Countdown to Black Friday / Who else is getting antsy?

julz0420

23 days Now have Factory Card and Party Outlet. Keep them coming. In a dream world it would be nice to get an ad everday until Thanksgiving.

That's typically what happens once we get to around 11/10 or so. Sometimes we get sent so many in one day that we can't get them all typed up and they end up getting spread out too.

I am getting very antsy, and I can't believe it's coming up so soon! Time really flies, doesn't it? But, even though it's really fun shopping (I consider it a sport!), this is sort of a bonding experience and tradition for my family and friends. I love it, and I can't wait!

Guest fgrocker

:gdclap:I like the way that sounds! Bring it on!:gdclap:

Quote from Email sent out today:

"Expect more Black Friday ads in the next 12-24 hours, so keep checking the site. Things are about to get crazy :)"

So...........this never happened. Terrific.

Yes it is Wright Patt and yes you need an I.D. to even get on base; which is where the shop is.... you can always go with someone who has a military I.D.

If you do go with a friend, my advice would be to go on the 26th and get a visitor pass for the 28th. Make sure you go with your friend that day to. Otherwise, you are not getting on base.

Or you can give your friend the list and money.

I think it is better to get a few ads at a time. That way you aren't bombarded all at once and have the possibility of missing something. With a few at a time, you get to soak in all the info and plan out your course of attack.

The next few weeks are going to be so exciting!

Guest fgrocker

Factory Card Outlet & full Lowes ad.

Stop whining.

I'm not whining, I'm just stating the fact that few care about Factory Card Outlet and the Lowe's ad is on their own site. Therefore, things did not get crazy and I'm sure many were disappointed.

I'm not whining, I'm just stating the fact that few care about Factory Card Outlet and the Lowe's ad is on their own site. Therefore, things did not get crazy and I'm sure many were disappointed.

Many of the original Gotta Deal members are patient with the ads. We're just happy and lucky enough to see ads leak.

Guest fgrocker

Many of the original Gotta Deal members are patient with the ads. We're just happy and lucky enough to see ads leak.

Congratulations. So am I. But why send out an email stating that it's about to get crazy in 12-24 hours when all that came out of it was a Factory Card Outlet ad? I'm not complaining about the lack of ads, its understandable that most aren't available yet. I'm just confused by the notice that appeared to promise a significant number of ads or ads from significant stores.

I think all Brad was trying to say, and Brad can correct me if I'm wrong, that he's expecting ads to start coming in very quickly now and will probably get crazy, especially for him, in trying to expeditiously get them onto the site.

Don't even bother trying to explain. Some people just like to complain when they bring nothing to contribute to the site besides their whining :P

Congratulations. So am I. But why send out an email stating that it's about to get crazy in 12-24 hours when all that came out of it was a Factory Card Outlet ad? I'm not complaining about the lack of ads, its understandable that most aren't available yet. I'm just confused by the notice that appeared to promise a significant number of ads or ads from significant stores.

Brad and the others don't have to do it at all, ease up a bit. He and all the others have already said as soon as they get the ads they will be posted. Maybe try another site if you are not happy with this one. Not trying to be mean or anything, but I'm sure this is some time consuming stuff and to say these things, well it just doesn't give a good vibe. Like I said in the Favorite song post, put on Paradise By the Dashboard Light and all will be ok!!!! ;)

It really makes me sad when people say anything to get attention. Look, there are alot of us old members who pretty much know when the ads come out. I would love to get one everyday, but that just doesn't happen and won't ever happen. Maybe it's just me, but I don't even have a Lowes. and I looked it over. I love this site and will never ever leave it.

Also I appreciate what Brad, Ross and Bigjim do for us(If I left anyone out, you can hang me by my toes). Especially now. Keep doing what you guys are doing.

Ok now that I said my peace, back to topic 22 days and Lowes ad it out.

Yeah I think TG being a week later is slowing things down some. As excited as I am I just try to be patient. The ads will get here when they get here. Even if they don't come in until the week before TG it's still earlier than you'd get to see a paper ad!

I just check obsessively while waiting. It gives me something to do!