What was the worst BF item you bought over the years

571COALTON

Just wondering if anyone got a BF deal in the past, and it was supposed to be a great deal, only to find out it was a piece of crap or a big rip off.

Last year I got an LCD monitor that had a $100 rebate which made it a great deal, well still have not received the rebate, so deal turned out not to be so good.

Guest Mom1979

Oh no I'm so sorry about that!

I've only gotten toys, Tide detergent/coffee and a couple vacuums for BF, so my items have served me pretty well!

remember those "dvd" players where the dvd was about the size of a full size record/vinyl?

the name is escaping me at the moment. but i bought one of those on BF years and years ago. thinking it was a great deal. had a rebate too. well the rebate never showed. and the thing never caught on so i had a bugger of a time finding movies for it.

ended up selling it at a swapmeet a few years ago after finally giving up hope.

I guess the worst deal for me was remembering to send in a rebate on a harddrive *ONE* day after the 30 day window. ~Doh!~ Another deal I've never really been happy about was purchasing an off brand 17" LCD a few years ago. The loss of picture quality (which wasn't that noticeable until I put it next to a major brand LCD) simply isn't worth saving an extra $50 or $100. Live and learn...

remember those "dvd" players where the dvd was about the size of a full size record/vinyl?

I'm assuming you're talking about laserdisc players. LD was popular on some level for quite a few years, however the price of the players keep them from going mainstream. Believe it or not there is still a small group of LD enthusiast out there.

-Timothy

Laser Disc player? I can't remeber what those were called but I had an aunt & uncle that owned a Curthis Mathis store. They had one of those players and crates of movies at the time...

My worst buy, luckily was cheap! Wal-mart always sells some small kitchen appliances for $3-$4 - well none of them seem to work! Luckily I only a bought a couple. Ended up throwing away a couple "choppers" cause all they did was turn vergatables into mush mash.

I'm assuming you're talking about laserdisc players. LD was popular on some level for quite a few years, however the price of the players keep them from going mainstream. Believe it or not there is still a small group of LD enthusiast out there.

-Timothy

Yes! That's it. Thank you. I'm not fully awake yet, even if it is almost 930. Hmm. I wish I had known those enthusiasts when I still had mine. We could've done a movie exchange and take turns letting everyone use them. ;) I'd imagine, for the price of the LD players, that there would still be enthusiasts out there somewhere, probably out of a bit of stubborness too. :)

2 years ago, I bought the electric sweeper from Walmart for $10.00. I bought it because it looked pretty, it was pink! It never worked right. I should have brought it back.

I bought the cheap vacuum they had last year and only used it once. I think I will keep it in my camper in case I need it.

last year i stood in line (i was the first one!!!) outside circuit city to get the Acer laptop for college. I had it a week before the thing crapped out & i had to spend $50 sending it to texas for Acer to fix, THEN they sent it back & it lasted less than 24 hrs before crapping out again, so this time they paid for it to get shipped back. This happened 4 times before they finally fixed it right - by this time it was February and I'd got through the year without any computer. It def. was not worth the 8 hrs i camped outside in the freezing cold.

I will never buy an Acer product ever again for that reason.

Guest caminitorinaldo

i bought the ipod lamp from target last year for 24.00

i just opened it 3 months ago (moved) but have yet to test my ipod on it.

i will probably end up selling it on ebay.

Minitek portable DVD player at Kohl's - 2 years ago I think - It worked fine for about 1 car trip with the kids. Next trip it kept freezing - never to work properly again. Worst $100 I ever spent!

Everything else I've been pretty happy with, including the desktop that I camped out all night for at Circuit City and then waiting until 2 pm to check out because their computers were down.... :)

the name is escaping me at the moment. but i bought one of those on BF years and years ago. thinking it was a great deal. had a rebate too. well the rebate never showed. and the thing never caught on so i had a bugger of a time finding movies for it.

ended up selling it at a swapmeet a few years ago after finally giving up hope.

LASERDISCS :(

Laser Disc player? I can't remeber what those were called but I had an aunt & uncle that owned a Curthis Mathis store. They had one of those players and crates of movies at the time...

My worst buy, luckily was cheap! Wal-mart always sells some small kitchen appliances for $3-$4 - well none of them seem to work! Luckily I only a bought a couple. Ended up throwing away a couple "choppers" cause all they did was turn vergatables into mush mash.

Oops. Does that mean the $3.88 hand mixer I bought this morning is a dud? DS19 wanted one for his apartment and this looked like a cheap option, but maybe not. I guess I'll give him the receipt and he can return it if it doesn't work.

Sheila

I bought a Kawasaki portable DVD player from Target that worked for about a half hour. Thankfully I had opened it and used it for my toddler before Christmas, because I was able to return it before Target's terrible return policy kicked in. Well, I took it back and got another one and it did the SAME THING! I returned it to a completely different Target too!

So, I finally just took the cash back and bought some off brand cheap piece of garbage from Wal-Mart a few months later for like $50 and it still works 2 years later :yup:

Those stupid Fur real dogs... We got two.. one of each of the different colors.. They were a HOT item... people fighting over them... Well they SUCK those stupid dogs... I have 2 of them in BRAND NEW condition....LOL anyone want them...LOL My kids payed witht them for 2 days and now they SIT... dumb dogs just look at me .. everytime I clean my kids :no: room.. LOL

Oops. Does that mean the $3.88 hand mixer I bought this morning is a dud? DS19 wanted one for his apartment and this looked like a cheap option, but maybe not. I guess I'll give him the receipt and he can return it if it doesn't work.

Sheila

It may not be a dud. I bought Wal-Mart's cheap crock pot and mixer four years ago and they both still work great.

A few years ago at our second BF shopping excursion we bought a dvd player from wal mart for only $40. or so. It lasted 8 months, then died. That was a waste of money. I sure hope the portable dvd player we got there yesterday holds up better. I have to say, one of our best BF purchases was the Kodak digital camera w/docking station for $200. a few years ago. It works great and it still going strong, even the rechargable battery it came with is still working great. One of the best purchases we made over the years. I would like a new one someday, but for now it does the job just fine.

Elena