Do I have a right to get my money back??

I purchased something on ebay that I needed this Saturday for a wedding. I purchased it on the 6th of August and needed it on the 16th. The reason I bought from this person is because of their statement in their auction, which states (copy and pasted):

THEY ARE A TOP OF THE LINE PRODUCT THAT WE ARE ABLE TO OFFER AT A GREAT SAVINGS TO YOU, WE HAVE THEM IN STOCK AND WILL SHIP WITHIN 24 HOURS OF PAYMENT, SO IF YOU NEED IT QUICK WE ARE YOUR PLACE TO BUY! HIGH BIDDER WILL PAY $5.00 FOR SHIPPING, WE PREFER PAYPAL BUT WILL ALSO ACCEPT MONEY ORDERS.

I didn't receive it until just today. When I hadn't received it by Friday I just went out and paid full price for the item. I email them last Tuesday and asked if it was shipped out yet and they didn't answer till Wednesday and their exact words were: "It was shipped". Thats all they said. I looked at the paypal invoice and they didn't print the invoice till Wednesday, so that's way off from what they advertise in their listing.

So, what I'm asking is, even though ebay gives them 7 days to ship out the item, can I still file with paypal to get my money back because it was not shipped within the timeframe the auction states??

By the way, I've tried emailing them Sunday and have not heard back yet. :mad:

I would say you do havea right to a refund. Their policy clearly states that they ship in 24 hours. I had the same issue with a seller. His computer went down and apparently that was somehow my fault. He didn't ship my item for over a week! I didn't request a refund though, because this was the only place I could find the item.

You're pretty much at the mercy of the seller. Paypal won't side with you on a case of they didn't ship it fast enough. You could mail it back to them with delivery conf. and open a SNAD would pretty much be the only way you'd get your money back. You would have to have a reason to submit to PP for it being a SNAD tho.

=heybud2]If it was the exact item it may be easier just to return it to the store that you purchased the full price item from and tell them you changed your mind

I think that is dishonest. Just so you know if the stores scans the upc for the return it may not come up in the stores systems because IT ISN'T THEIR MERCHANDISE.

I wouldn't return it to the store because I already used it, and the store would clearly know if I returned the ebay item to them because you can clearly tell it's not their item, kwim? Plus like pp said, thats dishonest.

Maybe I'll just keep my mouth shut afterall. I'm just upset because I didn't get the item in time and their policy per their auction says they ship immediately which they didn't. I'm sure I could still use the item, just didn't need two of them.

I don't think there is anything dishonest about returning it to the store if it would have been the exact same item and unused but that's not up for debate.

The way you get to a seller on eBay is by feedback. Make sure you leave feedback exactly the way you feel and what you feel they deserve. I sell on eBay too. I always try to solve problems though, I don't ignore people. Recently I had somebody leave a positive but left an untrue statment with it. Boy that got my attention! Like a PP said try selling it on eBay yourself.