Guests: Please register to get rid of these annoying ads! Registered members enjoy an ad-free forum.

Photo

Walgreens Deals Discussion - MARCH

95 replies to this topic

#31 hoover67  OFFLINE  

hoover67

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 68 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Mar 4, 2008 - 5:56 am

I asked the Walgreens sales associate here. She said I could use 2 RR per purchase. I split my order up at her suggestion. Crazy! It makes no sense to go through 2 transactions. Thanks for the info on the coupons. Michele EDIT: Went to the same Walgreens again and was told I could only use one RR per purchase. Bummer! I have been using two to purchase forever stamps and a filler.

Edited by hoover67, Mar 12, 2008 - 6:01 am.
New info

#32 kennedysgirl  OFFLINE  

kennedysgirl

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 63 Posts
  • Member since 2007

Posted Mar 4, 2008 - 11:04 am

I dont know if anyone has stated this or not ..... but the venus razor was last months free after rebate and they have extended it until the end of March. So not only can you get the $5.00 coupon printed out when you buy it but you can ALSO get it free when you mail in the rebate form. Just ask your beauty advisor about it. If she doesnt know ask for a manager. i just had them print me one!!! Walgreens paid me to try this razor!!!!

#33 fluffkin79  OFFLINE  

fluffkin79

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 854 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Mar 4, 2008 - 11:57 am

I dont know if anyone has stated this or not ..... but the venus razor was last months free after rebate and they have extended it until the end of March. So not only can you get the $5.00 coupon printed out when you buy it but you can ALSO get it free when you mail in the rebate form. Just ask your beauty advisor about it. If she doesnt know ask for a manager. i just had them print me one!!! Walgreens paid me to try this razor!!!!

I did this rebate last month. Can I do it again this month or am I limited to once?

#34 staviles  OFFLINE  

staviles

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 183 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Mar 4, 2008 - 3:52 pm

So you're saying that - I got 3 of the $4 RR for the soap this week already, I can use all 3 of them in one transaction as long as I buy at least 3 items?
I've been spending 1 at a time when I get them.

Correct, the RR are mnfctr Qs, which means as long as you have more items than Qs (just use fillers) then you can use more than 1 at a time and the register will not beep at all...like I said store manager is the one who checked me and he was perfectly fine with it, but have done it a bunch of times and noone has yet to say you can't do it..and I am at WAGS daily..as a matter of fact, on my way home from work today I did a $50 Shell gas card, 16 Easter cups, 2 Pulsar toothbrushes (didn't get the 3 for the RR as I forgot about it), 2 Wrigleys gums, 1 Renuzit air freshner and used the following Qs:

14 $4 RR
1 BIGO Pulsar
1 $2/2 Pulsar
1 BIGO Wrigleys Gum
1 WAGS 8/$1 Easter cups Q
1 $.55 off Renuzit

so you can see my item (22) to Q (19) ratio was higher than Qs and no problems..so for $7.xx OOP got all that stuff and a /$50 gas card...HTH

~~Yvonne
My full time job starts when I leave work and come home to my five kids!:gdfight::2stickpok:gdpie::fryingpan:gdlaugh::gdangry4::wife::gdinlove:

#35 Rockfordmom  OFFLINE  

Rockfordmom

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,319 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Mar 4, 2008 - 6:06 pm

I did this rebate last month. Can I do it again this month or am I limited to once?

If it was in last months book and is in this months book then you can do it both months. Each month is a separate rebate.

#36 Rockfordmom  OFFLINE  

Rockfordmom

• 6,319 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Mar 4, 2008 - 6:08 pm

I'm not understanding what we are needing to ask the beauty advisor or manager about?
What did you have them print for you? Is the $5 coupon a coupon or register reward? It doesn't automatically print out, you have to ask for it?

