20 Cent Listings on Ebay. Today Only!!!

juanadeal

I agree that the ebay fees are rediculous!! I was trying to get all my sales up before they go into effect. Thanks for the website with the petition, I was waiting to hear that people thought these new fees were crazy.

I loved the email they sent to sellers about how they listened and they are reducing listing fees. BY .05! WHAT! But don't worry we will pay for it in the selling fees because we will now pay a lot more when things sell. UGH!!

yeah but if you put a 7-day auction up that conviently ends when the FVF hikes are in effect. How nice of them :no:

I'm boycotting as well. It is ridiculous to have to pay ebay & paypal fees both and they are excessive IMO.

So glad I read this!!! I'm listing like nuts over here...all 5 day listings :yup:

I looked it up on Ebay because I still have a few things to list and the way I understand it is that if the listing is confirmed prior to Feb 20th then the OLD fees will apply. (Even if it ends after the 20th) The new fees will be charged for any listing started as of midnight the 20th.

So you can still list for 7 days and pay the old final value fees until the 20th.

I looked it up on Ebay because I still have a few things to list and the way I understand it is that if the listing is confirmed prior to Feb 20th then the OLD fees will apply. (Even if it ends after the 20th) The new fees will be charged for any listing started as of midnight the 20th.

So you can still list for 7 days and pay the old final value fees until the 20th.

What's the concencus (yeah, i cannot spell) with this? I just listed 18 listings w/5 day...

This is what it says on Ebay in questions about the new fees:

4. If I list an item before midnight on February 20, 2008, but the item sells after February 20, 2008, will I be charged the new Final Value Fee?

If the listing is confirmed before 00:00 PST (midnight) on February 20, 2008, the old Final Value Fee will apply if the item sells. Listings that begin on and after midnight on February 20, 2008, will be charged the new Final Value Fee if an item sells. This also applies to Good 'Til Cancelled listings - if the Good 'Til Cancelled listing renews before midnight on February 20, 2008, then the old Final Value Fee will apply for any purchases made until the next renewal date. Once a Good 'Til Cancelled listing renews on February 20, 2008 and has been charged the new Insertion Fee, the listing will then be charged the new Final Value Fee for all purchases made after the renewal.