Difference: Guitar HeroIII wii -vs- ps2?

fomoco

My sons want Guitar Hero III- they both made honor roll so I want to get it for them. BUT at $100- I want to know what are the differences between the ps 2 version and the wii version? They just got a wii and my thinking is to buy the "newer" one- for the wii but my son insists that his friends are saying there is no diff other than the wireless feature.

HELP!

Have fun finding Guitar Hero for the Wii. I heard they have audio problems with the Wii version. I am waiting until Guitar Hero IV comes out later this year. They are suppose to be sending out an update for the current version to fix the audio problem though.

I think there is some difference in the wii version vs. the ps2 version. But I could be wrong:

Wii - wireless Les Paul guitar, ability to sync your scores on the guitarhero.com site, and online play.

PS2 - wireless Kramer guitar, unable to sync with guitarhero.com, and no online play.

The PS2 does have guitar hero 1 and 2, so once you sons finish guitar hero 3, you can always buy the older ones for more games, but I am sure they will eventually come out for the Wii, since it seems to be selling well.

It was also anounced that the Wii version would have downloadable songs later this year(February-March)

I have the Wii version, and find it a lot of fun. I enjoy playing online because I only have one guitar(they do not sell a separate guitar yet for the wii - coming at the end of January).

and playing with other people is a blast!

Hope this helps

My brother has GH for the 360, and we have it for the Wii.

RIGHT NOW....... I wish had it for the 360 or PS2, ONLY because there are other available versions (Guitar Hero 1&2)for the songs and other guitars are out there.

We are desperately:(waiting the release of the extra guitars for the Wii!!!!! We are also waiting for other songs.;)

Otherwise... for me they guitars themselves are the same during game use. I LOVE wireless:D

I think there is some difference in the wii version vs. the ps2 version. But I could be wrong:

Wii - wireless Les Paul guitar, ability to sync your scores on the guitarhero.com site, and online play.

PS2 - wireless Kramer guitar, unable to sync with guitarhero.com, and no online play.

The PS2 does have guitar hero 1 and 2, so once you sons finish guitar hero 3, you can always buy the older ones for more games, but I am sure they will eventually come out for the Wii, since it seems to be selling well.

It was also anounced that the Wii version would have downloadable songs later this year(February-March)

I have the Wii version, and find it a lot of fun. I enjoy playing online because I only have one guitar(they do not sell a separate guitar yet for the wii - coming at the end of January).

and playing with other people is a blast!

Hope this helps

My DD got wii quitar hero iii for xmas, how does she play online? Any help would be appreciative, point me to a site, explain, anything.. thanks!:confused:

We have GH2 and GH 3 and Rockband for the XBOX 360. Our friends have the Wii version of GH 3 and often complain about the loud guitar string sound when they play because the controller of the Wii slips into the grooves on the front of the guitar, it's much louder and irritating when you miss notes. They seem to like our X360 version guitars better.Also there's no online play for the Wii against others online, and no extra guitars to buy yet. We bought my nephew a GH2 for his PS2 and he loves it! There's extra guitars available, and they've already gotton him an extra for his friends to play together. That's the thing, once you start playing you don't want to share! At least w/ 2 guitars you can both play nicely! Also am not sure if he can play online, as he doesn't have the Broadband capabilities...but another thing to check. Like I said we have them all for the XBOX 360, and also play online!

OH...and one more note, you should buy from somewhere like Best Buy, and get the extended warranty, it's good for 2 extra years, and if you have any problem, box it up and exchange it! There are known guitar issues, so it makes it well worth the extra $20.00 bucks for the extended warranty. Good luck and have fun!

The differences between the Wii and PS2 version of Guitar Hero III are not abundant, nor are they immediately apparently by looking at the back of the box in the store.

The graphics are pretty much the same on each version, which is to say, a little worse off than the Xbox360/PS3 version. Hardly noticeably however, as you'll be concentrating on the scrolling notes instead.

The Wii's guitar using the Wii Remote for all of it's wireless, rumble, and tilt features. This keeps you from having to power an extra device and eat through that many more batteries. The Wii remote also emits a "miss" noise from the speaker in the remote. I find that it adds a bit of depth to the game, but if you find it bothersome it's a trivial task to turn the speaker down or off through the Wii menu. The Wii's guitar in general feels a lot sturdier and doesn't seem to suffer from any of the problems that the other version have reported on occasion (such as limp strum and whammy bars). Seperate guitars are currently not available for the Wii, but should be out in the next few weeks, if the stores are to be believed.

The Wii has online capabilities and has since launch. Friend codes are required, but it's not as big of a deal as many try to make it seem. Furthermore, the Wii will supposedly be getting additional downloadable songs to play in the coming months, just like the Xbox360/PS3 versions have.

Some of the early runs of the Wii version do suffer from only having mono sound. If you get a disc like this, it's easy enough to contact Activision for a replacement. New discs are beginning to ship now-ish, I believe.

In the end, if you have a choice, I'd say go with the Wii. The only thing you're really going to gain with the PS2 version is the ability to use your guitar controller with previous installments of the franchise, and maybe the super-gimped version of Rock Band that was recently released on the system. The Wii has many more exciting features however, and will prove to be infinitely more future-proof.

My sons want Guitar Hero III- they both made honor roll so I want to get it for them. BUT at $100- I want to know what are the differences between the ps 2 version and the wii version? They just got a wii and my thinking is to buy the "newer" one- for the wii but my son insists that his friends are saying there is no diff other than the wireless feature.

HELP!

and your son is right!