Hot Toys for Toddlers

dbaby4ever

I don't think I'm gonna do elmo this year. My daughter sorta likes elmo but she likes dora and backyardigans more. I've already bought a couple dora toys for xmas. And her 2nd b-day is this weekend! Woohoo! It's dora themed. So I'm going after Dora stuff for xmas. I got one of those bounce house things I'm saving for xmas. It's one of the smaller ones.

I don't think I'm gonna do elmo this year. My daughter sorta likes elmo but she likes dora and backyardigans more. I've already bought a couple dora toys for xmas. And her 2nd b-day is this weekend! Woohoo! It's dora themed. So I'm going after Dora stuff for xmas. I got one of those bounce house things I'm saving for xmas. It's one of the smaller ones.

I was thinking about those bounce things, I am just not sure if we would get a ton of use out of it. Are you going to keep yours for outside?

Funny thing, we blew it up last night just to make sure there were no holes cause we only found one and it was on clearance so I was kinda worried it would have holes, but it doesn't. The thing is pretty big. It's not one of those huge ones but it's still big. And my boyfriend said this thing is not going to fit in the house. We have a small house and no room for anything. I suppose I will just sit it in the middle of her room until it gets warmer outside. Since we are giving it to her for xmas we were gonna blow it up and put it in the living room and put all her toys from santa in it. We will have to deflate a little bit of it to get it down the hallway to her room though. But I know she is gonna love it. And for $21 it was worth it!

I think Elmo live http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=10040333

the giant remote control dinosaur from Imaginext

Fisher Price Kid Tough Electronics (especially the new DVD player, MP3 player, camera), Fisher Price Little People pink castle,

oh. my. just found what most little girls will want.

http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=10226414

Hasbro Sweet Lily Castle.. like a giant Pink Rose Petal Cottage castle with turets. I can just imagine when they start the commericals for that mine will want this...

VSmile Vmotion game system

heck, about 80% of the new toys on this page kids will want.

Check out the big Tricaratops... it's like the Fur Real Ponies but it's a dinosaur. They even have a preschooler riding it in the picture :eyepoppin

im going to be looking into the smart cycle this year it was a big hit last black friday

big hit and big waste of money. my daughter got a smartcycle last year for christmas and she only played it 5 times max. she was 5 then, so maybe she was too big, but I only got it because the games were ranged up to 6 years. if I figure out how I could ship that thing, its going on ebay :yup:

big hit and big waste of money. my daughter got a smartcycle last year for christmas and she only played it 5 times max. she was 5 then, so maybe she was too big, but I only got it because the games were ranged up to 6 years. if I figure out how I could ship that thing, its going on ebay :yup:

do local pick up only..lol

Craigslist.org is the best way to get rid of bigger items like that. I know for a fact that you'll get a good deal on there. Plus, you'll only deal local, so no shipping, and no fees to place an ad. ebay is a ripoff, IMO. :)

• 3 weeks later...

hmm.

well going by how my dd reacted to her bday presents:

http://www.blackbeltmama.com/bbmreview/images/2008/01/09/mmclubhouse.jpg

Club House Toy

http://as7.dsi.go.com/is/image/DisneyShopping/F1153C0003?$full$

Bath Toy

http://as7.dsi.go.com/is/image/DisneyShopping/46277?$full$

Handy Manny Talking Toy Box - this one is so well loved that dd won't eat dinner unless it's on the table, cries out for "My Tools" when she wakes up and when she gets home from school, and tries to take it to bed with her. Every time she sees a catalog with a picture of it or any Handy Manny tools/characters she says really excitedly "Tools!".

Also the children I teach on weekends seem to really love diego, dora, backyardigans, Wow Wow Wubbzy, and curious george is making a comeback!!! Seems like the boys and girls BOTH love the toy baby strollers in the 1-4 age range.

DD's big gifts this year are the Dora Explorer Big Wheel Bike and also the Guidecraft Sunflower Kitchen (if i hit the lottery I'll get her the matching fridge). Her tiny gifts are going to be a metal pot/pan set to go with the kitchen and accessories for it too.

My ds5 wants a Smart Cycle too, but I'm not sure how much he would actually play with it. It seems kind of expensive. Maybe it will go on sale for black friday?

my dd got this last year at 4yo and its used alot by her and the little boy i babysit. I personally think it was a great investment cause it educational plus they have to peddle for excersize

I want to get my 16 month old DD an interactive animal but there are so many to choose from. Does anyone recommend one over another? Fur Real Friends, Alive Cubs, Puppy Grows and Knows Your Name, Paw Pals, Barbie Care and Cure, Snuggle Kins..... I'm sure any of these would be ok, just wondering what other little ones prefer? TIA

oh. my. just found what most little girls will want.

http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=10226414

Hasbro Sweet Lily Castle.. like a giant Pink Rose Petal Cottage castle with turets. I can just imagine when they start the commericals for that mine will want this...

Oh my...that is too stinkin' CUTE!!! I will have to look more into this!!!

my dd got this last year at 4yo and its used alot by her and the little boy i babysit. I personally think it was a great investment cause it educational plus they have to peddle for excersize

Ditto that. Our whole neighborhood loves it and some of the kids are 5 & 6 years old. My ds is 4.