Best deal on Garmin eTrex Legend?

edmicman

I know there was a previous thread posted requesting a GPS unit, but I thought this was more specific, so I apologize beforehand...

I'm looking to get a Garmin eTrex Legend for geocaching. Its MSRP is ~180 or so it looks like, and I'm trying to find the best deal I can. I'm thinking if there's a way I could get it for ~130 shipped that would be awesome, but it looks like I'll probably be going with about 150 shipped. I did a search on froogle and there's a number for ~135 or so, but a lot of them are after rebate, and I'd prefer not to have to deal with that. I'm thinking maybe checking out eBay, too...I've seen some nice deals on refurb units, but I'm not sure how much I am willing to save to get one over a new unit. I thought maybe someone here might have some more ideas or know of a better place to look. Thanks!

The cheapest I found from a reputable place is $147.68 with free shipping from Vanns:

http://www.gottadeal.com/deal.php?store=vanns&sku=465249746

There shouldn't be any sales tax or anything. There were a couple places on Pricegrabber a few bucks cheaper, but I'd rather deal with Vanns than any of those places.

I see I posted a deal back in May for $129 after $30 rebate from Amazon. Kind of surprising it hasn't dropped in price in the last 9 months. They must still be selling good.

• 2 weeks later...