How many years have you been going shopping on Black Friday?

ChristmasShopping

Well, counting my previous life, this will be 113 years. Course we didn't call it Black Friday back in 1890s, we called it "Wish Book" Shopping. We would read the Sears, Roebuck and Company Catalog and wish we could buy the things shown in it.

LOL, I remember the good old days when I was a kid, sitting down with the Sears Christmas catalog and circling all the really cool stuff I wanted.

Oddly, I still like to go through the sale ads and circle things but now I only circle stuff on sale.

Looks like I am one of the oldies! I remember going with my Mom and my Aunt in my middle teens when I had a job and bought some presents on my own. So that would make it a little more than 30 years now! Wow! Even though I do shopping ahead of time, to me Black Friday really starts the season off. Things are sure different now. My mom got diagnosed with MS right before my daughter was born (21 years ago) so we have learned to adjust. Now we find the good things about her MS. She is in a motorized scooter so we pile her up with things and we laugh that we always get good parking spaces. We have also learned that a lot of stores will really assist someone like her on BF and we have learned to appreciate it and make use of it! It is amazing that even at BB sales people will go find what she needs and bring it to her. We have even had some places take us to a different register and ring us up to make it easier on her. Now, it is my Mom, my long-suffering Dad (the from store to van package carrier), my daughter and I that go each and every year. We don't camp out, but we do go over our plan on Thanksgiving and sometimes start ordering then if we can. I love the tradition and look forward to it every year.

5 years.

My huge deals have been the last 3 years:

2007 - GPS for $69. Entertainment centre for $49

2006 - 19 inch HDTV for $35. Yes I said $35! I asked for the HDTV on sale and grabbed it. Got inline and it rang up what I thought was in error as I was under the impression you got a $199 rebate. I showed the ad to the cashier and she was flustered and tried to get a hold of the manager. The manager asked her if the ad said rebate and she said yes so he said give him the rebate. Well, I walk out with all my stuff (DVDs, TV...etc) and when I get home I notice the receipt has a mail in rebate on it for $199! So I got 2 rebates!! WOOO HOOO!

2005 - a nice 21 inch analog TV for my parents for $59. Since their TV at the time was something from the early 80's and they refused to buy a current one as the old still worked (provided you hit the side of it every so often)

Oh wow! I first started going to Black Friday sales when i was about 12. My mom and my sisters and I always went together and still do. Mom brings the coffee, oldest sister brings mugs, 2nd sister brings doughnuts, I bring a map of the store and my other sister just brings her grumpy self. So fun! :D

Whoo hoo!!! Lots of veterans and newbies.... I am 24 now and I have been going for 14 years:eyepoppin. Every woman in my family starts shopping at 10 for Black Friday!!! I have a lot of younger cousin and my Mom and my aunts would make list for each store and we would split up and go to all the different stores. At the end of the day we would meet have lunch and divie up the loot...then go home and sleep it off! :tired:

My wife and I have been doing it for about 8 years now its became a family tradition .lol Last year we ended up talking some friends in to tagging along . We start bright and early and go till we can't go anymore (or we are out of money what ever comes first). It's always a great time.