Kodak 7.1MP 12x optical zoom Digital Camera - $189.99 Shipped w/512mb SD @ Geeks.com

Marcster

We've had our Kodak for almost a year and in the last few months it has become a useless piece of junk. It literally burns through batteries while sitting on the shelf, turned off for a couple days. We loved it at first too, but are now looking for a new camera....can't afford the batteries anymore..haha.

I got my dd a Kodak camera for a Europe trip last summer and she got some awesome shots with it. I was really happy with the pic quality. It wasn't this particular model but I would be willing to give this one a try. Seems like a pretty good deal!

Sposhek, can you use rechargeable batteries?

Whoops... I meant to make the image clickable.

Sugar&Spice -- yes, you can use rechargable AA batteries. That's what I use in my Z740 (Kodak).

I must say that I'm not thrilled with the macro setting's focus, but otherwise it's been a fine camera.

Also, if sposhek is using rechargables already, they have a definite number of times that they can be recharged before their charge goes downhill.

We've had our Kodak for almost a year and in the last few months it has become a useless piece of junk. It literally burns through batteries while sitting on the shelf, turned off for a couple days. We loved it at first too, but are now looking for a new camera....can't afford the batteries anymore..haha.

This actually was bought for me to replace a Kodak camera. It was pretty much the same thing, only an older version with 10x zoom. I loved that one too, but wanted a little more zoom :)

This may be a dumb question, but if your camera is eating through batteries when it's turned off would it help to take them out? I know that's kind of a pain if you're in a hurry to catch something though.

This actually was bought for me to replace a Kodak camera. It was pretty much the same thing, only an older version with 10x zoom. I loved that one too, but wanted a little more zoom :)

This may be a dumb question, but if your camera is eating through batteries when it's turned off would it help to take them out? I know that's kind of a pain if you're in a hurry to catch something though.

Yes I can use rechargeable batteries, and take them out when not using it. But really when paying that much for a camera...I shouldn't have to. I understand that they are going to burn through batteries when you have a lot of pics on the memory card, but we cleared the card off and it's still doing it. Just frustrating is all, but it takes very nice pictures. Guess I can keep it around for a back-up or something.

After doing a little research on the Kodak cameras,I found that this is a very common problem that Kodak is having and there are a lot of unhappy customers out there. Guess maybe this time I'll do a little more research BEFORE buying the next camera. It stinks because I love everything else about it, just hate not being able to rely in it.