Do you want to know NOW or prefer to wait? What about SO? (gifts)

alimfp

My DH is like a child when it comes to Christmas. He knows he has presents and told me the other day that I'd better wrap them before he peeked. He's that bad. :rolleyes::eyepoppin I promptly wrapped his. ;) He's still asking if I'll give hints. I rec'd one gift the other day for him and he knew from the UPS label that it weighed nine pounds. So now he tells me daily what may weigh around nine pounds that he wants.. :rolleyes:

On the other hand, I can and prefer to wait. DH has put my gifts in the closet in our office. A place I never look for anything as it's all of his computer stuff. He came home the other night from work and looked to see if anything was moved. I told him, I don't want to know. In fact, he left a receipt out near his wallet last night. He saw it and knew I'd probably seen it, I told him I hadn't looked because I DON'T WANT TO KNOW! He was taking offense at this, thinking I meant that I thought he got me crappy gifts. No, I just really don't want to know until we open gifts on Christmas morning.

In fact, this weekend DH asked if he could give me one gift now as he thinks I'll just love it. I told him I want to wait. :yup:

So what are you like when it comes to this? What about SO, if you have one?

My husband is also worse than the kids. He HAS to know every present under the tree and asks and talks about it EVERY day.

I know all my presents because I buy all of my own. I tell DH what I want but he never does go out and buy them. I just buy what I want, wrap them, and put them with the other gifts. It is funny to see the look in his face when he sees everything he bought me, LMAO!!

My DH is like a child when it comes to Christmas. He knows he has presents and told me the other day that I'd better wrap them before he peeked. He's that bad. :rolleyes::eyepoppin I promptly wrapped his. ;) He's still asking if I'll give hints. I rec'd one gift the other day for him and he knew from the UPS label that it weighed nine pounds. So now he tells me daily what may weigh around nine pounds that he wants.. :rolleyes:

On the other hand, I can and prefer to wait. DH has put my gifts in the closet in our office. A place I never look for anything as it's all of his computer stuff. He came home the other night from work and looked to see if anything was moved. I told him, I don't want to know. In fact, he left a receipt out near his wallet last night. He saw it and knew I'd probably seen it, I told him I hadn't looked because I DON'T WANT TO KNOW! He was taking offense at this, thinking I meant that I thought he got me crappy gifts. No, I just really don't want to know until we open gifts on Christmas morning.

In fact, this weekend DH asked if he could give me one gift now as he thinks I'll just love it. I told him I want to wait. :yup:

So what are you like when it comes to this? What about SO, if you have one?

OMG My Husband is the exact same way!:yup: This morning he said "Kim, you should put my presents on the sofa so I can look at them and approve them":D When I had a gift for him in the trunk of the car he said. "I will get that for you, you must be tired from shopping" and when a package arrived from UPS the other day he said. "Whats in the box?, can I see whats in the box? Where did the box come from? Do you need help carrying the box?" He said this in one sentence with a great big smile on his face. And the box that he "offered to carry" weighed maybe 2lbs. :sidesplit

I enjoy shopping for him and he has fun shopping for me too. So he keeps saying to me "I know what you're getting for Christmas" He is very silly and he's all mine!:D

I love surprises, so I can wait, but I love to give hints to the kids (I make it so bizare that they never guess). Dh has stopped celebrating Christmas so he does not get us anything and I do not get him anything. I told one of my Ds's tonight that I might need help wrapping and he said that he charged 10 an hour. I told him I could return some of his gifts to cover the cost:D

My DH will wait- but there's usually a twinkle in his eye when he see's the first few under the tree. I only put a few to each of us under the tree until Christmas Eve. 2 reason's-- #1 I want the amount, sizes, ect to be a suprise. #2-- I have this huge anxiety/paranoia that someone will break into our home right before Christmas and steal all the gifts-- so I hide the really good one's in some really odd places.

As for me-- I've gotten better. I used to be really bad w/ wanting to know.

Actually we've been together 10 yrs. Up until just 3-4 yrs ago we used to exchange- go buy more-- exchange-- go buy more-- and do this until we were broke.

The year it changed was the year we weren't going to exchange. We had no extra money after our son and family gifts. Then on 12/23 we received a nice, unexpected check. So we went hog wild shopping all day. Since it was so close we waited until Christmas morning. It was really nice to have gifts that day, so we've waited the last few years.

Sometimes dh is like a kid when it comes to opening gifts but the only thing that I have to hide is the receipt because he keeps looking at them and going is this for me or whos that for..lol.then he was SO excited about a dvd that I got .but little does he know that I have only gotten him one thing and that wasn't it..oops..I'm hoping that I can get him done this weekend too but it might be hard with him with me! ..