#37 guardado4  OFFLINE  

guardado4

Shopaholic

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 321 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Mar 4, 2008 - 11:05 pm

Okay, so I'm new to this RR stuff, but am planning on making a trip to Walgreens tomorrow. I think I understand how it works, but I'm not sure on one thing. In the ad it shows the crest dental items (floss, toothpase, mouthwash) 3/$9 with $3 RR. Do you have to purchase 3 items to get the RR? I am thinking that you do, but want to make sure. Also, not sure if this has been mentioned, but in last weekend's P&G saver there were coupons for $1 off crest floss, $1 off crest mouthwash, and $0.75 off crest toothpaste to make this deal even better. (ends up being 3/$6.25 with $3 RR)

#38 guardado4  OFFLINE  

guardado4

Shopaholic

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 321 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Mar 4, 2008 - 11:06 pm

I'm not understanding what we are needing to ask the beauty advisor or manager about?
What did you have them print for you? Is the $5 coupon a coupon or register reward? It doesn't automatically print out, you have to ask for it?

I think it is a rebate form she is having them print out. (in addition to the RR)

#39 chefpatty  OFFLINE  

chefpatty

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 464 Posts
  • Member since 2007

Posted Mar 5, 2008 - 4:11 am

Can you buy as many soaps as you want? And get a RR for each of them? I thought you could only buy one per transaction. Do you keep getting back in line? :confused:

#40 tlock1945  OFFLINE  

tlock1945

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 807 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Mar 5, 2008 - 4:56 am

Can you buy as many soaps as you want? And get a RR for each of them? I thought you could only buy one per transaction. Do you keep getting back in line? :confused:

You have to buy them in groups of 2 in order to get the 4rr for them, so you'll have to do different transactions. I was in yesterday(they were out of all the soap) and a very friendly cashier said they put a limit on them. She said she could only do 2 transactions, but that is just one store. Luckily, I only wanted to get 4 packs. YMMV

#41 kennedysgirl  OFFLINE  

kennedysgirl

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 63 Posts
  • Member since 2007

Posted Mar 5, 2008 - 6:12 am

It is not in this months book it has to be printed from the computer in their office. Something about not being not being able to get them in so they extended the promo.

#42 zoemariesmamma  OFFLINE  

zoemariesmamma

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 539 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Mar 5, 2008 - 3:16 pm

today i got 16 pencils, 2 packs of candy,and 2 packs of stickers for school treat bags, a fishing bunny candy thing for my kid, 3 $10 gc for places to eat all for $4.29 after rr i used 9 of them at once!

#43 kaestu  OFFLINE  

kaestu

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 143 Posts
  • Member since 2004

Posted Mar 5, 2008 - 8:57 pm

I did the 6/$20 deal and got 6 items for $13.65 and then got the $12 in register rewards! Also got a rr coupon for a $25 Walgreens prescription transfer and a another one for a free AirWick plug-in with purchase of a refill.

#44 landdaisy  OFFLINE  

landdaisy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 155 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Mar 6, 2008 - 10:17 am

I did the soap thing yesterday, for zest not olay b/c they were out of it. Still a good deal. But, I'll tell ya, the Walgreens staff is driving me crazy. It seems like every single time I go to Walgreens I get hassled. Even at different stores! Yesterday the lady said to me, "I just don't understand why you people need so much soap!" Ok, I was only buying 2 of them, I guess she knew I had bought 2 others earlier but still, that's not that much! Then, at another visit, the cashier couldn't get the register to accept my RR, some lady in line yells out that I'm trying to use coupons from a different store! WHAT?!!? Crazy lady! Sometimes I wonder if it's all worth it....but I keep going back! ;)
:gdcar: Proud Mommy of Two Dealers in the Making!

#45 Rockfordmom  OFFLINE  

Rockfordmom

• 6,319 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Mar 6, 2008 - 11:33 am

you can use register rewards or rainchecks from other Walgreens, they don't have to be from the same one they were issued from

#46 ldybec72  OFFLINE  

ldybec72

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 145 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Mar 6, 2008 - 12:45 pm

I have a question about the Easy Saver Q's and the 7 day Q's... If you purchase more than one of a product, do you need to use multiple easy saver q's and multiple 7 day q's in one transaction for the same products? Or does 1 Q of each take off for the total amount?? Hope I am making sense here lol I have a horrible:eyepoppin cold and am not with it today!!!

