184 members have voted

1. 1. How much of your shopping is done

• None, but I always wait for BF
    • None and I am getting nervous
    • A few gifts are done
    • I am half finished
    • My kids are finished
    • I am completely done

I don't have a percentage - but certainly some. We are trying to cut back this year, as we tend to shop for everyone... and it is time some of the grown-ups get moved off the list...

Thank you for including hanukah! Last year we gave the kids teachers Hanukah presents.. (we figured what the heck, people give us Xmas presents without considering what we celebrate... so why couldn't we do the same?) it went over very well. This year DD has a Jewish teacher - so it will be more appropriate.

I normally wait until Oct(Toys R Us big book), but the majority I do on BF. My kids are 13 and 10 and aren't really into toys. I don't like buying electronics to early, b/c

if we have a problem. The receipt is only good for 60-90 days.

I have a few things done... My list are made and I am waiting on my husbands list. He is a PITA to shop for because nothing ever is on sale! UGH!!!!! I need to cut back on my kids toys this year. I always buy waaaayyyy to much!

I'm finished with our youngest niece. This year we got her a pink DS, Padded Case, and 3 games. My Mom, MIL, and Mamaw each get goodie baskets each year. I have started them with B&BW, and a season each of thier favorite TV series. I usually end up finding small items that they would like and adding them until I mail out the baskets. They seem to really enjoy the suprise each year. They just never know what will be in them :D Our nephew will get giftcards and I'm not sure for my Sister in Law.

:rwb:

Well since we are taking out kids to Disney this Christmas/Hannukah they are done. I figure several thousand on a vacation is good enough. I made my DD's appointments at the little boutique in Disney on Christmas day as a surprise and my DS is going somewhere with DH so thats their special thing. BUT I am still going out on Black Friday. I have no clue what for but darn it I am not breaking tradition. I would seriously miss it if I didn;t go.

• 1 month later...

Wow I haven't even thought about making lists yet or shopping yet. I just want BF to come!! I'm so addicted it's not even funny and the sad part is, this website has made my addiction about 200% worse!!! I'm on here so much reading everything I can :D

Thanks for all the advice! Keep it coming!!

Just ordered my last gift for my daughter- a portable dvd player from Walmart (bought from there as I have $100 in Walmart gift cards) and a cd. Paid only a few dollars out of pocket.

So this BF, I have to watch as my kids are done so what I buy now will be "extras"

I am seriously in a funk as to what to buy. This morning I went to TJ Maxx's skiing and snowboarding event and put a North Face jacket, Columbia snow pants, and a North Face Fleece hoodie on layaway for my 2 d's. Other than that I am clueless. Maybe a GPS for oldest D. Youngest D is so picky about everything I hate to shop for her anymore. And forget about DH!!