Wii question ... recommendations?

kim_r4

We have Mario galaxy and it is very fun plus Mario Party 8 is a must. You do not have to have it hooked up to the internet. That's only for downloading games and weather and news info. Ours is not hooked up to the internet and it works fine. Also the Wii Play is fun, I love the cow racing! :D

That's good news! I can hook everything up just fine, I've just never dealt with wireless for internet or the like. I'm looking forward to my kids getting off of there booties to play the video games instead of just their thumbs getting a workout on the Xbox or PS2. And...I cannot wait to be able to play a new Zelda game!!! :tongue1:

Okay, now another question...my son & I were arguing in the car about this one. I know the Wii will play GameCube games. We were arguing about getting the right controller and whether or not it would have to be a wireless controller (as the Wi remotes are wireless) and if there was a wireless GameCube controller. Anyone know?? :confused:

That's good news! I can hook everything up just fine, I've just never dealt with wireless for internet or the like. I'm looking forward to my kids getting off of there booties to play the video games instead of just their thumbs getting a workout on the Xbox or PS2. And...I cannot wait to be able to play a new Zelda game!!! :tongue1:

Okay, now another question...my son & I were arguing in the car about this one. I know the Wii will play GameCube games. We were arguing about getting the right controller and whether or not it would have to be a wireless controller (as the Wi remotes are wireless) and if there was a wireless GameCube controller. Anyone know?? :confused:

you will need internet access however, to download the updates for the system.

there are wireless gamecube controllers that you MIGHT be able to find somewhere, but the regular (cabled) GC controllers plug into the back of the wii. wireless controllers are not a requirement - just nice so that you're not tethered to the system.

there are wireless gamecube controllers that you MIGHT be able to find somewhere, but the regular (cabled) GC controllers plug into the back of the wii. wireless controllers are not a requirement - just nice so that you're not tethered to the system.

Wavebirds (Nintendo's wireless GC controllers) can still be found at WalMarts (platinum color only). They run about $35. You have to give up the rumble effects, but if that isn't a problem, you get a controller that gives you more freedom.

I finished playing Zelda TP for the GC a few months ago. Great game on the GC, but I can see from it how certain things on the Wii version would be so much better.

We have a wireless router but I don't think the wii it on it yet. I will have to try and figure out that one. Heck, only took me a little over 2 days to figure out how to get the laptop on the wireless network (silly blue laptop button, boy did I feel dumb).

We are having an interesting "problem". It seems that when the wii is being played with the wireless remotes, our cordless phone does strange things. Also our eletronic washing machine starts to beep and the button on the control panel start to flash. Go figure.

Wavebirds (Nintendo's wireless GC controllers) can still be found at WalMarts (platinum color only). They run about $35. You have to give up the rumble effects, but if that isn't a problem, you get a controller that gives you more freedom.

I finished playing Zelda TP for the GC a few months ago. Great game on the GC, but I can see from it how certain things on the Wii version would be so much better.

My kids love to play Gamecube games on the Wii, that is one system they never got. If you have a Ross near you, sometimes they have Gamecube controllers really cheap. They are about $8 for corded and $13 for wireless. Usually near the mens department with the headphones, etc.

Also, you need to know if they are playing Gamecube games on the Wii you need a Gamecube memory card. The Wii one does not save it.

I'm going to download a couple of the older games. So I bought the classic controller for the Wii, but it only comes "wired" no wireless...how annoying! Anyone know if they plan to come out with a wireless one? The gamecube controllers aren't really an option b/c I think the buttons are in the wrong places for older games.

I'm going to download a couple of the older games. So I bought the classic controller for the Wii, but it only comes "wired" no wireless...how annoying! Anyone know if they plan to come out with a wireless one? The gamecube controllers aren't really an option b/c I think the buttons are in the wrong places for older games.

well it's not so bad because the "classic controllers" plug into the wii remote, so i just put the wiimote next to me and play with the classic controller. i haven't bought GC controllers because they're just... bulky for me. i really like the old classic SNES controllers.

i think we've downloaded about 10 games. FINALLY they released super mario bros 3, so we've been playing that!

well it's not so bad because the "classic controllers" plug into the wii remote, so i just put the wiimote next to me and play with the classic controller. i haven't bought GC controllers because they're just... bulky for me. i really like the old classic SNES controllers.

i think we've downloaded about 10 games. FINALLY they released super mario bros 3, so we've been playing that!

Ah-Ha! Thanks - I didn't even think about it working that way. :)

The Bigs is good for older kids too. Anyone try Madden for Wii?

My son has been a Madden fan, gets one every year. This year we got him Madden 08 for the wii, and he doesn't care for it. He says the graphics are bad, the controls aren't great, he was dissapointed in it.

My son has been a Madden fan, gets one every year. This year we got him Madden 08 for the wii, and he doesn't care for it. He says the graphics are bad, the controls aren't great, he was dissapointed in it.

My 13 year old has a few of the other ones and he doesnt like this one as much

We got a wii for christmas and wii play with the extra remote, question about the remote inside, can we get a plastic skin for it from nintendo? , it comes with the covers but not the skins that are supposed to ship with the actual game. We love it already, will have to get another nunchuck to play tennis and boxing.

We got a wii for christmas and wii play with the extra remote, question about the remote inside, can we get a plastic skin for it from nintendo? , it comes with the covers but not the skins that are supposed to ship with the actual game. We love it already, will have to get another nunchuck to play tennis and boxing.

Ours did not come with any coverings so I ordered from the nintendo site free ones but they are just see thru plastic orubbery ones, not the colored covers you see in the stores.

Okay, we have the wireless gamecube controllers, they work perfectly with the wii. The classic controllers made especially for the wii DO NOT play gamecube games from the discs you must have actual gamecube controllers. Not sure about virtual console though that info is online. I played Mario Galaxy for over an hour this morning on accident. If I keep this up my right arm will be much more toned than my flappy left arm! :D

Okay, we have the wireless gamecube controllers, they work perfectly with the wii. The classic controllers made especially for the wii DO NOT play gamecube games from the discs you must have actual gamecube controllers. Not sure about virtual console though that info is online. I played Mario Galaxy for over an hour this morning on accident. If I keep this up my right arm will be much more toned than my flappy left arm! :D

you can play virtual console games with the classic controller. some of the virtual console games you can play with the wii remote, but the n64 games i believe require the classic controller (or the GC controller.)

yes, GC games require the GC controllers.

A little off topic...

We have looked for Toejam & Earl (an old Sega game) for probably 10 years with little success. Even the used ones on Amazon.com were $40. Got my sticky fingers on a Wii too for Christmas........downloadable (not a word) game Toejam & Earl Woo Hoo.........I LOVE THIS SYSTEM!!!

Guitar Hero is great, especially with the bad notes coming right from your guitar, via the wiimote.

Simpsons is fun, Mario Party is lots of fun, Mario Galaxy is fun, and I like Trauma Center: New Blood, but you need really steady hands for some parts.