Idea for DH's "main" gift.. help?

alimfp

After going round and round with Buy.com about a Zune I ordered (and told DH about finally, as it was so irritating to me) for HIM.. I gave up on Buy.com and went to Amazon and ordered one.

Being DH knew about the Zune, since I knew a week or two ago we wouldn't get it based on Buy.com's BS replies to me. DH knows he was going to get one, and then found out of course he wouldn't be getting one. I also told him because he almost bought one on Black Friday and I decided to just tell him after that why I talked him out of it.

Anyway, he's not expecting one now, to say the least. So Amazon is delivering the one on Friday. ;)

I am going to head to Best Buy or similar for a Zune accessory (probably a screen protector). I thought about putting the accessory in his stocking, since we go through stockings on Christmas morning first. He'd probably question it and ask if it was something I got before I realized Buy.com wasn't sending the one I bought. ;)

Or does someone have a better idea? No matter what this will be a surprise to him but I want to confuse him a bit, if at all possible. :P

After going round and round with Buy.com about a Zune I ordered (and told DH about finally, as it was so irritating to me) for HIM.. I gave up on Buy.com and went to Amazon and ordered one.

Being DH knew about the Zune, since I knew a week or two ago we wouldn't get it based on Buy.com's BS replies to me. DH knows he was going to get one, and then found out of course he wouldn't be getting one. I also told him because he almost bought one on Black Friday and I decided to just tell him after that why I talked him out of it.

Anyway, he's not expecting one now, to say the least. So Amazon is delivering the one on Friday. ;)

I am going to head to Best Buy or similar for a Zune accessory (probably a screen protector). I thought about putting the accessory in his stocking, since we go through stockings on Christmas morning first. He'd probably question it and ask if it was something I got before I realized Buy.com wasn't sending the one I bought. ;)

Or does someone have a better idea? No matter what this will be a surprise to him but I want to confuse him a bit, if at all possible. :P

Very Very Sneaky!! I would do that but I would also get him another gift in the same type of packaging to fool him to put under the tree, put the zune where it will be the last gift of the day.

Oooh, good ideas!!

Funny thing is, I got him a gift that is the same size as the Zune box (I've seen the Zune packaging at Best Buy). It is wrapped, but he hasn't seen it yet. ;)

I'll have to find a HUGE box and put the Zune in there. I still have printer paper I can put in the bottom to weigh it down as well. :D

I have a similar problem! My hubby really wanted one - and I WAS going to get it but he was so SURE I wouldn't be able to find one that he ordered it himself. That alone made me mad because I always get the great stuff!! So now his big gift will not really be a thrill for him to open - or for me to give. So I ended up wrapping up the earphones to put in his stocking and the other cord that it come with for the stocking. The Zune is just in the little sude bag in a big box from Amazon packed with tissue paper. All the tissue is white except for the Zune is wrapped in red so it didn't get tossed aside because it's so light! This way at least he won't know what's in the box when he grabs it and it will be a little bit of mystery as the box is about 14 inches square.

When he opens the screen protectors with his stocking stuff. You can say "Oops I forgot those were in there. I bought those a month ago. I guess we have to return them now.":D

or

How about adding a box of candy. I put a box of JuJuBe's candy with a gift for my Dad, so when he picks it up, it'll sound like a big box of candy. The JuJuBe's are soo noisy!

Merry Christmas!