Mambaz by Crocs Women's and Mens Beach Clog $9.95 w/free shipping at dsw.com

hwolf6330

I was at DSW today and they had these in store for $8 and change. They had a flip flop style (like the Crocs Athens) and the clog style (like the Crocs Cayman) at the store.

I got the flip flop style and it is so comfy! Comfier than the Athens, IMO.

I just read the article where it states they were made for JC Penny and they were made by Crocs. So they are a generic brand. Every generic brand is made by a name brand (from food to hard-goods), we now know that JC Penny's is made by the original Croc. That is pretty interesting. Either way, they didn't have my size :( I don't think I would pay $18-25 for a lower end croc when I could pay that for the real top of the line croc at other places (ie: Shoebuy with a coupon, Costco etc...). I would pay under $10 for them though. :yup:

I ordered a pair and I am sure they will be fine, but I am disappointed in DSW's way of advertising the shoe. It appeared during my purchase that "Mambaz" was a style by Crocs, IMO. If they are going to use the name "Crocs" than they should be branded as Crocs. You don't see Food Lion Macaroni and Cheese by Kraft or Harris Teeter Apple Juice by White House. Carter's Childrenswear makes lines for Walmart and Target respectively, and they are labeled as Child of Mine by Carters and Just One Year by Carters, I think. They are labeled and priced accordingly, as a value line, not a generic. As amickeyfan said, these are generic shoes for JcPenney and shouldn't be marketed as Crocs unless they are labeled as such, just my two cents. I feel a little ripped off.

I ordered a pair and I am sure they will be fine, but I am disappointed in DSW's way of advertising the shoe. It appeared during my purchase that "Mambaz" was a style by Crocs, IMO. If they are going to use the name "Crocs" than they should be branded as Crocs. You don't see Food Lion Macaroni and Cheese by Kraft or Harris Teeter Apple Juice by White House. Carter's Childrenswear makes lines for Walmart and Target respectively, and they are labeled as Child of Mine by Carters and Just One Year by Carters, I think. They are labeled and priced accordingly, as a value line, not a generic. As amickeyfan said, these are generic shoes for JcPenney and shouldn't be marketed as Crocs unless they are labeled as such, just my two cents. I feel a little ripped off.

These shoes are made by Crocs.

DSW advertised these as Mambaz by Crocs, not Crocs Mambaz. You mentioned the Carters that are sold by Target and Wal-Mart, this is the same deal.

Mambaz by Crocs

Just One Year by Carters

Child of Mine by Carters

I certainly am not trying to start an argument. I suppose a person could reason on it either way. Probably it was really late and I am an idiot. Next time I will keep my comments in my head, sorry.

I'm not trying to start an argument either. :) You're not an idiot. Feel free to comment as you wish. :yup:

That is MY question, too. The logo is not right and Crocs usually go by NUMBER size, NOT S,M,L.........:confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

It these are knock offs, then CVS and Walgrens have them cheaper.

Some Crocs do go by S, M, L: The "Beach" version is one example.

I certainly am not trying to start an argument. I suppose a person could reason on it either way. Probably it was really late and I am an idiot. Next time I will keep my comments in my head, sorry.

You are not an idiot. I hear what you are saying which is why I questioned it. For the $9.95, you would not have been ripped off. You are paying for what you are getting, or would have been getting since your order was cancelled. :( For that price, I would have loved a pair in Yellow. I have nearly every color (23 pairs to be exact) of real Crocs and want yellow but can't seem to find them in my size. I refuse to pay $30 for them. Most (not all) of mine have been from Shoebuy.com with their sales. The most I have paid was $25 and that was with shipping.. and they were for Disney ones...:yup: