Question: Rockband PS2

Does anybody know anything about Rockband for PS2. I heard it was supposed to come out in early December, but I haven't seen it yet. My son wants this for Christmas. Is it worth it? I really don't know much about it. I know it is somewhere between $149.00 and $179.00 but that is the extent of my knowledge.

Thanks for any help/input.

I heard They changed it from the 10th to the 18th of December. I hope that helps. My

ds(9) would have DIED if he didn't get it, literally he told me so :rolleyes: We picked it up for his PS3 on release date and there was a LINE. Your best bet is to get to a slow store (we went to Kmart) EARLY on release date OR try Gamestop I found out afterwards that they took PREORDERS!!

Oh and it is 159.99 I believe~

Here is so info on it being HARD TO FIND:

Publisher EA recently commented that it does not expect to be able to meet the demand for Rock Band. "We won't be able to put up enough inventory to meet the demand of this fiscal or calendar year," EA CEO John Riccitiello claimed last week. Riccitiello maintained that "a lot of inventory" will be available when the PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 versions launch, but suggested additional units would be difficult to attain "unless you know someone at one of our retailers."

Thought I'd add that YES I think this is worth it. Especially if your DS enjoys playing the Guitar Hero Games. Dh and I played on the display one at our Walmart and had a BLAST. The drums are alot of fun, more so than the guitar even!! They didn't have the microphone set up to play so I don't know how it works yet....BUT the display set was broke last time I saw it...but we live in a town of stupid people that turn thier kids lose to tear up other peoples things SO ....some kid was probally jumping on the drums to make them play or something. We did however purchase the backup protection plan just in case !

ya why?

i better look again

ps 3 oh cr*p i think i made a huge boo boo

ya I would check it I bet you got PS3 one!! :(

From Playstation

MTV Games and Electronic Arts announced today that Rock Band, created by original Guitar Hero developer Harmonix, has gone gold, entering final production and manufacturing ahead of its November 20 release on Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3.

Today's announcement also mentions the PlayStation 2 iteration will now hit stores on December 18, just over a week later than the originally announced date.

I have a feeling this is going to be VERY hard to get because more people still own a PS2 !!

http://www.amazon.com/MTV-Games-Rock-Special-Edition/dp/B000WPYNJC/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1197143733&sr=8-1

I have also heard that if you go IN STORE Gamestop is reserving them!

Dang, I pretty much knew (figured) it was going to be an issue getting this. :no:

It is really all on my son's (21) Christmas list.

I have NO idea what else to get him. I guess if it isn't scheduled to come out until December 18, I should just plan on getting it for him for his birthday (June) and coming up with another idea for Christmas. Any suggestions? He has a Wii. And he has Playstation 2. He has Guitar Hero and I bought him Guitar Hero III for PS2. He plays guitar and stand up bass. So music is right up his alley. I just thought this might be fun. And he wanted it.

He is my hardest out of 4. My 15 (soon to be 16) and my 5 and 7 year old boys were all easy. But 21 is hard!!!!!! :cheesy:

Yea, we all really want Rock Band but already have 2 guitars for Guitar Hero and microphones from SingStar so I'm not going to buy the bundle just to get the game and drum kit. I heard February for the drum kit to be available separately for PS2 so it looks like an Easter kind of present :)

RobD

I'd say your best bet to get rockband for ps2 is to check your local kmart. They didn't sell pre orders, so they should have them on release day. I'll be checking mine the day before to see if they are going to have them. Not sure if best buy sold pre orders or not I don't think they did because the girl told me they didn't at our store when I called so maybe there too.

I'm seeing a dec 18th release date for the PS 2 Rockband. And an FYI for those getting it, we own a xbox 360 and have GH 2 and 3 and Rockband. Get the extended warranty(preferably thru Best Buy) because the guitars tend to be the first thing to mess up, and BB will just swap whatever break out right there...no waiting to send your item in and wait for the return. Had some friends whose drum aren't working right, but ours seems ok, the strummer on our guitar isn't working right though...waiting until after the 1st of the year, when supply is good and they've resolved the strummer issues. Overall get the whole bundle! The guitar on the Rockband is way better than GH's!

I had a pre-order through Amazon - received email last night that it was cancelled due to the limited supply they will receive. Now I feel I am out of luck for Christmas. If anyone knows where they are still taking pre-orders please let me know. Called GameStop - they are not taking anymore orders.

I don't think anyone is taking pre-orders anymore. My DH worked at Gamestop and the pre-order systam allows them to know how many each store needs so they can spread the wealth a little bit. They would stop pre-orders on most games 3-4 weeks before release unless pre-orders were really slow and they knew their inventory could cover it. If you need all of the instuments definately buy the bundle, it's much cheaper but if you have 2 guitars for GH and a mic (I don't know about compatibilty) you would probably be better getting the game and them the individual instument when they become available.

The game itself for ps2 in 49.99

the instuments for the ps3 (can't find ps2 prices...ps2 will probably be $10 cheaper) are

Drum kit 79.99

Mic 29.99

wireless guitar 59.99

I would probably still go with the bundle even if I had everything but the drum kit and the game itself, you never know when the kiddos might bust a guitar or mic and the bundle price is pretty good. The wireless guitar controllers that walmart had on BF for $30 are excellent guitars. I bought 2 and then got online to look at reviews so I could take them back if they weren't good but every review said they were far batter than the red octane and frontman guitars. We love them. They feel a little flimsier but are actually really sturdy and they have a much better response and have held up good to my cats attacking them (crazy felines) and I know that our walmart still has quite a few left for $30. I think ppl were turned off b/c no one had heard of the brand (myself included) but they really are great guitars. Red octane actually sued them 2 years ago because they were so similar to the ones that they made.

I'm not seeing anyone showing the whole outfit for the PS2, just the game now. Before the sites I checked showed the special edition with guitar, drums and mike.

Are they just releasing the game on the 18th then?

I also had a hard time finding it but if you do a search on google it will give you walmart and best buys listing for it.