CompUSA Closing up to 40% off in store only

DramaQueenLucy

They've been in "closing up shop" mode for about a month now. At 40% off, their prices are finally getting to around what most other people charge ;)

Keep in mind that it's a max of 40% off, they still have items that are like 5% off. Best deals are with the Apple stuff, as it's usually a bit difficult to find them discounted very much.

UPDATE: I was just in Compusa yesterday and they upped the percentage off amounts again. Laptops are now 20% off, several items are 40% off and a lot of software is 30% off. As bitWrangler stated, their prices are getting in line with everyone else's finally. There are a few deals but be careful. I wound up buying Windows Vista since it was 30% off and it is rarely on sale. Worth it now that the Service Pack is coming out soon.

I forgot to mention earlier, but my DH saw the HD Tivo I belive orig price was $249 It was a display, did't have any manuals, cords or remote and they still wanted FULL PRICE! My husband heard this and started laughing. I said later "I can't belive you laughed" and he said "I couldn't help it I tried not too and tried to stop I swear"

Yeah, it's not wonder they're going under. My local one had a Vaio laptop with a busted display. Funny thing is that it has a sticker marked "minor damage" and it is marked down the same amount as all the other laptops. Duh. Other prices are just now getting down to Fry's level. People are lapping the stuff up though.