Wal-Mart Rant

Wal-Mart is the worst store ever. They wont price match their own store 10-15 miles away. I went there today cause my brother got camping lanterns for $15 each. The Spanaway store had them marked $38 each. So, I asked them to price match the Puyallup store. I was told they don't do that. I stood there for 37 min waiting to see to policy and sure enough they don't price match their own stores. I told the manager I could not believe that they would actually charge that much more and walked away. :mad::mad::mad::mad: Funny thing is I hadn't shopped at a Wal-Mart in at least a year. I wont be going back!!

I'm not surprised. Honestly, if you want decent service you shouldn't be going to Walmart, they're in it to make money. The quality of the stuff they sell is usually pretty low, I've found that if its something I'm planning using more than a few times it's cheaper to buy a better one somewhere else. It may cost more initially, but it's cheaper than replacing it later.

I had an isssue like this with my Walmart. I live within 20 miles of 3 walmarts. 1 is a megacenter, one is a supercenter, and one is a normal store. The normal W-M is closest to me and their Luvs diapers were very cheap, like $8 for a large bag. The other 2 had the same price $13. I happened to have a receipt for the diapers in my purse and after some "polite" arguing with customer service they gave me the diapers for $8.xx. The CS lady told me that all Walmarts are differently priced and that they are priced competatively within their area. It turns out that the 2 large walmarts are in bigger cities, hence the price difference. Buy the $38.00 lanterns, from the 1st store, and then return them to the other store. Then re-buy them at the 2nd store at the $15.00 price. **blushing**:o, I've done that before!

Yep I had the same issue at the Wal-Marts here... they are less than 7 miles from each other. It was for diapers.. there was a $4.00 difference... they wouldn't price match either. Gave the excuse that they are going by the surrounding areas... I said your other Wal-mart IS in the surrounding area.... no luck...Oh well... we just shop at the cheaper one.