Guests: Please register to get rid of these annoying ads! Registered members enjoy an ad-free forum.

Photo

How Much Christmas/Hanukah Shopping Have You Finished

• Please log in to reply
56 replies to this topic

Poll: How much of your shopping is done (184 member(s) have cast votes)

How much of your shopping is done

1. None, but I always wait for BF (35 votes [16.59%])

Percentage of vote: 16.59%

2. None and I am getting nervous (30 votes [14.22%])

Percentage of vote: 14.22%

3. A few gifts are done (73 votes [34.60%])

Percentage of vote: 34.60%

4. I am half finished (50 votes [23.70%])

Percentage of vote: 23.70%

5. My kids are finished (14 votes [6.64%])

Percentage of vote: 6.64%

6. I am completely done (9 votes [4.27%])

Percentage of vote: 4.27%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#31 stacyk9  OFFLINE  

stacyk9

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 292 Posts
  • Member since 2007

Posted Oct 10, 2008 - 6:01 am

I only have 5 people left to buy for and then I have to finish some homemade Christmas ornaments. I want to be done by Halloween so I can just sit back and enjoy Thanksgiving and Christmas and not have to worry about fighting the crowds for that last Christmas present. Stacy

#32 Tara3117  OFFLINE  

Tara3117

Black Friday is my Super Bowl

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 672 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Oct 10, 2008 - 6:28 am

I never even think of Christmas shopping until BF, but I did buy my dad something to give my mom from a catalog. The thing about Christmas shopping that I HATE is that I'm always doing other people's shopping too, like getting my mother things from my dad. Every year, I over-buy on BF and "sell" that stuff to my other family members for them to give on Christmas and that's kind of my own fault. Last year I got into a bad place where people were counting on me for their Christmas shopping AND I had to buy my boyfriend things to get my family because he was clueless. It really took away from the spirit of gift-giving.
"If Joan of Arc could turn the tide of an entire war before her eighteenth birthday, you can get out of bed." ~ E. Jean Carroll

#33 beccas302  OFFLINE  

beccas302

Missin' Alaska!

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 653 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Oct 10, 2008 - 9:01 am

I'm just about done, but put myself down as being half done, because I always end up going overboard! I have one major thing to buy for DS (only thing he's asked for this year was a Lego Mindstorm NXT) and a few smaller things. My family is done for the most part. Since we're going home for christmas this year, we're trying to do smaller gifts.

#34 jendeere  OFFLINE  

jendeere

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 748 Posts
  • Member since 2007

Posted Oct 10, 2008 - 10:05 am

I finished my shopping in April, but keep buying things! I am horrible that way. I will be heading out on BF for dvds for the stockings.

#35 MeliesMom  OFFLINE  

MeliesMom

Christina

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 686 Posts
  • Member since 2007

Posted Oct 10, 2008 - 10:28 am

I am about half finished. I have bought quite a few things for my kids already. Just need a few more things and that big gift of a play kitchen for my DD!

#36 littlezar  OFFLINE  

littlezar

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 123 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Oct 10, 2008 - 11:54 am

A few gifts are done. Probably 1/4 of my shopping is done...although I have to add my sister's new puppy to the list....

#37 Turtle Mommy  OFFLINE  

Turtle Mommy

Bargain Shopper

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 349 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Oct 12, 2008 - 5:52 am

None and I am getting nervous!!!

#38 elena_398  OFFLINE  

elena_398

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,745 Posts
  • Member since 2004

Posted Oct 24, 2008 - 6:23 am

Im now 100% done. What I buy (and I'll have to watch myself) on BF will be extras.

#39 magickallight  ONLINE  

magickallight

• 72,267 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Oct 24, 2008 - 9:13 am

I'm about 1/2 done... my 12 year old son will NOT tell me what he wants this year and it's driving me nuts... I just know he will wait till the last second and I won'g be able to find a good deal on what ever it is! He KNOWS I DON'T DO RETAIL! :mad:

#40 KrisinTn  OFFLINE  

KrisinTn

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,302 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Oct 24, 2008 - 9:21 am

I'm about 75% done... I'm hoping to finish up early this year so I am not so s t r e s s e d

#41 kellygirl911  OFFLINE  

kellygirl911

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 59 Posts
  • Member since 2007

Posted Oct 24, 2008 - 5:00 pm

I'm about 75% done myself. I need to buy for DH, FIL, and finish up the 3 kids. Everybody else is done.

#42 avsfan  OFFLINE  

avsfan

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 50 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Nov 4, 2008 - 5:05 pm

I'm a little more than half done. Just have my parents, my DH, and a couple of co-workers to get gifts for. Oh, and the kitties.

#43 leefamily23  OFFLINE  

leefamily23

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 855 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Nov 5, 2008 - 3:31 pm

Goodness, wish I was there. I'm usually about 1/3 done by now, and I usually do another 1/3 on BF and the rest just before Christmas w/ a bonus check. Not this year. I've bought next to nothing that I need. I'm maybe 1/10th done. I only have 2 small things for my son, and he is the biggest part of my budget. Along w/ a few other gifts I needed to buy. I'm starting to stress big time. Oh and no bonus check this year to help things along......

