Guests: Please register to get rid of these annoying ads! Registered members enjoy an ad-free forum.

Photo

Walgreens Deals Discussion - MARCH

95 replies to this topic

#61 allker  OFFLINE  

allker

• PipPipPipPip
  • 9 Posts
  • Member since 2008

Posted Mar 14, 2008 - 1:35 pm

I spoke with the regional office and they just called me back to tell me the store manager was on vacation, but would call me back on Monday. She seemed to hint that it may be the attitude of the assistant manager that was the problem. Oh well, I won't be back to that store, ever:)

#62 fuzzywuzzy86  OFFLINE  

fuzzywuzzy86

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 106 Posts
  • Member since 2007

Posted Mar 14, 2008 - 2:03 pm

You should have made them cash everything and then say you know what...i changed my mind! Don't EVER make purchases when employees especially a MANAGER makes YOU feel uncomfortable. Find out who the district manager is! complain about that.

#63 susiestar  OFFLINE  

susiestar

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 338 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Mar 15, 2008 - 12:57 pm

WOW, you guys end up with great deals. Our walgreens does not do RR, no machine to print them out. they say it is only available in certain areas. So much of what you buy is brand name. We make our own for much of htis. Or end up with the Walmart brand being cheaper even after coupons. I am envious. Susie

#64 dantegirl  OFFLINE  

dantegirl

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 654 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Mar 16, 2008 - 1:24 pm

Some decent deals this week: Flintstone vitamins- Clearance $2.89 - $1 MFR Q = $1.89 (If you buy 2, you get $3 in Register Rewards) Coke 12 packs - $5/11 with in-store Q Buy $10 of Dove products, get $2 in register rewards (tons of dove Q's in paper today) Buy $15 of Dove products, get $5 in Register Rewards (today's paper had TONS of Dove Q's) M&M's - 2/$4 - $1 in-store Q - $1 MFR Q = 2/$2 Dentak Dental Care- 2/$2.99 Energizer Hearing Aid Batteries 8 pack - $5.99 - $2.00 MFR Q = $3.99 Loreal Pro-Vive shampoo - 2/$4.99 - $1.00 MFR Q = 2/$3.99

#65 chrisjuvers  OFFLINE  

chrisjuvers

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 945 Posts
  • Member since 2008

Posted Mar 16, 2008 - 3:26 pm

I have a question about the coupons and RR: Buy $10 of Dove products, get $2 in register rewards Buy $15 of Dove products, get $5 in Register Rewards say I buy 4 dove body wash at $4 ea or a total of $16. That would qualify me for the $5 in RR. If I use 4 Q for $2 off each, then I'm actually paying $8. Do I still get the RR of $5? or is it based on the total before Q and I would get no RR? Thanks in advance to all the savvy shoppers!;)

#66 dantegirl  OFFLINE  

dantegirl

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 654 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Mar 16, 2008 - 4:30 pm

I have a question about the coupons and RR:
Buy $10 of Dove products, get $2 in register rewards
Buy $15 of Dove products, get $5 in Register Rewards

say I buy 4 dove body wash at $4 ea or a total of $16. That would qualify me for the $5 in RR. If I use 4 Q for $2 off each, then I'm actually paying $8. Do I still get the RR of $5? or is it based on the total before Q and I would get no RR?
Thanks in advance to all the savvy shoppers!;)

I have always been able to use coupons and it still prints out the rewards. So I believe it is based on the original price of the item, not the after coupon price.

#67 chrisjuvers  OFFLINE  

chrisjuvers

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 945 Posts
  • Member since 2008

Posted Mar 16, 2008 - 4:39 pm

great! Thanks for the info.:cool:

#68 toebaby  OFFLINE  

toebaby

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 331 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Mar 16, 2008 - 8:41 pm

I have always been able to use coupons and it still prints out the rewards. So I believe it is based on the original price of the item, not the after coupon price.

Yes, you can use coupons and when my RR didn't print out, I called the head office and got my RR back.