#47 dantegirl  OFFLINE  

dantegirl

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 654 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Mar 6, 2008 - 1:07 pm

I have a question about the Easy Saver Q's and the 7 day Q's... If you purchase more than one of a product, do you need to use multiple easy saver q's and multiple 7 day q's in one transaction for the same products? Or does 1 Q of each take off for the total amount?? Hope I am making sense here lol I have a horrible:eyepoppin cold and am not with it today!!!

Not sure about the 7 day coupons....I think they say their limit on them. As for the ones from the Easy Saver Catalog, I have been able to use just one for multiple products. For example, there is a $2 off T-Gel Shampoo coupon this month. I bought 6 bottles and the 1 coupon took $12 off my total. Not sure if anyone else has had other experiences......

#48 skcanton  OFFLINE  

skcanton

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Mar 6, 2008 - 1:08 pm

Okay, I have a question. Is it possible for them to print you off multiple RR within in transaction if you make multiple qualifying purchases? Say,I would like to get $40.00 in RR, do I need to go through the checkout 1o times making purchases of soap to get them or can I do it all in one transaction? Thanks!:)

#49 tlock1945  OFFLINE  

tlock1945

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 807 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Mar 6, 2008 - 2:06 pm

Okay, I have a question. Is it possible for them to print you off multiple RR within in transaction if you make multiple qualifying purchases? Say,I would like to get $40.00 in RR, do I need to go through the checkout 1o times making purchases of soap to get them or can I do it all in one transaction? Thanks!:)

You can't buy all the soap in one transaction.(well, you could, but you would only get 4 rr)Our store still didn't have any soap today. I am also not sure if they will let you make 10 different transactions.

#50 ldybec72  OFFLINE  

ldybec72

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 145 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Mar 7, 2008 - 5:52 am

Not sure about the 7 day coupons....I think they say their limit on them. As for the ones from the Easy Saver Catalog, I have been able to use just one for multiple products. For example, there is a $2 off T-Gel Shampoo coupon this month. I bought 6 bottles and the 1 coupon took $12 off my total. Not sure if anyone else has had other experiences......

thank you! I will try it and see what happens. I just like to know before I try things lol

#51 alexusrydr  OFFLINE  

alexusrydr

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 479 Posts
  • Member since 2007

Posted Mar 7, 2008 - 6:56 am

I found the viactive vitamins on clearance for $3.49 and you can use the $3 cp in the weekly sale paper to make it $0.49! Just don't buy too many b/c they expire 12/08.

#52 fluffkin79  OFFLINE  

fluffkin79

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 854 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Mar 7, 2008 - 2:27 pm

viacitiv glides and chews are on clearance here. $3 Q in flyer, $2 Q (glides only) in ES saver, and $1 printables available from Viactiv website. Make your own best deal!

#53 chrisjuvers  OFFLINE  

chrisjuvers

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 945 Posts
  • Member since 2008

Posted Mar 9, 2008 - 9:54 am

Walgreens has jane make up BOGO this week and here's a coupon for $2.00 off each jane item. Basically if your cheaper BOGO item is 3.99 or less , both are free! Exp. 4/30

http://www.janecosme...coupon only.pdf

#54 dantegirl  OFFLINE  

dantegirl

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 654 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Mar 9, 2008 - 1:50 pm

A few good deals today! Russel Stover Candy Eggs- 3/$1 + b2g2 Free coupon = 4 /$0.66 Honey Nut Cheerios- $1.99 - $0.55 = $1.44 Kotex Pads - CLEARANCE @ $1.59 Nestle Candy Bars - 3/$1 + B3G1 free coupon = 4/$1 Robitussin - $3.99 - $2 MFR coupon = $1.99 Aquafresh Toothpaste - $0.99 Speed Stick Deodorant on clearance + $1.00 & $0.75 MFR Q in paper today No Nonsense Panyhose - B1G1 free + $1.00 MFR Q in today's paper (Starting @ 2/$3.99 - $1 = 2/$2.99)

