Big Lots Baby Stuff

Dena Neal

I stopped at Big Lots today to pick up some cleaning supplies and cruised through the baby section to shop for my niece (who is due in May). I noticed a tons of the Target baby items that have been clearanced. I guess the stuff in my area never will go 75% off -- it will go to Big Lots on the salvage truck. There was an Eddie Bauer stroller travel system for $130 -- I think this was actually $229 at Target but I'm not sure -- I just checked their website and could not find it. I also saw lots of the onsies sets. Prices were good but not the 75% price like a was hoping for ....

Baby food is very cheap at Big Lots as well. They have a lot of stage 2 food in Gerner and Beechnut for .25 a jar, Beehnut puffs for 1,00, and Gerber Oatmeal with Bananas (the DHA added kind in the canister) for 1.50. They also had some toddler tubs of microwavabale foods, but I did not check those prices. I have been buying the jarred baby food there for a while, just be sure to check the exp. dates as some expire very soon but others have great dates.

After I read this post I RAN to big lots. It is true...baby food is .25 a jar, Gerber, Beechnut and Natures Choice. The Gerber baby food was mostly meat, and they had some stage 3. The toddler tubs of microwaveable foods are of Pasta Pickups, they were .50 which is AWESOME. At Walmart and Target the pasta pickups are around 1.50 or so. Most of these expiration dates are in April, which is fine because my baby will have these all eaten in less than a month!

I was there tonight and they had the 24 packs of Gerber puffs for 3.00. Exp. dates were April. I was hoping to pick up some 3rd fods, but this store did not have any jars of baby food. They did have some carts of clearance up front with Beechnut oatmeal for .25 a box and some of the table time tubs for .25. The items in the carts were all expiring in February. And, if you are a buzz club member, 20% off your entire purchase starts tomorrow. I got the coupon in my email today!

the only thing you have to watch at Big Lots is the Expiration date...

i got like 20 jars of the baby food, and they expire in less than a month. and the oatmeal with Bananas expires in a month as well.. so please dont stock pile these .. cause in the end your just wasteing your money...

Heather K

If you sign up for their emails now they will send you the buzz club 20% off coupon.

www.biglots.com

Thanks for the heads up. I'm signed up for the Buzz Club but either didn't get the coupon or deleted by accident. I was able to login to their website and print it.

found many of the items mentioned above

my favorite find was Kix cereal (at kroger, usual sale price is 2 boxes at 8 ounces each for $4). at big lots it was 2 boxes at 18 ounces each for $4. before coupon

Can manufacturer coupons be used at Big Lots? I never thought about using coupons there until I saw it mentioned above. Thanks!

the coupon i was referring to was the biglots buzz club member 20% off total purchase coupon. sorry to not be clear

Went to one of my local Big Lots today and they had a sign up for Drugstore Closeouts...well they were 90% off!!! I bought a ton of stuff including:

Leggs pantyhose($4.79) for .48

4 oz. Baby Shampoo($1.59) for .16

Travel size Shave Cream ($1.49) for .15

Travel size Apricot Scrub($1.29) for .13

Dr. Scholls Moleskin Plus($4.49) for .45

Bausch & Lomb rewetting drops($6.39) for .64

Travel size hairspray ($1.99) for .20

Coopertone Sunblock Spray(9.99) for 1.00

Neutrogena Sunblock Spray (10.99) for 1.10

Neutrogena Sunblock Stick (7.99) for .80

Aveeno Sunblock Spray (10.99) for 1.10

Banana Boat Sunblock pump Spray (9.39) for.94

(had my 20% off Coupon so these were actually a little cheaper.)

I also ended up with a pair of boys Wrangler carpenter jeans and cargo style khakis which were $5 but with the coupon they were $4 each and a Graco Booster Carseat for $30 ($24 w/ coupon). There were actually alot of GOOD deals on car seats and boosters if anyone is looking for them. Cosco Proteck Booster was $25 ($20 w/coupon!) Cosco Alpha Elite 3 in 1 Carseat/Booster for $80 ($64 w/ Coupon) were just a few I remember. Also a few different brands of highchairs and strollers/travel systems were priced really cheap. They had a ton of good buys in the Baby Dept. Anyone in the market for baby stuff should definately check it out, with the 20% coupon you can't beat the prices!!!

Went to one of my local Big Lots today and they had a sign up for Drugstore Closeouts...well they were 90% off!!! I bought a ton of stuff including:

Leggs pantyhose($4.79) for .48

4 oz. Baby Shampoo($1.59) for .16

Travel size Shave Cream ($1.49) for .15

Travel size Apricot Scrub($1.29) for .13

Dr. Scholls Moleskin Plus($4.49) for .45

Bausch & Lomb rewetting drops($6.39) for .64

Travel size hairspray ($1.99) for .20

Coopertone Sunblock Spray(9.99) for 1.00

Neutrogena Sunblock Spray (10.99) for 1.10

Neutrogena Sunblock Stick (7.99) for .80

Aveeno Sunblock Spray (10.99) for 1.10

Banana Boat Sunblock pump Spray (9.39) for.94

(had my 20% off Coupon so these were actually a little cheaper.)

I also ended up with a pair of boys Wrangler carpenter jeans and cargo style khakis which were $5 but with the coupon they were $4 each and a Graco Booster Carseat for $30 ($24 w/ coupon). There were actually alot of GOOD deals on car seats and boosters if anyone is looking for them. Cosco Proteck Booster was $25 ($20 w/coupon!) Cosco Alpha Elite 3 in 1 Carseat/Booster for $80 ($64 w/ Coupon) were just a few I remember. Also a few different brands of highchairs and strollers/travel systems were priced really cheap. They had a ton of good buys in the Baby Dept. Anyone in the market for baby stuff should definately check it out, with the 20% coupon you can't beat the prices!!!

Wow! Great deals. My Big Lots Drug Store close outs are only 20% off. I went yesterday and used my 20% off coupon and still spent $259, but I had 3 shopping carts full of stuff.