#69 AndreaInNC  OFFLINE  

AndreaInNC

Caniac

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,170 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Mar 17, 2008 - 11:53 am

I had a great day at Walgreens on Saturday. I finally found the Venus Embrace. Got the manager to give me the coupon to add it to my March EasySaver Rebate. The cashier rang it up as $9.99 on sale. Gave them a $4.00 coupon, and then a $5.00 RR printed out! So I basically Walgreens will pay me $9.99 to buy the razor! That's what I call a deal maker!

#70 Rockfordmom  OFFLINE  

Rockfordmom

• 6,319 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Mar 17, 2008 - 2:51 pm

they have oust air & surface sanatizer on sale for $3 this week and if you still have a coupon that was posted on the coupon board a few weeks ago for B1G1F (printable), you buy 2 for $3 and get $2 rebate back, so it comes out to $1 for 2 cans

here's the oust coupon link - http://www.oust.com/...=&lang=&cista=0

#71 chrisjuvers  OFFLINE  

chrisjuvers

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 945 Posts
  • Member since 2008

Posted Mar 18, 2008 - 6:24 pm

I did my first coupons with RR today and it was exciting! I purchased 4 of the dove body wash on sale for $4 ea. I used 4 coupons for $2 off and I got the RR of $5. Yipee! I really paid .75 each for something that is normally $5 ea. I did have a small snag though. The coupons I printed didn't scan and they were from coupons.com. I told the cashier, who had to call a managaer, that the coupons scan fine at Walmart. The manager told the cashier to override the coupons and give me the $2 off on each. I'm wondering if they don't scan because they try to scan both at the same time with their pointer guns. Anyone else have this problem? I'm going to back on saturday to see the bunny at walgreens and get some more soap!

#72 chrisjuvers  OFFLINE  

chrisjuvers

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 945 Posts
  • Member since 2008

Posted Mar 18, 2008 - 6:25 pm

I forgot to say "both" at the same time.."both" means the two bar codes that print out on each coupon.

#73 AndreaInNC  OFFLINE  

AndreaInNC

Caniac

• 7,170 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Mar 19, 2008 - 4:31 am

I think it's Walgreens scanner. I've had paper coupons that I've gotten directly from the mfrg that won't scan either.

#74 fluffkin79  OFFLINE  

fluffkin79

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 854 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Mar 19, 2008 - 8:28 pm

I had $20 in Register Rewards expiring today, so I had to make a trip. I added $4.83 OOP and got: 4 Purex BOGO, so 2/5.99 - 2x $1 man Q's 2 Zest 3-pack bar soap 2/$4 (raincheck) - 2x $1 man Q's 1 Olay 2-pack bar soap 2/$4 (raincheck) - $2 man Q 2 BIC Comfort 3 razors (4pk + 2 bonus) sale 3.99 - $1 EZsaver Q(x2) - $2 man Q(x2) 1 BIC Soleil Razor kit sale 5.99 - $2 man Q 1 BIC Soleil 4pk refills free with razor - $2 man Q 1 Colgate toothpaste 2.99 - $1 man Q (there is a rebate for 2.99) 3 Hunts snack pack puddings 3/$3 (included in the conagra rebate - $5 when you spend $10) 1 pencil (filler item so I could use up RR) 1 flinstones My first vitamins, clearance $2.89 - $1 man Q And I will be getting back $4.94 in rebates (after additional 10%). I can also send in for the flinstones/crayola kit that was in the inserts Sunday - found some Color Wonder on clearance at Target last week! I also wanted to get but they were out of stock: Bounty Basic paper towels .79 - .25 man Q Wisp candles 5.99 - $5 man Q (glade website) - $2 rebate Dove deodorant

#75 ldybec72  OFFLINE  

ldybec72

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 145 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Mar 20, 2008 - 5:36 am

