Mail carrier gift idea?

heatherkw

We started off on the right foot with our trash guys...we give them booze every year. Beer, hard liquor, whatever, they take it all and leave a little smiley face sticker on the bottom of our cans for it.

DH is convinced they'd cart off a dead body for us at this point.

:lmao:

We started off on the right foot with our trash guys...we give them booze every year. Beer, hard liquor, whatever, they take it all and leave a little smiley face sticker on the bottom of our cans for it.

DH is convinced they'd cart off a dead body for us at this point. We consistently have more cans than we're supposed to and they never hassle us about it, or the leaves that sometimes find their way in with our trash. We've put out a lot of heavy concrete siding this year so I'm thinking we'll have to up the ante for Christmas. :)

Wow that's a good idea, lol!! Our thrash company supplies us w/2 cans & will not pick up anything else, well maybe except @ christmas!! We always try to stick things out there & we get the big dreaded "orange" tag saying this or that, basically not in your can can't pick it up crap!! Maybe I'll treat them to some booze to lighten them up, my luck their in AA & I'll really make them mad:eyepoppin

DH is convinced they'd cart off a dead body for us at this point. We consistently have more cans than we're supposed to and they never hassle us about it, or the leaves that sometimes find their way in with our trash. We've put out a lot of heavy concrete siding this year so I'm thinking we'll have to up the ante for Christmas. :)

Where do you leave it? I am thinking of leaving something out for the trash man this year but I don't know where to put it. They have the automated trucks which hoist our cans up and dump them in the truck - now they do have to get out if we have extra stuff.

What a great thread !! I got so many good ideas !! I really like our mailman. He always has a bag of lollipops for the kids. They love getting the mail from him. I really like the idea of getting beer for the trash men. I don't really know them, but they do a good job. They take everything and leave no mess I am getting a fast food gift card for the mailman.

Our mail person hasn't been very nice to us in the past, as she always tried to avoid delivering packages--and she would speed down our gravel road. However, she has gotten better since I put a tote on the other side of our property so she doesn't have to drive down our road, so I'm thinking on getting her something. Thing is she does have a sub often, so I don't know who would get it.

Our mail person hasn't been very nice to us in the past, as she always tried to avoid delivering packages--and she would speed down our gravel road. However, she has gotten better since I put a tote on the other side of our property so she doesn't have to drive down our road, so I'm thinking on getting her something. Thing is she does have a sub often, so I don't know who would get it.

Call the post office and see which day your regular carrier is delivering.

I was a letter carrier for many years. Of course cash is always king. I have received booze best being Johnny Walker Black, Candy, Baked Goods, Socks, Gloves, Ties, Gift Cards, lottery tickets (almost always losers), an artificial Christmas tree(which I still have) and one customer tried to give me a small bag of marijuana (I declined). The best Christmas gift I ever heard about was from a elderly and very wealthy widow which was a brand new mustang convertible. Boy I wish I delivered her mail. All gifts are always appreciated not expected. I will tell you this, I always remembered who tipped and did go out of my way for those who gave with such things as delivering out of sequence to get that pension check early to my customers in the day etc. And I always took good care of my sub.:D