Teen and Pre-teen gift ideas (merged)

Guest mariaandjay

Guest mariaandjay
Could anyone please help give me ideas of what to buy a preteen young lady? I am completely clueless. She has a digital camera and MP3 player already and a cell phone. HELP..........:eyepoppin

If she has an MP3 she would probably like an itunes card. There are some magazines that she might enjoy too. I like the idea of a pretty silver chain too. Kohls had some pretty one on sale last week and I am sure they will again. The also make some cute pillow speakeers that work with the MP3. Most girls like to shop so she may enjoy a gift card for a favorite store.

If she has an MP3 she would probably like an itunes card.

Don't get an itunes card unless she has an Ipod. If she has a different mp3 player there is always Napster cards.

I would like to know her age also. My preteen niece is hard core into High School Musical so find out if she likes that sort of stuff. Hannah Montana is really big right now too, shoot I'm 27 and I love her!

Guest mariaandjay

My daughter is 11. She just turned 11. She is into the High School musical things also. But she received all of that for her birthday. I was thinking of a laptop. Wonder if Best buy will have them this year on sale??

I have not decieded on a spending amount yet so all ideas are needed.......

Maria

How about a gift card to an area day spa or salon? What girl wouldn't enjoy getting a manicure/pedicure or facial or even learning how to put on make-up the correct way? You could even pair that with a gift card to her favorite store so she can get a new outfit.

Or you could just give her cold hard cash... make up a tray or two of ice cubes with money inside of them and put the cubes in a mini cooler, oversized mug or something similar. Nobody can complain about getting cash :)

I have a 10 year old niece who is really into girly things. Last year I gave her a purse with some jewelry, a gift card to The Limited Too, and some lotions and sprays from Bath and Body Works. She really loved it and still carries that purse around and wears the jewelry. I have no idea what I will do this year for her though.

Oh ok I was not aware we were discussing your child lol. I am a huge James Avery person so is DD so I will recommend silver jewelery from them. They have some really pretty things. www.jamesavery.com We got DD a charm bracelet and have been buying her charms to go on it at major occasions. We are looking at a laptop this year for DD 14.

Last Christmas I got my dd(at the time she has just turned 13) a ring watch-my other dd who is 9 wanted it, unfortunately I only bought one-thats all i have heard from my youngest dd is I want a ring watch....my dd got lots of compliments on hers and no one else had one so for her that made it extra special.

Perfumes were a huge hit around here as well.

If you are looking for some inexpensive silver pieces, check out silverjewelryclub.com. My niece has enough earrings and pendants to last a lifetime and they aren't big pieces, nice for that preteen age (although Suzanne is 15 now and still looks for me to send a few pieces). You pay 5.99 for shipping and 4.00 if you want a silver chain for the pendants. I bought 2 apple pendants last week for my ds10's teachers. (with chains, 10.00 each). The only thing is, if you see something you want you need to jump on it, They rotate every 15 min or it sells out.

I have a 14yo and she loves getting magazine subscriptions.... 17, Marie Claire, People....Also, if she has an mp3 player... walmart.com has some of the cheapest downloads.... and movies, movies, movies,.... Shrek 3, and Pirates 3 are coming out before Christmas.... If you live close give her a gift of your time... such as a trip to lunch and a movie.... most of the time... yes they want $$$ and gifts.... but they will always value the time you took out of your life to give to them doing something cool they liked....

My little girl is 9 and she is as girly as they come!!! she is so into fashion, and accessories..

She loves Hannah Montana right now... Lip stuff, anything Libby Lu's, Limited too or Justice...And she too has everything imaginable. I am at a loss at what to get her for Christmas... She has a laptop, cellphone, ipod, and all that....

My ds is 12 - He loves video games (pokemon for the wii,is his b-day request for next week), Harry Potter, Gift Certificate to Local Movies with Movie Cash, Maybe a Gamestop/EBGame GC he could find some Previous Used Games Pretty Cheap there, or you could if you know what he liked for xbox, ps2, gc, etc.

What about a cell phone? Ie trac phone you can pick up one for $20.00 with minutes?? My DS can not have one till he is 13.

My DD is 14 - Cell Phone minutes, manicure/pedicure,nail polish, mp3 player

what about 13 yr old boys...my brothers new stepson. He is into games, but I dont have the $ to get him a newer computer to run them on. Any ideas under the $100 price tag? he is not into music.

How about one of the plug n play games? They have some pretty decent games that you just plug into your tv and play at Walmart. My nephew loves them cause he can take it to his room and play easily (not like having to unplug hi gamecube, and carry the whole thing, games, controllers, up to his room.) And he can take to granparents easily too.

• 1 month later...
my daughter is now16 but for the past few years i bought her inexpensive jewlery, a nice jewlery box, tons of gift cards,..she loves them , purfume, a box filled with girl socks, undies, etc..she likes it because its girly (boy cut undies, funky socks) she actually looks forward to getting her box of stuff,..and then i usually do a cool purse filled with bathroom stuff..deo, shampoo, conditioner, lip balm, makeup, anything to make her feel good about herself...i found a good deal on a digital camera last year...

• 2 weeks later...

My dd just turned 11 in Sept and here is some of the stuff that I am getting her Christmas this yr:

Eddie Bauer sleeping bag - she has definitely outgrown her princess sleeping bag

Crocs - Mammouth cotton candy color

sweater from Limited Too

Aeropostale sweatshirt - this store is big with the tweens. Most are getting to be big enough to wear stuff from here, My dd only fits into their S sweatshirt.

Fleece pants from Old Navy

Legally Blonde 1 & 2 Movie - bought together at Target

She wants some game called Whoonu - it's a Cranium game and I found it at Target, just need to go buy.

Another thing to consider if she has pierced ears. I bought diamond earrings for her from Kohls on BF. They were the tiny little chips and they were like $29.99. They would look ridiculously small on an adult, but they are proportioned just right for a tween girl. she loves them!

I have some other stuff to get, but it is all gymnastics stuff, she is a competitive gymnast, so I am getting her an extra pair of grips and some achievement pins - yadda, yadda, yadda.

Hope this helps some....

In the past I would give magazine subscriptions to all the nieces/nephews (eleven) but now that they are all preteen and older I am giving them movie tickets. Packaging them in a popcorn bag with some micro popcorn and large concession stand-like candy. Maybe include a little something else depending on what I can find.

Could anyone please help give me ideas of what to buy a preteen young lady? I am completely clueless. She has a digital camera and MP3 player already and a cell phone. HELP..........:eyepoppin

Maybe a printer that can be used without a pc so she can print her own pictures from her camera or card. Extra sd cards for digital camera. GC to stores she likes or movie GC. Cash is always a good thing for preteens

What about a portable DVD Player. (7-9" screen) My neice got one last year and loves the fact that she can go to her room to watch her fav. movies in her room in peace w/o her younger brother changing the channel on her. The're about $50.00-$70.00 this time of year.

GC's to the mall/shopping center work too. Let's them choose the stores they actually like.