#55 elena_398  OFFLINE  

elena_398

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,722 Posts
  • Member since 2004

Posted Mar 10, 2008 - 2:19 pm

Starburst Berry Cream flavor on clearance for .12 each! I bought the entire section of them! A grand total of 31 of them! All for my daughter's classroom, teacher, and teacher aide. King size to boot Photo albums on clearance to $1.24 (full sized albums with the 8x10 sheets in side. 30 pages.

#56 fluffkin79  OFFLINE  

fluffkin79

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 854 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Mar 11, 2008 - 4:52 am

Oops, I did it again! I had good fun with the Viacitiv last week. Now it is Jane. Last night I spent 2.68 after tax. My total savings (according to the receipt) = 52.26! I got: 12 russell stover eggs 4 Jane lipsticks 4 toothbrushes and I splurged on a necklace for DD - on clearace for 2.49, 75% off. That darn necklace really ruined my total! :tongue1:

#57 Rockfordmom  OFFLINE  

Rockfordmom

• 6,319 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Mar 11, 2008 - 2:49 pm

This week they have:
Chex Mix for $1.99 B1G1F and there are several $1 off (and .50 off) coupons, so they come to about $1 for 2 bags

Puffs tissue .89 box with the coupon from the Walgreens ad and there are coupons from the paper for .50 off 3, so they are $2.17 for 3 or about .73 each

The Glade Scented Oil candles are $6.99 with a $2 rebate, there are coupons from the paper for B1G1F, so you spend $6.99 for 2 and get a $4 rebate back ($2 each in their rebate book)

The Glade Scented Oil Plug-Ins are on sale $4.79 B1G1F, there are coupons (I'm not sure where they are from they don't look like they were from the paper) for Buy 2 Scented Oil Plug-In Refills get the Plug-In Free, and the Scented Oil Plug-Ins Refills are on sale for $1.99 and there are coupons for $1 off 2 refills, so for $3 I got 2 plug-ins and 2 refills

On a side note - they would only let me use/spend one Register Reward per purchase

#58 hoover67  OFFLINE  

hoover67

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 68 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Mar 11, 2008 - 6:23 pm

I was able to pick up two shampoos and two hair gels from SunSilk with 2 - $1.50 and 2 - $2.00 off coupons. It is a B1G1 sale this week. Not bad.

#59 allker  OFFLINE  

allker

• PipPipPipPip
  • 9 Posts
  • Member since 2008

Posted Mar 14, 2008 - 11:59 am

I went in today to buy Jane makeup. Put 8 different makeup items in my basket and did some more shopping (actually a lot of drinks, cookies, candy, etc). I was only planning to use 4 Jane coupons since I think it is pushing it to try to use a coupon on a "free" item. When I went to check out the clerk said "you need to go to cosmetics to check out, I don't really know why but she just told me to tell you to check out there". When I got there she looked at my stack of coupons and immediately called the manager. She said she had to call a manager for all coupons (most were walgreens coupons from the ad). The manager acted like I was a thief...first thing she said was "you can only use ONE Jane coupon,even though it says one per item. She said the company was not reimbursing them. So I said I only wanted the two lipsticks. Then she said they weren't covered, only the new "mineral" makeup! She then watched everything I purchased and watched every coupon and was really rude! I had bought 6 mailer envelopes for $1. I didn't notice until after I checked out that they charged me $3 for every 2. That was an over-charge of $10! When the manager came back she acted like I was still trying to get something for nothing. I will NEVER go back to that store! Give me CVS anyday!!

#60 AndreaInNC  OFFLINE  

AndreaInNC

Caniac

• 7,170 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Mar 14, 2008 - 12:40 pm

Wow .. I've never had a problem with Walgreens and coupons. I've even had the manager ask me if I was using coupons!

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users