What were your Hits and Misses last Black Friday?

thistledown814

Miss: All the Hannah Montana stuff, the dolls, the stage, the closet & tour bus etc. She still loves HM but does not play with that stuff. Going to goodwill I a week

Hits: Xbox360 & accessories & PSP & games for DS12, (his birthday is 12/21) Wii games, (DD10 & DS12) Guitar Hero 3, (DD & DS) DS games, (DD) Hannah Montana concert tickets. and

Hannah Montana 3-D movie tixs. (DD) 2 Sirrius Radios and boombox (DH) GPS (DH & me)

Last year was awful!! My husband and I worked hard (when money was VERY tight) to get something for all of the 15 kids we had to buy for (10 nieces and nphfew's and 5 cousins... we only do presents for the kids) but only 2 of them actually liked what they got. The rest did not even say thank you and at least 5 of them asked for there presents to be sent home with a parent and did not even come to the Christmas party. We decided on Christmas day last year that this year we are buying every one gift cards. I do not like them but last year was a terrible waste of time, energy and money. It was a very disapointing Christmas.

So I gess my hits were Battleship and a purse.

The misses were mp3 player, cabage patch, little pet shop, hand held football game, fisher price doctor set ect there was so much!!

Last year was awful!! My husband and I worked hard (when money was VERY tight) to get something for all of the 15 kids we had to buy for (10 nieces and nphfew's and 5 cousins... we only do presents for the kids) but only 2 of them actually liked what they got. The rest did not even say thank you and at least 5 of them asked for there presents to be sent home with a parent and did not even come to the Christmas party. We decided on Christmas day last year that this year we are buying every one gift cards. I do not like them but last year was a terrible waste of time, energy and money. It was a very disapointing Christmas.

So I gess my hits were Battleship and a purse.

The misses were mp3 player, cabage patch, little pet shop, hand held football game, fisher price doctor set ect there was so much!!

Don't feel to bad I think sometimes kids are just overwhelmed by all they recieve that they go into overload especially younger children. I would imagine that the things you bought got played with throughout the year.

To Oneredhonda-15 kids! Wowers! That is A LOT to buy for! I remember my grandmother always brought her grandkids McDonald gift certifcates. They came in a packet of 5 for $5.00 total. Anyone remember those? I always looked forward to receiving those!

I noticed with my daughter I buy her accesorizes to go with what she already has. She has an American Girl doll, so I buy clothing for her doll. She has a GameBoy (We might have to upgrade her this year to the DS system) so then I would buy her games to play with hand held game.

I remember buying her Barbies and the houses and stuff and she never played with any of it. The dog usually wound up chewing the little pieces left out and sometimes thru it back up. Fun.

Misses - Star Theatre, electric guitar, definitely clothes.

Hits - Oldest son's Canada Trip, remote control cars, airplanes, and a rocket.

I think the rocket was the best. We launched it from the park near us. We got three launches out of it, before the parachute strings burned. The kids want to get the rocket shaped like a port-o-potty. I may have to oblige them, as I'm the biggest kid of them all.

We are usually pretty lucky and get everything on our list. We plan our trip after turkey. We write down everything we want and then divide it up by departments. When the doors open, we each take off for a different department. It has worked well for us.

Gladiators Avatar! Cleveland Rocks!

• 1 month later...
The biggest miss was definately the fisher price kareoke thing my kids got. They loved it, but there is no way to plug it in and it takes a ton of batteries and burns through them to the point it won't play music anymore after about 15 minutes. If santa hadn't brought it, we would have boxed it up and taken it back to the store.

Hits:

DS-7- Wii, RC Air Hogs Heli

DD-6- MP3 player, HSM Dolls and Jammies,

DS-4- Cars Mega Blocks sets, Cars figures, Mack foldout racetrack, Bike.

DD-2- MM Cluhouse, Dolls, Playfood for her kitchen, Rose Petal Cottage

Misses- Dog ate the Helicopter 5 minutes after my son got it outside. I stepped on my daughter's MP3 player because she left it under a pile of toys.

Hits: I can't remember (I've slept since then)

Misses: Just about everything I received (I got a set of letter openers shaped like swords, which is cool, but I don't have much of a use for. I also got a set of knives, but I refuse to use it for the fact that the knives where that year's limited edition set)

Hits:

DS13 - Games w/strategy guides (last year was DS Zelda & one of the Final Fantasy games, this year PC Spore), Manga Drawing Book, Disney Store Goofy PJ's (LOL)

DS11 - Wii Need for Speed Pro Street game, Airsoft stuff

DS7 - Disney Cars stuff (cars & playset), Scooby Doo headlamp ($4 at Big Lots...looks goofy with it on, but he loves it), legos

DS2 - Little Einstein Pat Pat Rocket & Higglytown Heroes toys and the Ratatouille chef hat that was packaged with the DVD

Last year was an easy christmas as my dd was more into wrapping paper than presents...

But the big hit & miss for my godson:

hit: sansa mp3 player

miss: clothes..

i don't know what i was thinking, he's officially a teenager now, i can't keep up with the styles..

as for personally, the biggest hit? diapers from babies r us - We still have 3 cases left and we're in the process of potty training so... :D