Yes !! You have to hide receipts! And any lists you've made, from the kids and hubby! And any boxes from online ordering. The older the kids get, the harder. I pick a wraping paper for each of my kids, (3) and hubby. I don't put names on the gifts, and I always wrap obvious gifts in different containers. My kids try to fiqure out who's is who's. It gets fun, Teddy bear wrapping for the 12 year old, (the whole time he's thinking those are the 2 year olds gifts, and so on! It drives my family crazy...And I LOVE every minute of it!!:tongue1:

I already know my gift this year.. Only because it was on sale around BF. I got my video camera I've been wanting. So problem knowing what I got... Now my husband got a $100 GC from this work so he told me hes wrapping it up for me so I would have an actual gift to open up from him Haha.

Don't know my kids gifts to me though. I like to be surprised with that. My husband took them out and already wrapped them.

i love to surprise others. love it love it! as for me, i will not snoop. i'm torn, becuase i'm really curious and excited and impatient. but i can't stop myself if something is out like a reciept. luckily my dh is really good about putting things up.

My DH can and does wait with no problems!:mad:

But me??! Well I have a tad bit of a harder:cool: OK OK I hate waiting :yuck:

Just a few days ago I popped into his store and went into his office to drop his cell phone off that he had forgot at home. I simply put it on the desk and left :yup:, well he came RUNNING at me, What did I see, where did I put it, :eyepoppin why did I not just give it to him (he is not supposed to have it on but leaves it on silent and I text him once in a while)

I did not know until then that he got me something but now I am :gdparanoid: when did you get it, what store did you get it from, does it weigh this or that, is it made out of this or that, does it have these colors:cheesy: OMG it is killing me not knowing!!!!!

Then DS now 16, birthday was a few days ago, well the weekend before we got gifts for his b-day and Christmas. We promptly came home and opened all of them, well except DH 'cause we did not want to get caught :o and then tapped them back up. Uhh, :fluffy: now I look at them and can not wait to open them so we can use them!!

I know, bad, bad Mommy!!

So in short, I want to know NOW and DH could wait until next Christmas to open them!!:no:

Yes !! You have to hide receipts! And any lists you've made, from the kids and hubby! And any boxes from online ordering. The older the kids get, the harder. I pick a wraping paper for each of my kids, (3) and hubby. I don't put names on the gifts, and I always wrap obvious gifts in different containers. My kids try to fiqure out who's is who's. It gets fun, Teddy bear wrapping for the 12 year old, (the whole time he's thinking those are the 2 year olds gifts, and so on! It drives my family crazy...And I LOVE every minute of it!!:tongue1:

I did that this year. I wrapped my ds and dd in a special wrapping paper, hers is ornaments and his is santas but I didn't put names on them. She is 11 and doesn't believe so I did not want her to try and guess when the gifts were under the tree Christmas morning if she got up before me. Ds is only 2 so wouldn't know the difference, he just likes presents

I usually wait for my hubby to give me my gift but he wanted me to open mine yesterday because he wanted me to be able to have it for our family get together this weekend.

He got me a new digital camera and I love it! It takes way better pictures than my old one!

My hubby doesn't care one way or the other if he waits to get his or if I give it to him early.

My husband drives me nuts.

He is SO good about sneaking out and buying something...but then he (is a good boy) and puts his receipts in the receipt box for whoever does the receipts in quicken next before paying bills. So Yesterday, I grabbed the receipts, started putting them in, and read one (I TRULY wasn't trying to "find anything out"), but I saw that he purchased a 16 piece set of glasses. Well---there went MY surprise. I didn't even know he had bought anything yet.

Then I was trying to find my mom's present under my tree, (to add in more), and saw a big box roughly the size of a 16 piece glasses set :o ---and was sad that I knew what it was.

I won't tell him, because he'd feel bad, but WHAT A DORK, huh? WHY would he leave the receipt there for all to see?!?!??!?!?!?

I hide mine, and if I need to use a credit card, I wait until like 2 weeks before Christmas so that it wouldn't even show up on any credit card statements until AFTER Christmas. I try to think those thing through.

Oh well...I wouldn't have thought of a set of glasses for Christmas, but he's right. I think we are down to 3 tall ones and 2 short ones. The cupboard was getting bare, but I have my 12-12 days of christmas glasses in there now, so that's cool that he remembered about the lack of our everyday glasses!!!!

My dh is the worst at keeping my presents a secret. He went shopping today for me and cam home and handed me a little box to open right away. I said no that I wanted to wait for Christmas. He made me open it anyway. He said it was a 'just because' gift and that I had to open it. He got me a pretty ring.

I like to be surprised on Christmas. DH on the other hand, is the worst! Even though he doesn't snoop, he likes to count his presents under the tree and gives presents early (and call them "family presents").

I can never help smiling though ... I'd rather marry a Big-kid than a Scrooge

I prefer to wait. My dh has often told me or let me find out what my gift was before Christmas/birthday, and I don't enjoy that. Last year, my gift came to the door with the picture on the box--so it's not like he does it on purpose, he just doesn't realize to check "gift" when he's ordering---or he tells me 2-3 weeks before my birthday what he would like to do. I'm not complaining, but I'd rather wait for the day. I prefer to keep people waiting too. It's absolutely driving my dd11 crazy right now, as she's SO hoping for a DS, and she's pretty sure there is one present that could be it. Torture is wonderful! ;)