Free Thomas Train at Toys R Us, in store

Crazy Mama

Me either... now to find a store that hasn't already run out of them!!! I ran on my lunch break to pick one up, and there were at least 3 other people looking for them and they were gone before I even got there at 11:45!!!

I was at our store at 11 AM and they told me that they had sold out this weekend when they honored the coupon that was wrong where any of the 12.99 trains were being given to customers free (they were told in the afternoon not to honor it anymore)

I went yesterday (when they were taking the old cp) & today. It looks like they pulled most of the free trains off the shelf (just what I think it looks like) and I was hoping that they might sign the new cp as rainchecks since I doubt they'll restock before it expires.

I went yesterday (when they were taking the old cp) & today. It looks like they pulled most of the free trains off the shelf (just what I think it looks like) and I was hoping that they might sign the new cp as rainchecks since I doubt they'll restock before it expires.

I think many of the stores are wiped out due to people using the Q. Did you get a raincheck? You have to wonder how much TRu may have lost on this (but so lucky for us)

When I was at TRU around 1:30 they only had the helicopter and rheneas left.

I went to another TRU last night on my way home, and they had the same two (Rheneas and the helicopter, so i picked up the train, and figured I would try again either tonight or tomorrow to see about getting the helicopter!!

I think many of the stores are wiped out due to people using the Q. Did you get a raincheck? You have to wonder how much TRu may have lost on this (but so lucky for us)

I didn't get a raincheck since I was able to get the last free train I saw on the sales floor but if I stop today and they are out (not sure if I'm going to go or not), I was going to try to get a raincheck.

My TRU will not give rain checks since the coupon says "while supplies last & no substitutions or rain checks" I wish they would at least just let you buy another train and pay the difference, since they are out of the free ones.

I have gone to 2 TRU since this started and neither had any. they said they will get a truck in on Saturday and I said well the coupon will be expired by then..she just looked at me. I ask why give out a coupon when you don't have them in stock..again just a stare. I wrote to corp. and have not gotten a reply yet.

I went to 3 TRU's!! The first one, like I said before, "sold out" at like 11:30 on the first day!!! hmmm... the second one I went to, had one of the train's (can't remember the name) and a BUNCH of the harold the helicoptor's, so of course i got the train.. then went to the last store and got the helicopter!!! On my way home from the 3rd store, I stopped at the second store again, there were still a bunch of the helicopter's so I picked it up and took it to the front (if possible to get extra's I do because then I save them for Toys for Tots at Christmas) and the same toy I had gotten for free at another TRU was the "wrong one" at this store... They definatly needed to handle this "coupon" a little better, and by that, I mean I actually having the item in stock!!!

I called and asked if I could use the coupon today since the store had been out. The two stores closest to me both said yes. The manager let me use 4 coupons at other first store (DH, DS4, DS3, & I each used a coupon) we got 2 Billy trains and 2 black & grey trains (can't remember the name). The manager of the other store was completely out of the $12.99 of less trains so he let us use 2 coupons on 1 Gordon ($22.99) and 2 on 1 Emily ($20.99) so they both came out free. My boys were so excited! These were the last few that we didn't have.

It was also a Thomas & Friends play day at the stores. The kids each got a pack of collector cards, were able to color a Thomas picture, play trains on the Thomas train table, & listen to Thomas stories (they read Thomas books to the kids every half hour). They had so much fun!

Our TRU had a sign up that said that they were not honoring the internet coupon due to an error.

I called and spoke to the store managers before I went down and they were so nice about it. I did see the sign when I got to the store but since I had already spoken directly to the store managers I had the cashier call them over (as instructed by them over the phone) and they put the coupons through. No problems at all.