Rachael Ray Gusto-Grip 8-Piece Knife Set $99.99(orig 249.99) @ Amazon.com

taowyman

:eyepoppin Oh my gosh! I have been waiting for this deal! Have had it in my saved cart and there it is today, marked down 60%! Yeah!!!

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/B000SDXWGS/ref=ord_cart_shr?%5Fencoding=UTF8&m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&v=glance

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41RcXp9ToeL._SS500_.jpg

Füri Rachael Ray Gusto-Grip 8-Piece Birchwood Knife Block Set

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

List Price: $249.99

Price: $99.99 & this item ships for FREE with Super Saver Shipping. Details

You Save: $150.00 (60%)

Availability: In Stock. Ships from and sold by Amazon.com. Gift-wrap available.

Product Features

8-piece set includes birch-wood block and 7 Rachael Ray Gusto-Grip knives

Knives: 3-1/2-inch paring; 5-inch boning; 6-inch serrated utility; 7-inch East/West; 8-inch bread; 8-inch carving; carving fork

Single-piece German stainless-steel construction with forged bolster and strong tang

Bright orange synthetic handles with built-in antimicrobial inhibitors

Tail counterweight for perfect balance; hand-wash; limited lifetime warranty

Can you please tell me what makes it so special from any other over priced block set knives with good grips? I love RR, but I do not see how this orange or any other color rubber grip handle block set that used to be $250 is any better than anything else that might be cheaper than this because you're not paying for her name.

Can you please tell me what makes it so special from any other over priced block set knives with good grips? I love RR, but I do not see how this orange or any other color rubber grip handle block set that used to be $250 is any better than anything else that might be cheaper than this because you're not paying for her name.

I am sure you had the best of intentions with your comment and just meant to say that this is a great deal for the right person-just not for you.

I have to say, I really wish that users on this forum would take a minute to think about what they are writing and how it might be received. I am sure you did not mean to offend anyone even though it could be taken that way based on the comments above.

For me, this was a great deal as I have been looking for these a a reasonable price and this is the BEST price I have found. I was hoping to share this with others that may think this is a great deal too.

If you do not think it is a great deal, you don't have to buy it.

I guess my comment could be taken either way..........and if I had money to spend, I would spend it :) RR has some great ideas, sometimes, and I bought one of them, from Kohls, today :D I was just trying to figure out wether you were into this because its RR's or because its $150 off....either way they look pretty,durable and handy. I do wish I could afford something like that (maybe with this upcoming Tax rebate thing we are all looking forward too). Untill then, I gotta stick with the cheaper ones :( Sorry to offend you.

You make a good point. True, this is a good price. But, the Furi knives are not all that great. They rank pretty low vs. most other knives. You are paying for the "Rachael Ray" name. If you're looking for quality knives, watch for specials on Henkels and Wusthof.

If you like the grips, look at the Oxo Good Grip Professional. These Oxo's rated much better in Consumer Reports ratings, and have very similar style grips. You can also get a much bigger set for less than the sell price on these Furi's.

If you must have everything Rachael Ray, then this is a freakin' good price. Get it!

I was trying to get a price adjustment since the price is low. Unfortunately I received this message:

"Thank you for writing to Amazon.com.

I do understand your concern regarding the price drop of the item and I apologize for any misunderstanding this may have caused.

I have checked your order and found that you have purchased the following item on December 04, 2007.

"Furi Rachael Ray Gusto-Grip 8-Piece Birchwood Block Set"

The discounts we offer on items on our web site do vary from time to time. We regret that we cannot apply our current discounts to orders which have already been shipped.

Please note that, our system doesn't allow us to issue the refund for the price drop of the item which has been shipped more than 30 days from the date of purchase.Please understand our limitations in this regard. "

I know that sometimes calling cs may help. Or do u believe with your experience with amazon that this is a lost cause?? I would be getting $20 refund and that is (I believe) a significant amount...I would really appreciate your input...Thanks!

P.S. Just FYI, the knives totally rock! I love them and they are absolutely beautiful as they go well with the rest of my RR goodies!

I have checked your order and found that you have purchased the following item on December 04, 2007

Please note that, our system doesn't allow us to issue the refund for the price drop of the item which has been shipped more than 30 days from the date of purchase.Please understand our limitations in this regard.

Looks pretty clear to me :no:

I have checked your order and found that you have purchased the following item on December 04, 2007

Please note that, our system doesn't allow us to issue the refund for the price drop of the item which has been shipped more than 30 days from the date of purchase.Please understand our limitations in this regard.

Looks pretty clear to me :no:

Actually, maybe I'm being dense, but it's not so clear to me. Are they saying that they can't issue it for more than 30 days from shipping or purchase? Or are they saying that it was shipped 30 days after the date of purchase? (obviously, I'm being flippant, but that's what it looks like they're saying to me...I would think that they would put more emphasis on grammatical skills for someone typing up CS emails.)

It worth a call to at least point out how cryptic their email is. Just be prepared to be on the phone for awhile.

They are saying they won't refund more than 30 days after the purchase date (on items that were already shipped). They just worded it strangely.

As far as the knives go, it does seem to be a good price on this brand, but I just don't really care for Rachel's orange signature color,,,especially when my kitchen colors are blue and yellow.