I had 44 RRs that were set to expire this week. My total before Q's was $99.98 AFTER Q's & RR's my OOP was $4.00.. I think that it would have been even less but I believe that the cashier did not scan all of my coupons. She was taking a fit at me screaming that I was breaking the law by using more than one RR & more than one mfg Q! She said that I could not use all of the RR's either. So I said that they are designed to be used "like cash". She said "I don't care what you say, my manager said it is illegal to use more than one mfg coupon for one product!" I tried to explain to her that I had 3 coffee q's because I had 3 coffees, but she just continued to yell at me in front of several customers. It was VERY embarrassing. The assisant manager was called over, she was telling him that I was doing something illegal so he asked her if the register was taking them all. She said "YES, BUT IT ISN'T RIGHTTTT!" he told her to put them in then. She was sooo angry! Her hands were even shaking! I cannot believe that someone would get so angry at a customer. I was very calm and nice to her the whole time. I just don't get it?? I could understand her being upset if I were yelling at her or being rude and nasty. But I was talking quietly and calmly the entire time. Then to top it off, the 5 RR that were supposed to print for the Dove deal did not print. I didnt even say it to her and just left. I emailed customer service and got an email back that said "because this happened in your local store you need to go there to work it out" I don't know what to do, I really don't want to even go back there but I know that I need to. UGHHH .. just wondering what you all would do?? I am sooo glad that my CVS is VERY coupon friendly and have always been so nice.

#76 Ragsmeow  OFFLINE  

Ragsmeow

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 224 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Mar 20, 2008 - 5:49 am

I had 44 RRs that were set to expire this week.
My total before Q's was $99.98 AFTER Q's & RR's my OOP was $4.00.. I think that it would have been even less but I believe that the cashier did not scan all of my coupons. She was taking a fit at me screaming that I was breaking the law by using more than one RR & more than one mfg Q! She said that I could not use all of the RR's either. So I said that they are designed to be used "like cash". She said "I don't care what you say, my manager said it is illegal to use more than one mfg coupon for one product!" I tried to explain to her that I had 3 coffee q's because I had 3 coffees, but she just continued to yell at me in front of several customers. It was VERY embarrassing. The assisant manager was called over, she was telling him that I was doing something illegal so he asked her if the register was taking them all. She said "YES, BUT IT ISN'T RIGHTTTT!" he told her to put them in then. She was sooo angry! Her hands were even shaking!
I cannot believe that someone would get so angry at a customer. I was very calm and nice to her the whole time. I just don't get it?? I could understand her being upset if I were yelling at her or being rude and nasty. But I was talking quietly and calmly the entire time.
Then to top it off, the 5 RR that were supposed to print for the Dove deal did not print. I didnt even say it to her and just left. I emailed customer service and got an email back that said "because this happened in your local store you need to go there to work it out"
I don't know what to do, I really don't want to even go back there but I know that I need to. UGHHH .. just wondering what you all would do??
I am sooo glad that my CVS is VERY coupon friendly and have always been so nice.

This is exactly why I refuse to shop at Walgreen's.

#77 Haley28  OFFLINE  

Haley28

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 441 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Mar 20, 2008 - 5:57 am

My total before Q's was $99.98 AFTER Q's & RR's my OOP was $4.00.. I think that it would have been even less but I believe that the cashier did not scan all of my coupons. She was taking a fit at me screaming that I was breaking the law by using more than one RR & more than one mfg Q! She said that I could not use all of the RR's either. So I said that they are designed to be used "like cash". She said "I don't care what you say, my manager said it is illegal to use more than one mfg coupon for one product!" I tried to explain to her that I had 3 coffee q's because I had 3 coffees, but she just continued to yell at me in front of several customers. It was VERY embarrassing. The assisant manager was called over, she was telling him that I was doing something illegal so he asked her if the register was taking them all. She said "YES, BUT IT ISN'T RIGHTTTT!" he told her to put them in then. She was sooo angry! Her hands were even shaking!
I cannot believe that someone would get so angry at a customer. I was very calm and nice to her the whole time. I just don't get it?? I could understand her being upset if I were yelling at her or being rude and nasty. But I was talking quietly and calmly the entire time.
Then to top it off, the 5 RR that were supposed to print for the Dove deal did not print. I didnt even say it to her and just left. I emailed customer service and got an email back that said "because this happened in your local store you need to go there to work it out"
I don't know what to do, I really don't want to even go back there but I know that I need to. UGHHH .. just wondering what you all would do??
I am sooo glad that my CVS is VERY coupon friendly and have always been so nice.

