Survey General Discussion~Questions & Answers

This thread is for survey general questions & answers only.

There are individual threads for the companies below, please search the forum for these threads and then post your question in there.

This thread is to offer advice, honest tips & to ask questions when they come up.

Where do I start?

Well you start by reading what others have written on any specific survey site decide what sites are the best fit for you. I do recommend that you sign up with as many legitimate sites as possible; it takes a while for you to start to get surveys. Some sites you will only hear from occasionally, others on a daily or weekly basis. I would highly suggest that you get a form filler (google auto fill or RoboForm) it saves you a lot of typing.

The most important thing that you should do is to be honest when filling out your demographic information.

Be honest when you answer survey questions. The survey companies talk to each other and you can get black listed for not being honest. They also have people that watch message board and will report back to the companies who is cheating, the bottom line is that you will be caught. Then you will lose that extra money and your chance at making a difference on what products will go on the market.

Answer as many survey invitations as possible this keeps you on their lists. Even if you know you will not qualify answer them, it only take a minute or two and can lead to more invitations.

Fill out all of the demographic questions. This helps the company to know what surveys to send you. The more you have filled out the better your chance are at getting surveys.

Don’t plan on retirement with your survey money. Yes they do bring some extra cash but you will not be able to live on this alone.

Most important never ever pay to get a list of survey sites, to take a survey or to take part in any projects.

How to search craigslist for surveys or research projects:

If we aren't posting projects from your area, this is how you can do it yourself.

1)Go to: http://craigslist.org

2)Find your city &/or state

3)Scroll down until you see ETC (under jobs)

4)Click ETC and that is where you will find them.

5)Then come back to GottaDeal and post what you have found here. Be very descriptive in the title what is the study about? Where is it (online, nationwide, phone, etc)? How much does it pay? For an example of a good thread check out one of mine DramaQueenLucy.

If you want to help us out here at GD. Come back, Search to see if it has already been posted. If not copy and paste it. Rewrite the title of the post. Be as descriptive as possible and include as much information as possible. If the study takes place only in a certain area add that to the title. If it's Nationwide, add that. If it's a telephone or online interview, add that. For examples of good thread titles please see my (DramaQueenLucy) posts

If you have a question or just want to look at the previous thread click here.

Just have fun & make some money!!!

~DramaQueenLucy

Edited by DramaQueenLucy

• 2 weeks later...
We have checks ready to send you for offering us your honest opinion on various online surveys that only take a few minutes to complete. FusionCash pays you cash to be a product tester! There's a $5 signup bonus and you can get paid via PayPal or by check. We pay every month, and you can continue earning money for years. http://www.fishersimple.com/click.cgi?sid=108608249&cid=136509&ed=6847&eip=2669&ld=4675&lip=2669&url=t1 I am a little leary about it.

You have to have $25 to cash out. $15 of it has to be completed offers (no referrals) But here's the ketch, Your money expires after a certain time. It was 90 days and recently switched to 180 days so, all my sign up bonus and money I made is now expired because I normally only do surveys not the offers that cost money. So unless you do these offers you won't get to cash out. You decide. I would be careful. That was my own experience with them!

We have checks ready to send you for offering us your honest opinion on various online surveys that only take a few minutes to complete. FusionCash pays you cash to be a product tester! There's a $5 signup bonus and you can get paid via PayPal or by check. We pay every month, and you can continue earning money for years. http://www.fishersimple.com/click.cgi?sid=108608249&cid=136509&ed=6847&eip=2669&ld=4675&lip=2669&url=t1 I am a little leary about it.

see this thread. http://forums.gottadeal.com/showthread.php?t=44719&highlight=fusioncash

i personally havent and wont sign up for a site like this. jmo

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Did anyone do the mastercard 90 minute interactive? It was last night at 5:30 cst. I can't remember which survey site that originally offered it. Thanks!

Nevermind! I found what I was looking for!

I took part, but do not remember neither amount of compensation or the survey site, I was invited from. Could you share it with me? thanks.

I took part, but do not remember neither amount of compensation or the survey site, I was invited from. Could you share it with me? thanks.

Just a friendly piece of advise..:yup:Always, always write down the survey company, survey number and always, always keep the invite and record that you have completed it and for how much..Without this info the likehood of you not receiving your compensation stands in jeopardy.. Some companies, even tho they are legit, will not paid if you do not have proof you completed it if you inquire about payment. The biggest majority of us keep a ledger or some form of daily recording of surveys taken, compensation ( also if it is check, paypal, gift certificate, etc.) and when we were paid, etc..:)

I believe it was $40 or $45. I responded to the original email from Angela on regards to when to sign in. They will send a check in 4-6 weeks. VSK, are you Mary, by any chance?

