Looking for a reasonable Laminator

You can get packs of double-sided laminating paper. I was just using them at work on Thursday. You just open it up, peel out the inside liner, place your paper, lower the top carefully (using a ruler helps to make there aren't any bubbles) and there ya go. They work great and are nice and heavy. There are also single sheets if you only want care about the front. I know those are about $27 for a box of 50 at Office Depot. I have used clear contact paper at home before. That would be the cheap route but, of course, not quite as sturdy as the lamination. Might be good enough for what you want for your charts.

Here's a link to the self-sealer for an example:

http://www.samsclub.com/shopping/navigate.do?dest=5&item=161849

Amazon

Fellowes Mars ML 95 9" Home Laminator

List Price: $64.85

Price: $42.47

Free Shipping

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/31iHDuSC8sL._AA280_.jpg

-------------

QuikFinish Tandem+ PM2000 9" Document Laminator&Thermal Binder Combo Business Machine

List Price: $159.99

Price: $36.58

Free Shipping

# Laminates documents up to 9" wide

# Thermally binds folders with spines from 1/16" (10 pages) to 1/2" (120 pages)

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41B36HXR0VL._AA280_.jpg

You can get packs of double-sided laminating paper. I was just using them at work on Thursday. You just open it up, peel out the inside liner, place your paper, lower the top carefully (using a ruler helps to make there aren't any bubbles) and there ya go. They work great and are nice and heavy. There are also single sheets if you only want care about the front. I know those are about $27 for a box of 50 at Office Depot. I have used clear contact paper at home before. That would be the cheap route but, of course, not quite as sturdy as the lamination. Might be good enough for what you want for your charts.

Here's a link to the self-sealer for an example:

http://www.samsclub.com/shopping/navigate.do?dest=5&item=161849

I haven't ever seen these before. Thanks for showing me. This could work for what I need to laminate.

His school is making him a book and he will get to bring it home once he learns how to use it. I am wanting to make him a visual chart of his daily routine and outings. I am printing pictures on card stock. Do you think the contact paper would work on that? Thanks

His school is making him a book and he will get to bring it home once he learns how to use it. I am wanting to make him a visual chart of his daily routine and outings. I am printing pictures on card stock. Do you think the contact paper would work on that? Thanks

I will tell you my experience.

I also used card stock, I bought those also at Wal-Mart. My printer works fine with them, just make sure you leave them on the printer a bit longer than a normal sheet, to dry.

Then I would cut contact paper about 1 to 1 and a half inch further than the sheet. You cut two of the same size sheets.

Peel the back off one sheet, lay it down. Take the posterboard and lay it face down in the center of the contact paper. The peel the 2nd sheet, and lay it on the back side. Then starting at the middle, using either your hands or a roundish-flat object to push out air bubbles. At the edge of the poster board, I would use my finger nail and seal it. Then I would trim it up.

I use/used these for math & spelling flash cards, printed lists of behavior charts (so they were wipeable), made a Matching game for Jess, all kinds of things.

Sorry for rambling. Off to bed I go.

My DH bought me one of the 3M laminating machines a couple years ago for xmas because I wanted something to laminate important documents and my recipes. I think he got it at Wmart for about 20.00. They also sell the laminating refill sheets for about 5.00. Mine has worked great and I use it all the time!

http://www.lakeside.com/details.asp?I=LYZ&Ntt=laminator&N=36&Nao=0&R=6158&product=9-Laminator-Or-Set-Of-70-Sheets

I bought this laminator for a friend for Christmas, she absolutely loves it. It's pretty affordable and she said it is very easy to use. I also bought her a few packs of refills. She has been laminating EVERYTHING.

Not sure if you're looking, but they also have a binding machine pretty cheap.

What about one of the Xyron machines? They sell them at Michaels and Joanne's and there is always a 40 or 50% coupon for those stores in the Sunday paper. I have two: the 510 which works for sizes up to 5" wide and the 900 which works on sizes up to 9" wide. I've had them for years and my kids use them a lot now for their own school projects.

RobD

It will! I do it all the time. It'll be quite sturdy.

It will! I do it all the time. It'll be quite sturdy.

Thanks! I think I am going to try this first. This may sound a little weird but is contact paper like the stuff you buy to put on your kitchen shelves? If not where to you find it at in the store. Thanks

Thanks! I think I am going to try this first. This may sound a little weird but is contact paper like the stuff you buy to put on your kitchen shelves? If not where to you find it at in the store. Thanks

I believe that is where I found mine at Wal-Mart, near the shelving paper. But make sure you also check their craft section for a possible better deal, or in case its not in the kitchen area.

It was in a roll, the backing paper is white w/some blue drawings/words on it.

HTH And let us know how it works out for you.

I think the contact paper will be fine. I used it to cover a small phone list I keep in my wallet and it is going strong after several years.

FYI - kind of a related subject. I take clear packing tape and fold it over the edges and on seams of folders and envelopes that have to go back and forth to school. They last sooo much longer. The contact paper would work, too, but it seems to be the seams that take the beating so the tape is sufficient to protect those spots.