Can you believe Christmas is less than a week?

onecutemoocow

I am almost done shopping and I have everything already wrapped that I have. Baking is another story. I am just not in the mood to do it. Now I just found out that I may have the Christmas Eve get together at my house this year. It's getting to the point where my Mom doesn't have the room anymore. I will have 22 people at my house. My Mom is worried that I will have too much to do. I said not to worry that I thrive on this stuff. I love to have get-togethers at my house. I get too stressed at my Mom's because she don't have things organized. I have to have everything in order when it comes to the buffet and where things should be placed and so forth. If it's not it will drive me insane.

I know!! :)

I'm done Christmas shopping and wrapping. We've already done our baking. We're having Christmas Eve dinner at my aunt's house and we're bringing a bottle of wine, nothing else. So my family is basically done with everything. It's nice being able to relax and not having to worry over little things that must be done before Christmas.

I actually work in a grocery store and it's going to be super busy over the next few days. I'm sure I'll be thrilled when Christmas rolls around because that means it'll start to die down.

My shopping is pretty much done. I'm just waiting on some calendars to get done, and I'm thinking they'll probably be late for a couple people that I have to mail them too. I haven't baked anything yet, and don't even know what I'm making for Christmas dinner. With all our food allergies, it's hard to find things all of us can eat. Honestly, I'm just looking forward to the kids getting done with school this week and enjoying the time we'll all have together. For once, my dh is having a decent amount of time off--and that doesn't happen often.

I thought I was done till half my shipments for DH wont be in till after xmas. :(

But he's a big boy and he'll have to be okay with a picture of the item.

Baking I'm half way done. Got most of the cookies out of the way, just have to do the bigger stuff that use the pans.

wrapping, I"m about 3/4 done.

I have a few more people to shope for, have almost everything wrapped, and I haven't even started with any of my holiday baking. Hell, I still need to finish making my stocking for this year, lol. I have to do some rearranging of my sons' room to make sure that their gift will fit in there. We got them a huge Thomas the Train tent with Annie and Clarabel coaches. They are huge, lol!

Wrapping... Check

Shopping... Check

Baking... maybe I just wont this year

Ive wrapped all the presents except one that i need to get something for. Ive finished shopping as long as i stay away from the amazon thread and keep looking at my bank account. I havent started baking this year. Im not quite sure who I have to bake for though. With amazon's prices i wound up buying most stuff. Ive already promised myself that Im not going to go into any stores before christmas. If I forgot someone theyre getting soap! (i make soap)

well im almost done with shopping, wrapping is done, buttt now the decorating and baking.. and food shopping uhhhhgg not to mention cleaning before hand uhhhggg played hookie two days now to get things done and i have done nothing grrrr,,and yes i know its 5 days before as my ds keeps telling me lol

I'm almost done with shopping (just need a few more stocking stuffers), mostly done with wrapping and almost done with baking. Since it's just the three of us, I don't have to bake too much (thank goodness!)

All of the presents for our family have been bought, wrapped and shipped! So no worries there.

I am not baking this year.... because some of our guests are just rude, I can't eat sugar, DH isn't supposed to eat sugar, and we are both on strict diets so no goodies unless someone brings them to the pitch in dinner on Sunday.

Shopping/wrapping are done.

Just need to pick up a couple of food items for the dinner.

The only 2 bad things left are a toss up which is worse:

1. Cleaning the house for the get togethers

2. Getting my MIL to answer me about where/when/and what to do for her Christmas on Saturday.

So if I don't get an answer from MIL does that mean I am excused????:rolleyes:

My 5 year old son woke me up his morning telling me six more days until Christmas and 5 more days until we can open a present (we're opening one gift on Christmas eve. It was cute. I'm done shopping and done wrapping. I have a couple of things still being mailed, but I will wrap them up quickly.

