blast, but I guess we aren't the serious gamers that like to spend hours and hours with one game. I was lucky enough to find my Wii the beginning of October last year at Costco. It came as a bundle with a game, Nunchuck, extra controller, etc. My girls are 11 and 14. They also love Wii Fit.