Thanks,

I am not mary.:no: Will check come from itracks?

• 1 month later...

I have had problems with Say Nation ever since I registered with them. I had problems logging in after registering and it took them 2 months to finally answer my email which by then I had already reregistered so it didn't matter anymore.

Well, then another time when I went to add my address and phone number to my account in order to cash in points I had an issue where I couldn't log back into my account. While I was adding my info, at the bottom of the screen it said I had to reenter my password in order to make the changes. Well I did. I did NOT change my password.

Then I got a message after submitting that, that I needed to log back in. Well, I tried that and I got a message stating that the email address/password I entered was invalid. So I clicked the "forgot password" link and added my email address. Then I got a message stating that the email address could not be found.

What the heck happened? This happened once before and NOONE has EVER answered my question from the last time it happened. So now, here I sit, waiting for someone to respond and of course I can not access my account and I can not touch my points because I can't get into the stupid account.

I know I have read somewhere where there is a site you can go to, to report companies like this when you have a problem and they won't respond or offer assistance. Does anyone know what I am referring to or can anyone offer any help? I am NOT happy about this.

I registered a complaint with the company you referred me to, Lucy, against SayNation! and finally got a response from someone at SayNation!. It took them a while but they claim to want to help me. They said that my email address was causing a problem with their system and that is why I was getting locked out of my account. Although there was never a problem with them emailing me surveys or problems with me taking the surveys. But as soon as I wanted to cash in points there was a problem and I then couldn't log into my account. I kept getting a message stating the info I was inputting was invalid and they couldn't locate my email address.

Well, finally today I got logged in and went to request a paypal deposit. I was excited about getting back into my account. Then as soon as I hit the submit button to request the deposit, I got a page long error message. I was SO mad! So, now I have to submit another complaint and wait probably weeks to get a response.

I'm not real happy with SayNation! at all. I've had problems with them since the day I registered. It takes them forever to respond to emails. And there are too many problems with surveys. Several times I've clicked to submit a survey and I get an error message or it doesn't take me back to the SayNation homepage and then I don't get credit for taking the surveys. Urggggh!!!!

I registered a complaint with the company you referred me to, Lucy, against SayNation! and finally got a response from someone at SayNation!. It took them a while but they claim to want to help me. They said that my email address was causing a problem with their system and that is why I was getting locked out of my account. Although there was never a problem with them emailing me surveys or problems with me taking the surveys. But as soon as I wanted to cash in points there was a problem and I then couldn't log into my account. I kept getting a message stating the info I was inputting was invalid and they couldn't locate my email address.

Well, finally today I got logged in and went to request a paypal deposit. I was excited about getting back into my account. Then as soon as I hit the submit button to request the deposit, I got a page long error message. I was SO mad! So, now I have to submit another complaint and wait probably weeks to get a response.

I'm not real happy with SayNation! at all. I've had problems with them since the day I registered. It takes them forever to respond to emails. And there are too many problems with surveys. Several times I've clicked to submit a survey and I get an error message or it doesn't take me back to the SayNation homepage and then I don't get credit for taking the surveys. Urggggh!!!!

Thanks for making us aware that there are issues with this company. I sure hope that you can get something done about all that it owed to you.

First let me start by saying i would have searched the information but i didnt know exactly what to search for..also im posting this in this forum because you guys are the ones who like to make money and thats what these sites are for, if this needs to be moved please do so..

Im wondering are there any other sites like boomertowne use to be? I know about mypoints and freeride..having to buy things to really rack up points, but are there any others. i heard something about wellness360 and looked around the site but didnt quite understand what to do.

thanks

• 1 month later...

I agree with you.

What particularly irritates me is when I get cold-called asking for my opinion for free. It bugs me, because if their doing this, you know a good deal of people out there are just giving away their info for nothing. People need to realize that market research is dependant upon consumer opinion and demographics, and somebody needs to let these companies know their not going to prosper without paying dues where dues are deserved

You think their would be some regulating body for this? Sort of like consumer rights or something. But companies seem to just run wild with this, getting information however they can. It's mind-boggling how people just throw away a commoditty that everyone inherently possesses. Their should be, at least, some education site telling people the value of their opinion. I think education is the key here

I've been getting an increasingly large number of surveys that are for raffles and "chances to win". I just hit the delete button. I also delete surveys that do not offer a fair amount of compensation for the length of the survey. $1 for 30 minutes? I don't think so.

I behave exactly the same as you. My only exception to the rule is Stanford lotteries where the odds are stated and they are pretty good typically.