Holidays are over for me!

pmdemey

DD16 rolled my car. She is ok but now I have to worry about a car, it was mine and no full coverage.Am I overreacting or how would you handle it? I need rational thought, this is my favorite time of year!

When something like this happens to me, I ALWAYS think of how it could have turned out worse. I too have a 16 yr. old DD that just got her first car. I am nervous about her AND the car, LOL! Just think of all the people just this year that have lost a loved one in an accident and how they are going to feel right now, during the holidays, and compare that with your situation. Thank your lucky stars that person isn't you. My DD hit my DS's car a couple of weeks ago (while in the process of looking for her a car :eyepoppin) backing out of the driveway. Yeah, at first I was HOT, and I told her that now her insurance will be sky high, but it has all been worked out and it's not going to be that bad after all. Just be THANKFUL she was not hurt or worse. There are SO many families this year that will be missing someone at the dinner table at Thanksgiving, Christmas, etc. And try to stay in perspective on what the holidays are REALLY about: Love, sharing, caring, and of course the birth of Christ. We all have to ride out some tough waves, and what time of year it is has no bearing on that. "Stuff" happens, as they say :P. Everything will work out, and now you know to carry more than liability on a car a teen is driving ;). Good Luck to you and give your DD a great big hug!!!:gdhug1:

DEER ON A GRAVEL ROAD

Ok, this will sound bad, but I am glad. that is not something she could have prevented. Chances are you, or I, or any of us would have totaled the car in that situation.

See what the insurance will cover, and what kind of magic you can work in looking for another car. there is nothing wrong with her helping... working a PT job and putting some of it into the car fund... nor should it be a requirement.

I hope you enjoyed your thanksgiving together.

I am sorry to hear about the little accident but dont worry its just a car . Your child cant be replaced. BE glad that she made it through with no injuries because alot of people are not lucky. I just lost my mom and the last thing I would think about is a car. Someone even wrecked my car right before the funeral but I dont care I dont want to see anyone else get hurt. Be thankful you will get another car . Don't worry . Just make her get a job or work around the home to pay you back. Accidents happen all the time. It could have been you driving

OMG!!....Your holidays are over??!!! For me they would be just begining!! I know its easy for US to say....but I know for a fact I would be thinking what 'could' have happened and would be rejoicing!!!! No matter how bad things get for me, I ALWAYS remind myself that somewhere, someone would give anything to trade problems. Sorry to be so harsh and I dont mean this to sound insensitive.....but you 'could have' been planning a funeral.....Hope this holiday season is extra special for your family.

I really can't say anything else that hasn't been said already. Just be sure to give your daughter a hug and tell her you love her everyday. If you want to know how it could've turned out just read this thread.

Also, when you're ready to get another car you might post here what you're looking for and what your budget is and I'm sure there are alot of GD'ers who can help you find a great deal on another car.

Everytime dd18 gets in the car I worry. Her foot is a little to "leaden" for my taste.

I have an 18 (almost 19) year old stepdaughter who has the same problem. Also, she is too cautious and nervous. That is actually one of the reasons they gave her for failing her first driver's exam. She failed the second one because she pulled out in front of someone. By some miracle she passed the third time. I've told her father I don't care if she does have her license she is not driving my car, at all! I told him she's leaving in less than two months, she can practice driving once she gets to the army and they can teach her. I did it for almost two years and couldn't take it any more.