Anybody knows details about the Toys r us clearance?

I'm fairly new to this site, but since I discovered it, I'm in love with it. Do you guys know how the clearance at Toys r us works? I've been watching some items on clearance for more than two months, but there hasn't been any price change. About a month ago they have been offering an extra 20% off to clearance toys, but the price of the toys hasn't dropped at all. Do you guys think prices will drop or if they will offer a higher extra percent off at some point? Do you know how low do clearance prices drop to (a percentage ie. 50% or 75%). The toys I have been watching are at around 30% off plus the 20%, but I would love to get them at 75% or lower. Has anything like these discounts happen at TRU? TIA :)

I haven't found any method to the madness yet. But I have noticed that sometimes for whatever reason the prices go up!!! I bought my son a cd/tape/turntable/MP3 system. I paid like $35.00.

http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2810556

It is now $90.98. WHY??? I DON"T KNOW!!! My sister wanted to get a payphone for my niece. It was pink and by the same company. It is now not available. But at the time it was $29.?? then went up to $79.?? So the prices don't always go down.

Went to the local TRU last night and they still have the same prices on their clearance toys and now they don't even have the extra 20% off! :( The clearance items are scattered all over the store and they seem to have the same toys that they did more than 2 months ago, so I don't think they're selling at all. Also, notice the new toys for Christmas haven't even been put out. Maybe, when they bring the new toys they'll start clearancing further what they have. Has anybody in the past experienced a good clearance sale at TRU?

i've found TRU clearance to be the weirdest most inconsistent thing EVER. Sometimes you just stumble over a really low price on something (and it's in its normal aisle usually)...other times the prices are just outrageous! I wouldn't follow things there...more stress than it's worth with their "system" Best thing you could do is put the toys you are watching there in the toy finder discussion forum...usually people can find it for you for much less and with less frustration! good luck :) oh, welcome too!

i've found TRU clearance to be the weirdest most inconsistent thing EVER. Sometimes you just stumble over a really low price on something (and it's in its normal aisle usually)...other times the prices are just outrageous! I wouldn't follow things there...more stress than it's worth with their "system" Best thing you could do is put the toys you are watching there in the toy finder discussion forum...usually people can find it for you for much less and with less frustration! good luck :) oh, welcome too!

I agree, sometimes you just stumble upon really great clearance there and then they advertise a clearance sale and you go in & the prices stink! You just have to keep checking once a week if you see something you want on clearance until it goes down low enough or they are low on stock.