Do You or Will You Do Reconnaissance On Wednesday Night?

bigjimslade

Will you do reconnaissance/intel on Wednesday night?  

203 members have voted

1. 1. Will you do reconnaissance/intel on Wednesday night?

• Yes I will
    • No. Not into BF that much
    • Maybe
    • You are crazy Big Jim. Get a life!

I will head to different Walmarts this week to see who has things that I want PM'd. I may do that on Thursday night, since it is hard to see the fine print in the scanned ads.

For example, my WM has never carried the Sports Pack for the wii, but they put out about 50 of the Nerf version the other day. They are amost $40, and I want to see how close they are to what CC has for 9.99. I will check games, DVD's, and toys, also, so I can see what I need to worry about.

I work at a bank inside of Walmart and have been obsessive with trying to find stuff to PM on my way to the restroom and before and after work! My Walmart does carry the wii sports pack and its like 34.99 . It is one of the things I have been obssessing over since they only have a few out and I have been worrying about them pulling it off the shelves for that big of a price adjustment. I have also been checking the video games especially for the wii, since I just got one for my kids and since I spent so much on that, want to just get some cheaper games for it!

I think I am gonna scope out Kohls today and check on the fiberbeds for 34.99 so I can run in and get one quickly and get to Walmart to pricematch my CC and BB stuff!

Since nearly all of the hot deals worth waiting 12 hours in line for are ticketed items, what's the point in recon on Wednesday? Most of the sale items that I've seen in the ads thus far that won't be ticketed, can be found on sale at other times for the same price or less in some cases. Sure knowing the layout of the store helps, but if you're familiar with the store already and are only after the extreme doorbusters like me then Wednesday night recon does very little.

Of course if you're going to wait in line all night for the sake of grabbing $5 dvd's and $25 flash drives then sure, recon away ;). Personally I've found that the number one thing that seems to help me every year is having the sale ads memorized. It's amazing how every year I'm either handed the wrong laptop, printer, or ________ even though I have the ticket in hand. Having the ads committed to memory has definitely saved me some time.

-Timothy

Timothy- are you serious?! You don't have kids, and you're under 40, aren't you? LOL! I don't have that kind of time, nor the memory capacity for that challenge...but more power to you!

Also, your reference to "ticketed items" doesn't always hold true...many stores still haven't figured out that simple idea. sigh.

As I live in NYC and don't have a car, I am going out to Long Island to rent a car for the holiday weekend Wednesday night. While there I am going to scope out some of the stores I will visit on BF, partly to be sure I know where they are and to go inside one or two and scope them out.

I went out today, Tuesday, to see some of the items that Im interested in. I wanted to look them over now, so if I dont like something, then I wont stop for it on Friday and waste my time. I noticed at my Target, in Burlington, Washington, they were setting up the electronics section already, moving all the mens clothing to the side and setting up stacks of items. Im glad I went out today and took a look, it was worth my time and I made my decision so thats good!!!

I don't see the point. I do BB, which hands out tickets for almost everything. The ones by me are also good enough to rearrange the store for us. They rope off the non-deal areas and set up tables and displays of everything on sale. It's even set up as a one-way street so you hit everything in one circuit, without having to fight traffic. You can get through it in a few minutes, and it leads right to the cashiers. The employees usually hang out laughing at the customers from 3-5 and they're happy to tell you where everything is. It can be specific (head in, take the first soft right, directly on your right under the computer sign) to more vague (all smaller items are located first on the left). I think the only point of getting there early is to stash stuff...