Does Meijer's ever go to 90% off?

thearmstrongs

Meijer has not been a good on their Clearance pricing of anything for about 6 months. I actually pass it by now. It took forever for Summer/Garden to go past 50 % and I kid you not, our Meijer STILL has a complete row at 50% off. I have even scanned to see if there is a mistake, but truly just 50% off.

i understand why tho...meijer is huge (sq ft of sales floor) compared to walmart and such..so they have the room to store it on teh sales floor...as they can sell the stuff year-long...but, they do run promotions sporadically for additional 10, 20, 25, even 50% off clearance items...

The store by me is still at 50%, I know last year they did take the Christmas lights to 75%, I don't ever recall them doing 90% but perhaps it does depend on having the room to store it. My store has 2 rows for all clearance stuff, it still has lawn and garden stuff at 50% off.

Our store sometimes has the coupons for an extra 20% off-that is when I find you can get really good deals. Last year they had a Sunbeam Heritage Mixmaster that retails for about 125. and I got it for 25.

Meijers in Kokomo, IN is 90% off but the totes are not. They had a ton of totes that were $5 marked down to $3, anyone know if these will go lower? Anyone else finding their Meijers never have the ad items in stock...went to get the 10 for 10 deals and could not find over half of it in stock and no one seemed to know when they would be getting more. Easy rain checks, but that is not going to help when my coupons are exp.!

Ours went 90% off too. I don't ever remember them doing that before. Nothing there when I found out and I stop in almost every day because it is right across from where I work and I'm always having to stop for something or other. Oh well, maybe next year.

The Meijers in South Elgin, has trees, and wrapping stuff, stockings, and ornaments at 90% off. I was there yesterday.

PLUS they had those coupons all over the place take and extra 30% clearence.

I got 4 beautiful stocking with beading and details. they were $8.00 each ($32.00)... got 90% off then additional 30% off of each....so it made them about $0.55 each ($1.10) TOTAL:eyepoppin...LOL it was great!!!!

They have TONS of clearence....clothing toys, housewear... all marked down and then an extra 30%......coupons for 30% are good until 1/17/08

The Meijers in South Elgin, has trees, and wrapping stuff, stockings, and ornaments at 90% off. I was there yesterday.

PLUS they had those coupons all over the place take and extra 30% clearence.

I got 4 beautiful stocking with beading and details. they were $8.00 each ($32.00)... got 90% off then additional 30% off of each....so it made them about $0.55 each ($1.10) TOTAL:eyepoppin...LOL it was great!!!!

They have TONS of clearence....clothing toys, housewear... all marked down and then an extra 30%......coupons for 30% are good until 1/17/08

Here in MI the coupons are for 10%:( and all that's left in the 90% isle is dust...I missed it all, and DD's friend even told us ahead what day, but I forgot about it!

Guest kesmestin
It seams like it takes them forever to discount compared to other stores, but I really like Meijers and will keep my eye opened for the 90% off.

I was in buying greeting cards and walked past some of the clearance shelves (they have clearance in every area of the store...what a mess) and saw a Woodstock (the bird from Peanuts) ornament. It was priced at $15. I scanned it and it came up 1.50. Then I saw one of those men's grooming kits that was originally $9.99. I scanned it and it came up full price. I took it to the cashier and asked if it shouldn't be Christmas clearance since it was wrapped in red and green paper. She thought not because it (meaning the kit) "could be used year round". I said "but it is wrapped in Christmas paper, would you check with a manager?". Luckily, I was at a register right across from the service desk. They said to give it to me at the clearance price. She said "how much should it be discounted?" and I said "well the ornament came up 90% off so I guess 90%". Got it for .99. Yeah for me!

Was reading this thread just because we ( The Boss and I) miss shopping at "Thrifty Acears" so much. Hometown is Brighton, MI and used to live in Ann Arbor too. Wish they would just strech out a little more out west, the closest one is like 3 hours away.:(

Sorry, I can't find a spell check here, is there one?