Cell phone deals

Where did all the cell phone deals go? 2 weeks ago, I could (briefly, it lasted a couple of days and disappeared without warning) get a V600 with T-Mobile and get $150 cash back after rebate. That was a deal!

Today, nothing... the bestseller on Amazon and Buy is the Razr V3 and it's not even free even though they lock you into a crappy wireless provider (Cingular) for 2 years!

Point used to be a good place to check for deals, but whoever maintains that site has clearly lost interest. Most of the deals are over a month old and many of them are inaccurate.

So, essentially what I'm looking for is a great phone for free (if not with T-Mobile or if it's a 2-year deal, it better be a damn fine phone) or a crappy phone with a ton of cash back (at least $150, preferably $175 or $200.) Or if there are good cell-phone websites out there (most of the ones you find through Google are worse than Amazon or Buy) what are they?

Any ideas?

Thanks!

Muchas gracias, Brad. I'll give the A630 a hard look. I've seen it before, but was scared off by the crappy reviews on Amazon. I see it's rated significantly more favorably on ZD. I wonder if the A630 is worth $25 more than the V600 ... is it selling for at least $25 more on Ebay?

... update ... From what I can tell, the A630 is selling for about $40 more (about $260 vs about $220 for T-Mobile phones) than the V600 on Ebay, so it's a slightly better deal than the V600 deal with $75 back on Amazon ... not bad, but not euphoria-inducing either (like that V600 $150 back deal was)... It sucks that there isn't a website that does the work for you (or if there is, I haven't seen it.)

With T-Mobile you can use any GSM phone that is un-locked, correct?

I've always wanted to have a phone that they dont sell at T-Mobile, and that no one else can get. One-of-a-kind.. :)

There could be some import phone from asia... if you go t o nokia web site, they show the models from a particular country that may not be available in US.

Heard about Vertu? Now, that's one of a kind.

There could be some import phone from asia... if you go t o nokia web site, they show the models from a particular country that may not be available in US.

Heard about Vertu? Now, that's one of a kind.

Website? Information on their phones?

I have a feeling your joking, or they are really :gd_dollar:gd_dollar

Tried to order a Razr (FREE after rebates) from Inphonic yesterday (go to Point for the link.) They are inept. Kept telling me I already had an account with Cingular. Called Cingular. They are equally inept (because I expressed interest in buying a phone from them a few months back, they created a client file for me, fine, but that doesn't make me a current Cingular customer.) Back to the drawing board ...

Well, finally got the inphonic knuckleheads to process the order. My free Razr is on its way (I hope.) Again, if you're interested in the deal I got, go to point and click on the link that says free razr (the knucklehead that runs point finally updated his website.)

vertu:

www.vertu.com Supposedly, the first luxury phone.

If I am not mistaken, this company is owned by Nokia. In the US, they are sold at Jewelry/Watch store.

Personally, I was thinking about picking up this one.

http://www.tourneau.com/Tourneau/_images/products/VRT9900006.jpg

Vertu Signature Standard Platinum

$31,850.00

That's just completely crazy.

EDIT: I just found out if you order online, you get free gift rap. I know, it's worth spending the money now.

Here's the list of Nokia phones sold in Indonesia: http://www.nokia.co.id/nokia/0,,52264,00.html

if it's written CDMA, then it's CDMA. Otherwise, it's GSM. If you want to use in the US, gotta have triband GSM.

If you search other country, you could read in English:

Singapore: http://www.nokia.com.sg/nokia/0,,36112,00.html

I think Japan or Hong Kong ones are even nicer too. It's just I can't read in Japanese or Chinese.

Here's the list of Nokia phones sold in Indonesia: http://www.nokia.co.id/nokia/0,,52264,00.html

if it's written CDMA, then it's CDMA. Otherwise, it's GSM. If you want to use in the US, gotta have triband GSM.

If you search other country, you could read in English:

Singapore: http://www.nokia.com.sg/nokia/0,,36112,00.html

I think Japan or Hong Kong ones are even nicer too. It's just I can't read in Japanese or Chinese.

some stores in San Francisco have those fancy phones.. Mostly stores in chinatown..

You can see the models and check out ebay for the price.

For example:

http://search.ebay.com/nokia-7610_Phones-Only_W0QQcatrefZC12QQfromZR40QQfsooZ1QQfsopZ1QQsacatZ64355QQsojsZ1

This is for the nokia 7610. I can't find this phone at tmobile.com nor cingular.com.

• 4 months later...
Guest Unregistered

HI there.

Just a quick question. I live in Canada and keep seeing (on ebay) ads for FREE V3 RAZR cell phones. Well, FREE if you consider $29.99 FREE. The auctions are for "links" to websites that offer this. Does anyone know as to if this is legit or where to go to get this deal? Why should I pay for this link if it is public domain? Cheers MH [email protected]

HI there.

Just a quick question. I live in Canada and keep seeing (on ebay) ads for FREE V3 RAZR cell phones. Well, FREE if you consider $29.99 FREE. The auctions are for "links" to websites that offer this. Does anyone know as to if this is legit or where to go to get this deal? Why should I pay for this link if it is public domain? Cheers MH [email protected]

You can get the RAZR for free (after rebate) at places like Amazon.com, Buy.com, etc... Buy.com even throws in a free Bluetooth headset.

• 2 weeks later...
check out hi-mobile.net they have some good deals. I have bought a bluetooth and a sharp v903 they have good customer service and I have received my phone after 3 days eventhough they guruanteed 1-2 business days. I guess the package missed a flight