I can't believe they acted that way! I went in there the other day and used more than one coupon because I bought more than one of the item and they took them fine. I have had other stores tell me the old "You can only use one of the same coupon", but if for instance you buy 3 bags of sugar, and you give them 3 sugar coupons + 3 Walgreen sugar coupons, they are supposed to take them, because it's per item. A lot of employees don't understand that.

#78 AndreaInNC  OFFLINE  

AndreaInNC

Caniac

• 7,170 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Mar 20, 2008 - 6:58 am

From what I have been told, if you use RR to pay for your purchase, it does not give you any more RR. I know that has happened to me before too. I just break up my order.

Wow .. how rude. I'm lucky that I have 3 Walgreens in a 5 mile radius of my home.

#79 ldybec72  OFFLINE  

ldybec72

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 145 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Mar 20, 2008 - 7:12 am

I used RR to do the deal with the Alieve and Flintstones etc and the 10 RR did print out for that so I have no idea why the 5 did not. The sad thing is that this Walgreens is the first and only one that we have anywhere near here. we were so excited that it was going to open. I think that the problem is that some managers are training their cashiers in the proper way. They just tell them a general scenerio and do not actually show them or give them examples of what they mean etc. It is also possible that some managers just have no clue so they do not have the tools to educate the staff in the correct manner. It is just crazy lol We should not be punished for being smart, savy shoppers who want to make good lives for ourselves and our families!!

#80 mjvargas  OFFLINE  

mjvargas

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 28 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Mar 20, 2008 - 7:25 am

what you could do is call catalina at 1888-826-8766. I had a problem where mine didn't print and they just took all my information. She looked into it and said they would send me the RR that didn't print. Be prepared to have your receipt, and upc numbers of the items you bought. HTH
i love my :2monkey:

#81 ldybec72  OFFLINE  

ldybec72

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 145 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Mar 20, 2008 - 11:51 am

ty I emailed them this afternoon and someone wrote back that i needed to send certian info so I sent all she asked for .. will keep you posted as to what they say. TY

#82 Rockfordmom  OFFLINE  

Rockfordmom

• 6,319 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Mar 20, 2008 - 1:15 pm

what you could do is call catalina at 1888-826-8766. I had a problem where mine didn't print and they just took all my information. She looked into it and said they would send me the RR that didn't print. Be prepared to have your receipt, and upc numbers of the items you bought. HTH

There's a Walgreens here that they don't print out all the time and the manager just says that there's nothing he can do about it... I always want to tell him you can give me a gift card or do a price adjust, but I never do I just return the stuff.

#83 alexusrydr  OFFLINE  

alexusrydr

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 479 Posts
  • Member since 2007

Posted Mar 20, 2008 - 3:04 pm

Some of you have horrible Walgreens stores! I have my main store and then 2 others within 10 min drive. They know me & dd from shopping there so much and the manager even congratulated me when I found the clearance diaper deal (months back). I always check out in cosmetics and the girl there said I could only use 1 RR per transaction but that she'd ring me up as many times as needed and I use tons of coupons and she knows that. I had 4 transactions today and she was very patient & nice and had no problems with anything.

#84 mrsmaltameal  OFFLINE  

mrsmaltameal

• PipPipPipPip
  • 5 Posts
  • Member since 2008

Posted Mar 20, 2008 - 4:09 pm

This is my first Walgreens post: I had a problem on Saturday at my local Walgreens. I went to purchase the Kotex Tampons that were on sale 2 for $5. I picked up two packages, for a subtotal of $5. I also had a $1.00 off coupon, for a new subtotal of $4. I had a $4 register rewards coupon, and tax here is 6%, so that would be $4.24 total. This should have left me with a balance of $0.24 after my $4.00 RR. The dad-gum computer would not take my register rewards, so I walked out with nothing at all. I am not shopping at Walgreens for register rewards anymore. They are too much of a pain!!! One week, they advertised that if you buy 6 containers of Oil of Olay Ribbons body wash, you would receive $12 in register rewards. What they didn't mention in that ad, is that the $12 in register rewards will print out as 3 separate $4 register rewards, and only one of them can be used per transaction. What a scam!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! From now on, Walgreens will be my place to shop ONLY for Easy Saver rebate items that come out totally free after rebate (except for tax)! That's my story, and I'm sticking to it! I'm in love with CVS, as they are much less of a pain, and you can recycle Extra Care bucks, and combine store coupons, and combine MFR coupons until the cows come home, and it's usually not a problem!

