Need advice on buying a Garmin StreetPilot 2620 GPS!

Hey there...ok...I've researched prices for a Garmin StreetPilot 2620 GPS and concluded that the best price I can get it at from a reliable company would be ~$795...Well I checked on eBay and concluded that it goes for ~$720...

Well here's my problem, if I get it off eBay, MOST ppl don't have a reciept therefore it is not under warranty...Garmin's warranty is only a year...now I'm only looking at buying the new ones...do the Garmin 2620's break often ? Like are they known to be sent in for repairs? Or are these pretty much durable and well made products?

I REALLY don't want to spend the higher price cause I'll be needing all the money I can save when I go and live in Disney World for 7 months...

THANX

C'YA :gd_dollar

I would have no problem buying from eBay as long as the seller has near-perfect feedback and has sold similar items in the past (and received positive feedback). You might not need a receipt for the warranty. As long as it's new you can register it and then your year starts from then.

To obtain warranty service, an original or copy of the sales receipt from the original retailer is required. Online auction confirmations are not accepted for warranty verification, and Garmin will not replace missing components from any package purchased through an online auction. Garmin retains the exclusive right to either repair or replace the unit with a "newly-overhauled" (NOH) unit or new unit at its sole discretion. The same policy shall apply to software.

Already researched that :fedora:

I have no problem buying from eBay...I've done so many times in the past...it's a question of the reliability of Garmin's product...is a new one reliable enuff to risk buying it with no warranty...that's what I'm trying to figure out...http://img.slickdeals.net/images/smilies2/i%20don't%20know.gif