Did anyone have problems with newspapers not having all the ads

lovebears65

I stopped at a convient store as the papers were being delivered. I had to go through 4 to get the best buy ad only to find out that Sears, Circuit city and Lowes was not in the ad plus I had two walmart which I could do without LOL. I had to on later that day to find the paper with the ads I was missing. I did get them but it was hard everyone was sold out :mad:

My mom works for a local paper and ads are distributed by zip code. Papers going to subscribers in a certain zip codes get first dibs, if there are any left over ads they are added to single copy paper sold at convenience stores and paper machines. Not all stores print equal number of ads either.

Yes, we had this problem. We didn't get Kohl's, Sears, Lowe's, Big Lots or ACE. Those are just the ones I remember off the top of my head! Also, our newspaper raised their price from the daily rate of 50 cents to $1.75 for the Thanksgiving issue! Normally even the thanksgiving paper is only 50 cents.

no toys r us for me.

but i have this problem on a regular basis- depending on where i buy it, i either have no michaels or no kohls and toys r us. the toys r us is most frustrating to me becuase there is only one in town and therefore i think it shoudl be distributed everywehre. but i have to plan ahead to decide whre to buy the paper based on the sales/my needs that week.

In western Ny area In 2 papers i was missing bonton 10/10.. and couldnt get any papers at any stores.. i was so bummed til a lady in line at the store had an extra she gave me.. that was a sweet thing she did. I will plan ahead next year and get a paper first thing in the am..:)