Holidays are over for me!

pmdemey

DD16 rolled my car. She is ok but now I have to worry about a car, it was mine and no full coverage.Am I overreacting or how would you handle it? I need rational thought, this is my favorite time of year!

It sucks having to replace your car now but the most important thing is that your dd is Ok.

You have even more to be Thankful for now.

Just think how it would be if something happened to her.

Give her a hug and I think that will put things into perspective.

Thank heavens your dd is alright :)

I am sorry this happened. I can't imagine how much of a pickle this put you in. Is your car fixable or is it totalled? You can still do the holidays- just make it all smaller. Try home made gifts for some.

Keep your chin up :) Have a positive outlook and maybe your luck may change- ya never know :)

This is your favorite time of year-keep it that way :D

Jodi

It sucks having to replace your car now but the most important thing is that your dd is Ok.

http://s23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/Marcster2005/Smileypad/Yes/shesaidpurp.gif Cars can be replaced. Children cannot.

Yes I am very thankful. It may sound like I am being selfish but now I have the bank breathing down my back because they were holding the title for security on a personal loan so now I am having to sell my camaro that is on the same loan to pay it down so I can afford a new car, OMG I could go on about the reprocussions. This was suppose to be my best BF yet. OMG I`ve turned into a whiner!!!!!!

Wow.. that does suck. If It were me, DD would be getting a job and helping pay off

that loan FAST.

For right now, be thankful that she is alive and not seriously hurt.

I've watched 10 teenagers get killed in the last 2 weeks on the news.

Seems like every day or so, there is another wreck and someone is killed.

There was one last night and 2 girls are clinging to life, not sure of how they're doing

this morning. So this week, just give thanks.. and next week, tell DD to get to work. :)

glad she is ok. as PP have pointed out - that is the most important.

Why did she roll it? was it weather? inattentiveness?

You are right - your immediate needs may not be what you want... give yourself till monday to fully examine your alternatives - if possible.

SHe speaks the truth.

(((hugs))) So glad your daughter is safe.

My DS put mine in a ditch a week ago, so I understand how you're feeling. I'm glad she is okay!

I would certainly tell her it's her responsibility to get a job and help pay for it. My son owes me $108 for a tow bill and won't be allowed to drive again until it's paid for. Depending on how this accident occurred, I might not let her drive after that either.

I am glad your DD is okay, and I agree with the others that depending on the reason she rolled it would determine my response and her punishment if needed. DS ran a stop sign a few months back and had an accident. The man he hit really chewed him out, when I got there he apologized for it but told me all he saw was this young face and it really scared him. The first thing I asked my son was if he was on the cell phone, he said no (and then I checked his last call time) It shook him up and he has had no problem since.

Give her a hug because whether she was doing right or wrong yoo still have her.

My senior year my mother was laid off from a position she had held for close to 20 years. The only income we had was disability through Social Security for my dad. We did have some Christmas however it was my first non-fun Christmas. They had fortunately ordered my luggage already as that was the "traditional" gift that my parents gave us for our senior year at Christmas. It was a learning lesson and has proven helpful during the years that Christmases for us were slim. Hang in there and try to keep your head up.

Just be thankful that your dd was alright. It could be worse. I total my brand car my senior year because the driver in front me stop in front me and starting backing up th car. I went into the other line to miss the car and hit telephone pole. The driver left the scene of the accident was never was found. The police was get me for reckless driving before a woman show up say the drive had stop from me and was backing up. All accidents some times is not teens faults.

I totally understand you bieng upset, but just take a moment to think about what happend and what could've happened. Whenever life throughs me a blow I just think of how much worse it could have been and how many more people have it much much worse than me. Keep your head up you'll get through it! :)

glad she is ok. as PP have pointed out - that is the most important.

Why did she roll it? was it weather? inattentiveness?

You are right - your immediate needs may not be what you want... give yourself till monday to fully examine your alternatives - if possible.

DEER ON A GRAVEL ROAD

A sister and brother were killed last week here in So. MD on their way to school :( so things could be worse. I dont know how anyone could handle that amount of grief :( Glad to hear that DD is ok, cars can be replaced, and life will go own, just think of it as another bump in the road :) Happy Thanksgiving!

I to am glad your DD is ok. I have 2 boys, 1st son was not acting responsible so I pulled him from my insurance and never let him drive my car again. 2nd son, extremely responsible, rolled his own (financed in my name)vehicle on a horrible night when a hurricane way up here in alabama was coming threw on his way home from work about 1/4 mile from home. First thing I did was run to him at the accident and hug the crap out of him. Never forget that phone call the rest of my life. He was trapped in his car with it upside down and didn't even know he was upside down, His dad answered the phone and I could hear him yelling he wrecked and couldn't get out. Came out with just a few stitches to his knee. Thank goodness it had full coverage, we had paid enough on it that after paying the car off we had some left for a new down payment. I know it looks bad now but take it day by day and it will work it's self out. I would say continue with your BF shopping plans but maybe scale back a little if you have to.

DEER ON A GRAVEL ROAD

Call your insurance company and ask to see if the state pays anything on deer accidents. I have not tried it as in Indiana we have comprehensive on our vehicles whether we have collision or not and the comp pays for deer accidents as they are considered "acts of God".... but I was told by a friend that hit a deer with only the minimal insurance that the state is considered the owners of the deer here and that there is a fund to pay for deer accidents for people without sufficient insurance.

Now I haven't checked that out and we are in a diff state than you, but might be worth asking and also checking to be sure you don't have comprehensive or something as hitting a deer is not collision, it's a diff kind of accident.

I do understand how you feel, only when my DD was 17, she hit another student from her school, he ran out in front of her, she couldn't stop but it totaled her car and left him with a slight limp for the rest of his life. They grew up together so it was really hard when the other parents wanted more than our insurance coverage was.... finally settled it dirt cheap with the insurance once we found others to testify but it was a long process.....

Be glad she is safe... enjoy your day Friday and hopefully something will work out .... have a great Thanksgiving too!

Ok I felt compelled to add my 2cents even though it isnt much comming from people you dont know.

Let me rest assure you, I grew up with a mother who got into a nasty car wreck being in the back of a car rear ended by a semi. She was bed ridden and told she would never walk again and was told after numerous (10-15) surgeries to be exact that she would die within 5years. My Christmases and holidays were mostly from salvation army, churches, friends etc. We learned growing up that this holiday season is NOT about gift giving and NOT about how much you get or what you want but the real meaning. If you taught your children well (which being a mother myself now i'm sure you did) you child/children will understand that rough times happen and to just be thankful for the family and friends they do have. This is what gets people through the times and knowing you at least are surround by the people who love you and enjoying their company that is all that should matter. I agree with the above statment about small hand-home made gifts sometimes a gift from the heart with creativity is more than people can imagine to warm the heart! Other friends and family will understand and if they dont they will eventually. Stay strong!

It is going to hurt not to be able to give your child/children everything and anything you can like we all want to, but we all must remember sometimes things happen outside our control and there is nothing we can do but wade the waters. Just have faith and remember it can't rain all the time.