#44 allshoppedout  OFFLINE  

allshoppedout

I Luv Country Music

• 3,263 Posts
  • Member since 2007

Posted Nov 5, 2008 - 4:05 pm

I have about 15 gifts purchased--but that is NOT 15 people off the list --because some people get many gifts..... So I have made a small dent, but all the items were very good prices, so I feel positive about the situation. :yup:
:gdlove6:

KEITH URBAN 8-13-09 PGH :hearthrob 5-9-09 S.C., PA

- :gdlove6: -THANK Goodness for GOTTADEAL! :yup:

#45 lovebears65  OFFLINE  

lovebears65

• 1,170 Posts
  • Member since 2004

Posted Nov 14, 2008 - 11:40 am

YEah just in athe past few days online I was able to get 7 more gifts bought, Paid no shipping . I will miss the black friday crowds but the UPS guy will know my house :D
Lovebears65 aka Cathie Shopping black Fri addiction .. :D is my problem :eyepoppin

#46 MathGirl  OFFLINE  

MathGirl

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 394 Posts
  • Member since 2008

Posted Nov 14, 2008 - 12:20 pm

I am almost done with all the gifts that need to be shipped to family in the Mid West. I m halfway finished with my DH. and almost finished with my Dads gifts.

#47 ashemgra  OFFLINE  

ashemgra

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 458 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Nov 14, 2008 - 1:35 pm

I have 2 presents for my kids to buy, and I have my SIL, nieces, MIL left to buy for....other than that it is done....thankfully!!!
Bad habits are like a comfortable bed, easy to get into, but hard to get out of. No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted. Aesop

#48 msdarkness  OFFLINE  

msdarkness

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 140 Posts
  • Member since 2007

Posted Nov 14, 2008 - 3:47 pm

I have 2 more for DD and 5 more for DS but atleast the "Santa" gifts are done and I have 3 gifts for my dad stepmom and little brother 2 for my stepdad and mom and one for my nephew then Im done...wooo

#49 leefamily23  OFFLINE  

leefamily23

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 855 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Nov 14, 2008 - 3:49 pm

1 gift of mine has to go back, as it was for my neice and nephew- bought them the V-tech motion (they are 4&6). My sister is got them Wii. So, the V-tech system will be nothing compared to that, so I'm less done than I thought. Though I did pick up 3 more gifts this week. Slowly but surely getting there. So far the BF ads are not looking promising for me though.

#50 floridasun5  OFFLINE  

floridasun5

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 433 Posts
  • Member since 2004

Posted Nov 14, 2008 - 4:40 pm

About half done here. Im trying to save some items for December as I love to be out in the hustle and bustle Christmas shopping rush, but I'm just finding too many deals to pass up :) Only about 2 items left to get dd, 4-5 things for dh and then other than 2 things I am buying for myself, the only others that are left are parents.

#51 orangedaisy  OFFLINE  

orangedaisy

gotcha

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 209 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Nov 15, 2008 - 5:25 pm

I picked up just a few items so far. All of them were deals too good to pass up except for one - I got the Apple itouch for my son. It is the only thing he asked for so far and I didn't want to worry about running around later looking for one, so I just went and got it a few weeks ago. They won't go on sale anyway. :no:

#52 ohitsunshine  OFFLINE  

ohitsunshine

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 771 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Nov 16, 2008 - 7:30 am

I got the 3 laptops I needed...anything else is a bonus in my eyes! Although I still have to get lots of little things, my mind is at ease knowing those are wrapped and ready to go!

#53 speeddiva  OFFLINE  

speeddiva

This Space for Rent

• 2,536 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Nov 16, 2008 - 7:36 am

I have everything done except for stocking stuffers and the in-laws and they refuse to draw names any time before Thanksgiving. :rolleyes: I'm going to try to talk them out of doing gifts this year due to the economy. I hate buying stuff just for the sake of presents, I only see some of these people once a year!

#54 hockeyfanamo  OFFLINE  

hockeyfanamo

• 1,687 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Nov 16, 2008 - 8:11 am

Now the only gift I still need is a laptop for DH. Everything else is purchased and in hiding! :rwb:

#55 steph3306  OFFLINE  

steph3306

• 1,677 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Nov 16, 2008 - 8:35 am

I am done except for some stocking stuffers and a present for one god child. Whoo Hooo Black Friday will be to get things for next year Christmas and birthday's. I can't believe how many good deals I found on here over the year!!

#56 lcplwinkerswife  OFFLINE  

lcplwinkerswife

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 223 Posts
  • Member since 2008

Posted Nov 21, 2008 - 12:18 pm

i just finished with my moms side of the family. Thanks to Amazon.com. Got my grandad a new crossword dictionary he does crosswords like crazy for 12.00 (it was 18.00 every where else) a new scrabble dictionary for my grandma, our whole family loves Scrabble but shes the Scrabble guru and goes by the book. Got that for 7.50 ... Yay! :g_dance::holiday16:holiday08

#57 shopping mom  OFFLINE  

shopping mom

• 2,545 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Dec 18, 2008 - 3:22 am

I think I am done, there are two more gifts I am considering but only because I would like to do these extras not because more gifts are needed.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users