Good deals on toys for boys?

Okay, so last night I got designated to help with buying toys for a community Christmas party. The budget for the boys (ages 1-17) is around $145 and I have to try to get at least 40 toys, but more than that is even better (the ideal amount would be between 50-70).

If I had been informed a little more in advance, I could have taken advantage of the Amazon or KBtoys online sales, but I have to have these items in hand by at least Saturday. So does anyone know of some places having awesome sales on random toys in the next week? I'll probably go out tomorrow and see what I can get, but you guys need to help me out!

Any help at all is appreciated. :)

I had forgotten about Big Lots. I might be near one later in the week, so it'd be worth checking out to see if I could find some things. Unfortunately there aren't any TRU stores close by, but I'll try to hit Tuesday Morning tomorrow since there's a Dollar General right beside it. I don't even think I've ever been in a TM before though. I'll definitely be hitting every Dollar Tree that I run across and possibly Family Dollar and Dollar General, as well.

don't suppose you know anyone with an Amazon Prime membership that would let you use it for some of the 1 & 2 $$ action figures...

Unfortunately, I don't. If I ordered from Amazon more often, I'd get a Prime account myself, but I don't order enough (and I'm patient enough to wait on super saver shipping) for it to be worth it for me. :\

I don't know if you have a HOBO by you, but they have toys buy 2 get one free. I bought some for toys for tots. Price ranges from $4-$50. They had remote control cars, Mr. Potato Heads, Bath toys, robots, transformer like toys, bratz (for girls of course), etc. Not a huge selection, but some good deals none the less.

They're definitely going to be hard to buy for. I had thought about maybe some of those hand held games (poker, fishing, etc) if I can find any on sale or that are within the budget. If I had a slightly higher budget DVDs would have been a great idea for the teens.

I'm not even sure what else I should look for though.

They're definitely going to be hard to buy for. I had thought about maybe some of those hand held games (poker, fishing, etc) if I can find any on sale or that are within the budget. If I had a slightly higher budget DVDs would have been a great idea for the teens.

I'm not even sure what else I should look for though.

Don't know about anyone else but candy is always a big hit with my teen boys :D

Thanks for your suggestions everyone! :)

I went out today and hit KB Toys, Kmart, Tuesday Morning, Dollar General, Family Dollar, and Walmart. I managed to get around 30 toys and spent $99.56, so I think I'm doing well on the budget for the most part.

I managed to get a few hand held games that I found on sale at Kmart for under $3.50 and a couple of footballs and basketballs for some of the teens. I think those will go over nice, at least. The majority of the things I bought today came from Tuesday Morning though (thanks nikkilugi!).

Tomorrow I'll be going back out and hopefully I'll be able to hit another Kmart, Walmart, Family Dollar, and a Dollar Tree (possibly another Dollar General and Big Lots, too). I feel like I'm doing fairly well with what budget I had though. If I feel that I need to grab a few more things than the budget allows, I might spend a bit of my own money. It's definitely worth it for this Christmas party. :)

Thanks again for your suggestions everyone.

Sometimes Walgreens has Buy 2 get 1 free on their toys and they are not too expensive. Another possibility is flea markets, in the area where I live at the flea markets, they have sections with brand new items and I picked up Uno cards for $1, for little kids a dish set with cup, bowl and plate with characters on them for $1 set. I picked up Diego dishes for my 2 year old ds who loves Diego. Also Kmart also has at least 80% backpacks at my store so a few weeks ago I got a Diego backpack for $3 and I have heard of some Kmarts having backpacks for $1 on clearance. HTH

Sounds like you are doing good! who is the party for? Is there anyone else who can chip in a buck or 2 a piece? get 20 people to each give you a dollar or 2... equals LOTS more presents at this rate!

Thanks for your suggestions everyone! :)

I went out today and hit KB Toys, Kmart, Tuesday Morning, Dollar General, Family Dollar, and Walmart. I managed to get around 30 toys and spent $99.56, so I think I'm doing well on the budget for the most part.

I managed to get a few hand held games that I found on sale at Kmart for under $3.50 and a couple of footballs and basketballs for some of the teens. I think those will go over nice, at least. The majority of the things I bought today came from Tuesday Morning though (thanks nikkilugi!).

Tomorrow I'll be going back out and hopefully I'll be able to hit another Kmart, Walmart, Family Dollar, and a Dollar Tree (possibly another Dollar General and Big Lots, too). I feel like I'm doing fairly well with what budget I had though. If I feel that I need to grab a few more things than the budget allows, I might spend a bit of my own money. It's definitely worth it for this Christmas party. :)

Thanks again for your suggestions everyone.