Astro Arch Water Sprinkler $4.99 ImprovementsCatalog.com. Was $39.99

Fishboysmom

Got mine (all 3) today. I needed to add a rubber washer to the hose connection to keep it from leaking, but other than that, it works great and the kids love it. The only bad part is that they come in plain white boxes, so I dont think I can give them as gifts. bummer.

I got mine today. The one with the pump was backordered, but the plain arch arrived. It's cute, but isn't standing up well (it's windy out, too). I had to strap one side to the playhouse and prop up the other side with a patio chair. Also, the tube where the water flows was twisted and popped a hole. I patched it and now it works fine.

All in all, a little bit of a pain... but for $7.29 after shipping (this half of my order), not bad. My kids are about to get home from the last day of school... I plan to surprise them.

So what are you going to do with three of them? :tongue1:

I haven't figured that out yet. Keep them as backups for when the others pop? Start my own car wash? Send them to Iowa as floatation devices (I can joke about that because I live in county in Indiana that was declared a disaster area for flooding).

On a side note, I was having trouble with mine blowing over as well, then I found the secret. You have to really fill the bases as full as you can with water, and fill the posts very tightly with air. Worked for me. good luck.

I agree that they are a little bit of a pain in the rear, but hey, if the kids are entertained for a couple of days, its money well spent!

I just inflated the poles even more and filled the bases with air and water even more. It's a little more stable, but even with a breeze, it tips over. It's working great, though, tied to the playhouse and using a patio chair to prop the other side. :)

The kids are loving it. I've had to duct tape the tube more today since the hole got bigger. Hopefully it'll hold up a little while longer. When the backordered one arrives, we can use that. Now my biggest issue is the huge mud puddle in the middle of my yard... all the water hits the same spot! :eek: All in all, still a really great buy!

Now my biggest issue is the huge mud puddle in the middle of my yard... all the water hits the same spot! :eek:

I heard a quote that really stuck with me: "We're not raising grass here, we're raising kids."

Let the kids have fun. They'll be grown before we know it, and then we can have a nice looking lawn!