$349 Laptop only select stores

jonboy_nellie

I was looking at the Staples ad on there website and my local stores have the tom-tom in the laptops place in the ad. I was able to find 1 store within driving distance that will be carrying it. This is SE Wisconsin.

Just when I thought I had a solid BF game plan :cheesy: I need that laptop for my MIL!

I wonder how many they will have at each store ? i tryed to call the local store to see how many i just got the run around p.s is'nt ilegal not to have them when they open up and you are one of the first in line ?:mad::mad::mad::confused::confused:

Let me know which store you plan to go to and I will find out for you later today

Last year I was the first in line outside Staples in Iowa City, IA. But turns out the staff bought all the notebooks before the store opens.

That happened to a co-worker last year in Carlisle, PA. He was around #5 in line and there were no laptops left.

Guest ZeroGravity107
I went in to Staples the other day (the day the employees got to see the ad) and asked some questions. I told her I really wanted the laptop and she asked "What, the Compaq?" she said "Yeah, last year we only had 10 of the laptops, so you should get here early." and now I just went to Staples.com and lo and behold there is no laptop for my zip. Hmm....

Well, this is slightly off topic - but I too was looking at the ad here, and saw the 42" LCD tv, and was determined that I would be getting one come BF.

Turns out they are only going to have the 32" TVs at my Staples, and I checked about 10 of the others in neighboring zipcodes. Nadda. :(

Now I have to rethink my strategy as well....

ETA - I just checked, and my area ad doesn't have the laptop either. ...

That happened to a co-worker last year in Carlisle, PA. He was around #5 in line and there were no laptops left.

That sucks, but I could see it happening as there is no minimum printed by the ads. A couple of my friends worked there and told me that they could pretty much set aside whatever they wanted from the BF sale, including the doorbusters. At least at BB and CC the minimum is printed, so although the employees can still get in on the deals, people in line will have an idea whether they will be able to get their item or not.

It's not like it matters for me, given that my Staples doesn't even have the laptop in their ad. :( This was the only thing I actually needed to shop for on BF, but would have picked up other stuff there. Now I'm not sure if it's even worth the trip.

I think we should all write letters of complaint to Staples. I also would have picked up lots of other stuff along w/ my laptop such as a cordless mouse, blank DVDs, and probably a laptop bag. They need to realize how much they are losing.

FYI, I called my local Staples and complained as well. Not that they are part of the process but hopefully it will be relayed above.

I think we should all write letters of complaint to Staples. I also would have picked up lots of other stuff along w/ my laptop such as a cordless mouse, blank DVDs, and probably a laptop bag. They need to realize how much they are losing.

FYI, I called my local Staples and complained as well. Not that they are part of the process but hopefully it will be relayed above.

Exactly, I would have been too tired after spending the night waiting outside to really go anywhere else and would have done my entire BF shopping (including non loss leader stuff that I needed) there. I already do a lot of shopping at Staples as it is (it's <5 min away) but I guess I'll only go there only for FAR stuff and such.

I am telling you the stores arent to happy either about this. I work at one of the lucky stores that do have them, but have talked to several stores about it and they arent happy. There are two different ads depending on zip code. I would recommend that everyone call staples coporate or send in a complaint through the website. because there are many stores that have 30 or more. If they would have just spread it out to even 10-15 a store or so.

My staples didnt have the laptop so we, my family drove an hour away and got there at 11:00pm cuz we thought it was gonna be crowded but it wasnt and there was no one there so we were first in line and got three laptops....everyone was nice and it was really fun...we stayed in the car till 3:30 when people started getting out cuz everyone was waiting in the car..lol but yea this was my first black friday cuz I really wanted the laptop and it was really fun cant wait till next year! LOL

:eyepoppin:razz::cheesy::rwb::):P:o:yup: