Do you end up giving gifts to your kids before Christmas?

Shortness

I don't do it with my kiddo, but I do with DH :rolleyes: I bought him a zune and SWORE to myself I wouldn't tell him. I think I made it a whole 2 days before I broke down and told him. He was sitting with me when I ordered his remote controlled snow mobile, so no surprise there...

I am horrible about the gifts for my wife. Always see an opportunity where she needs something. Now we have kids and we try to give them as much as we can, it kills me to wait the whole month to give them everything. I love the idea about pj's and an ornament.

my son's birthday is dec 6th so i don't give to them early they do get to open one gift each christmas eve, but is' something i get to pick since i don't bring anything out untill they go to sleep but this yr i think i'll have some fun and put a few small things under there and let them sit and wonder what it is. lol

I've always bought my kids new PJs for Christmas night and let them open them on Christmas Eve. This was fun until last year when the kids asked if they could open a present but they wanted to pick the gift from under the tree b/c the gift I always let them open is 'just pajamas'. THis year I didn't buy pajamas and I won't let them open a gift.

On another note, this year we were getting a family gift of an XBOX 360 -- I have 3 sons, 18, 11 and 8. My oldest son had been saving his money and in Sept/Oct decided he needed his savings so that he could go buy a XBOX360. I didn't give him his savings and he was mad at me. I talked to by DH about this and he said that I should go ahead and tell him what we were buying. So my DS - 18-- for the first time in his life already knows his BIG gift for Christmas _-- this makes me SAD>:(

No I don't let them open any gifts I have purchased for them. However that being said we do go to my grandma's house on Christmas eve and celebrate with my mom's side of the family. She has 7 sis & bro's so my kids get plenty of gifts to open that night. In fact they are so tired they fall asleep on the way home so they don't even bug us when we get home.

It also helps that I don't put any gifts under the tree until after they go to bed on Christmas Eve. I don't trust the animals, my kids, or my DH, LOL.