#85 ljvoskuil  OFFLINE  

ljvoskuil

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 211 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Mar 22, 2008 - 6:09 am

I stopped at Walgreens yesterday and they had a lot of things in their toy departnment marked down. I picked up the board game Grey's Anatomy (I just love that show) for reg. 9.99 marked down to 2.99.

#86 bellastarr  OFFLINE  

bellastarr

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 184 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Mar 22, 2008 - 5:30 pm

I went to Walgreen's today to get the glade wisp flameless candle they had on sale for $5.99. I had $5 off coupon from Glade's website. Well I get to the register and the lady makes a huge deal about me trying to use an internet coupon! She said that Walgreen's doesn't take internet coupons. But she said it in a real rude, very loud voice, with a tone like I was trying to scam them or something. I told her ok, you can just keep all this stuff then and I'll go somewhere else. This was my first and last trip to that store. I know some Walgreen's take internet coupons, my mom uses them at her store. I've emailed Walgreens to find out what their company policy on internet coupons is.

#87 fluffkin79  OFFLINE  

fluffkin79

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 854 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Mar 22, 2008 - 9:51 pm

I used the $5 glade Q today, too. The cashier did look real close, read all the fine print. In the end she took it without any comments. It does look almost too good to be true, especially with the rebate. I made sure to use this one at a store that has been very coupon friendly toward me so far. I feel a little sneaky choosing certain stores or cashiers for q's, and it shouldn't have to be that way, but I want to minmize my chances of being hasseled for using legit q's.

#88 veronicalfb  OFFLINE  

veronicalfb

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 278 Posts
  • Member since 2008

Posted Mar 28, 2008 - 7:58 pm

this is a pdf file of their coupons that expire 3/29/2008

http://walgreens.hs....tePeriod104.pdf

#89 dantegirl  OFFLINE  

dantegirl

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 654 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Mar 29, 2008 - 2:24 pm

3/30-4/5 Register Rewards Deals: Tide (64 load): $10 - $4 RR = $6 Pepsi 12 Packs: 4/$11 - $3 RR = 4/$8 Gain Laundry Detergent: 2/$10 - $4 RR = 2/$6 Swiffer Sweeper Starter Kit: $10 - $4 RR = $6 Swiffer Wet Jet Starter Kit: $18 - $4 RR = $14 Fabric Softener or Febreeze: 3/$12 -$4 RR = 3/$8 Febreeze Candles / Noticables: 2/$14 - $4 RR = 2/$10 Advil PM: $3.99 - $3 RR = $0.99 Cleaning Supplies (Cascade/ Dawn/ Mr. Clean): 4/$10 - $4 RR = 4/$6 Plus there are a lot of easy saver catalog deals as well as FREE after Mail in Rebate deals this week.

#90 klmorgan72  OFFLINE  

klmorgan72

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 79 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Mar 29, 2008 - 3:48 pm

the ad for 3/30-4/5 says on page 9, for every $10 spent on participating p&g items get $4 back in rr, and if you spend $50 or more you get an extra $5. There are alot of coupons out there that expire 3/31 that can make this deal pretty good. My list for tomarrow is: 4 febreeze noticables kits 2/$14= $28-$12q 2 downy 3/$12=$8-$2q 3 dawn simple pleasures 4/$10=$7.50-$3q 1 cascade 4/$10=$2.50-$1q 2 febreeze air effects 4/$10=$5-$2q For a total of $51 before coupons, $31 after coupons and only $6 total after RR. (since my total is over $50 I should get $4 for each total of $10 and then the extra $5 for being over $50) Hope my calculations are correct (and hope they have everything that is on my list) Not exactly free but I figure $6 for all this isn't bad since it's all stuff I use. They are also haveing RR on Advil PM sale price is $3.99 with a RR of $3 and I think there is coupons out there for this but I am not for sure.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users