I've done sooooo much baking this year. We had my all of my out of state inlaws for a weekend of eating and celebrating. My dd had her Keepers of the Faith Christmas party/potluck and last night we had about 50 friends over (I think 32 were kids) Crazy crazy fun!! I slept late today and then cleaned house and then felt deep relief that I'm done with parties. Well until New Years Eve, but we'll see about that. I'm thinking of just ordering pizza on Christmas now :)

I am finished shopping for the most part but will definitely be staying up late to wrap the gazzillion presents that I need to wrap as I am a procrastinator. Most of them are for this weekend with my mom's side of the family. I have to also go food shopping. We are having Christmas Eve dinner at my MIL house and I am bringing some finger food items. I also need to get those presents wrapped as well. I am taking it one day at a time and can bribe my oldest son (12) to help me if needed. He loves to cook and wrap. GO FIGURE - He is a nut.

Cards are sent out.

Packages that were needed to be sent were sent!

All items except those I have yet to receive (two, I think?) are wrapped.

3/4 of stocking stuffers are bought.

And this Christmas I am not baking. Instead, a friend who works at a bakery is bringing me 3 dozen cookies to take to my Dad's and then my IL's. LOL. :)

I belive I am done shopping. I just need to check DH's stocking, to see if I need to pick up anything else. All the packages were shipped last week and have all arrived safe and sound. 95% of the gifts are wrapped. I didn't get to decorate like I wanted to. We've had high winds and when it wasn't windy we had ice and snow and I couldn't get in to the garage where my decorations are. Soo frustrating. I need to run to the post office to send out a pair of running shoes to my brother in Iraq. He emailed that his shoes were wearing down, so I went to the running store where he got them and pick up another pair for him.

I Love the Holidays! Soo much to do, soo much fun to have. Soo much to celebrate!!!

Happy Holidays!!!!!!!!!!!!

No, I can't believe it!!!! I have been subbing a ton over the last couple of weeks and with DH deployed, it's extra hard getting everything done. I had the inside of my house done the weekend after Thanksgiving. So at least that was done super earlly!! I haven't wrapped one single thing yet. :eyepoppin Yesterday I had planned to try to get a good portion of my wrapping done after my hair appointment at 9, but when I walked in the door, the phone was ringing and they needed me to come in to sub..........so needless to say, I went to work and didn't get anything wrapped. Funny thing was that Tuesday after I got home from school, I made like a gazillion cookies with my kids again. I then got up yesterday morning before the kids had to and made a Danish Puff so that I could drop them off at school for the office staff. Maybe had I not been so busy, I wouldn't have gotten called in????:cheesy: I still have 2 more gifts to get and the one I have no idea what to do. I guess this weekend I will figure out something.:cheesy:

I took yesterday off work at the last second. The amount of stuff I still had to do was getting overwhelming.

Anyhow, other than stocking stuffers for my husband, I'm done w/ all my gift shopping. I already know what I'm getting for his stocking, and it's 1 stop shopping on that. I'll be doing it tomorrow after work.

I am about 65% wrapped on the gifts. I will tackle a little more tonight because I have to wrap my work exchange gift for tomorrow anyhow. We're celebrating w/ my immediate family on Saturday, and I do have all of there gifts wrapped. So, whatever I don't get to tonight will get done Sunday or Monday morning.

Cleaning--- that will get done tonight or tomorrow night. I really like the house to have an extreme thorough cleaning for the holiday. Funny because I asked dh last night which night he was going to do the rest of his shopping, because that is when I'll tackle the cleaning for a few hours so that get's done. I like to do it when nobody is home.

Baking--- Every night I say I'm going to make some cookies. Yet, I don't. So, I honestly can say I'm not sure we will this year. I have to make a cheesecake tomorrow for my sisters on saturday- but that might be it.

i still have some stocking stuffers to get....guess i better get busy.

I baked 8 dozen cookies yesterday for a cookie exchange at work. :D That's all my baking.

I still need to get from my MIL and BIL

I think BIL is getting a messenger bag and supplies (he is going back to school in Jan)

MIL- dunno