any Dell Dimension coupons coming out?

yeah...thanks...I figured it didn't hurt to ask. There was such a nice one last week :-(...but my computer was behaving itself last week. Oh well- I figured with the end of the quarter fast approaching, and with all the inspiron coupons, a good dimension one should be forthcoming...

I think Dell is pretty much done with their really good deals for the quarter. They have a few laptop coupons that are good for another week, so I don't see them releasing any great coupons anytime soon. They spoliled us the last 2 weeks, and now we'll have to wait for something comparable.

They spoliled us the last 2 weeks, and now we'll have to wait for something comparable.

True.

One of the hottest deals happened two weeks ago through Dell Small Business which offered:

• Dell Dimension 8400
  • 3.0Ghz 4 630 HT Processor
  • 512MB Dual Channel DDR2 RAM
  • 40GB S-ATA
  • FREE! Single Drive: 16X CD/DVD burner (DVD+/-RW)
  • FREE! 19 in E193FP Flat Panel Display

Final price $599 with free DVD Burner or $499 with CD-ROM/CD-RW after $100 rebate.

Why oh why didn't I jump on that insanely hot deal???

Why oh why didn't I jump on that insanely hot deal???

Ditto...

Rossman- to answer your question- I want the 8400, well-configured, and as cheap as possible (of course

:yelclap: )...maybe I am wrong, but I think Dell's better lines are more troublefree- better quality control and all that (or I just believe the hype....). The XPS unit is a little too big for my desk cubby.

Luckily, we don't pay tax in NY for Dell Home (yet...anyway) so the Home section is better unless SB has a deal worth offsetting the sales tax- of course, the one you mentioned, with perhaps a larger hd and a little tweaking would have been nice... oh well :indiffere

Microsoft Media Center

http://thomashawk.com/2004/10/microsoft-media-center-2005.html

The 8400 is a powerful machine but for the average user/gamer the 4700 should be more than sufficient. It all really depends on your needs. Why buy a yacht when all you need is a speedboat?

Both are good machines, if you want peace of mind I would suggest upgrading to a better on site warranty. I have owned about 8 Dell Dimension desktops over the past 6 years. The only problem I can remember is a dead soundcard, not bad :)

I actually bought a refurb 4700 a few weeks back when they were practically giving them away. I've upgraded the sound card and video card and then added another 512mb ram to get it to 1GB. It's a great gaming machine, now. My uncle bought it from me, and plays Doom3, Brothers in Arms, and a few racing games on it. He hasn't had one problem with it, to this point.

mrn8,

Sounds like you scored a major Hot Deal, congratulations!

Dell Outlet sells refurbished desktops, laptops and PDA's which are usually in like-new condition. They're usually returns within the first 30 days. We've purchased a refurbished Dimension 4300 a few years ago, it arrived like it was brand new. The hard drive was re-formatted and Windows XP Home was already re-installed. Earlier this month I saw loaded Dell 8400's for around $349 with a DVD Burner, nice video card, some even had Microsoft Office suite.

FYI, dell has free RAM & harddrive upgrades right now and starting on 5/2 you can use coupon code GL$8KB13$WB?04 to take $300 off a $999 system @ dell home. It appears they have taken away the Klipsch 5.1 pro medias for the system configuration add on page... :mad: :mad: