Dell Business Vostro 1000 Laptop $399

gvanlare

I received this email from dell business:

After $310 e-mail coupon code* savings.

Enter exclusive coupon code* 29K7XD264RT0TF at checkout to save.

AMD Athlon™ 64 X2 Dual-Core Processor TK-53

Genuine Windows® XP Home Edition or Genuine Windows Vista® Home Basic

1GB Shared* Dual Channel DDR2 SDRAM at 533MHZ

120GB* hard drive

15.4" widescreen XGA display

http://smallbusiness.dell.com/r/r?2.1.2d.2UW.1ffqPn.CqJYe8..H.EaW4.2bNc.CIKEcG00

the link above is from the email.

if anyone needs the email I will forward it.

if you call them you should still be able to get it.... I have had them call me back two days after the fact when I thought about getting a desktop and he came down off of the (379 advertised but I upgraded several things) price by ANOTHER $75 two days later trying to make the sale!. We just had some unexpected things com up and couldn't. Man am I kicking myself!

I tried the first code, got to shopping cart with $399. price. Then I decided to look around a while. Went back to cart - had timed out. Entered code again, got the "already used" note. So I tried the Black Friday coupon code B95H5LNNZ3C8BT which worked beautifully. Thanks to whomever posted that code.

How do you make deals w/ them? I really just want a dual core, w 1gb RAM, and a DVD Burner as well as Vista for DD. I like the one at Staples on BF but for an extra $50 or so would be happy not to stand in line on BF morning for several hours. Do you think closer to BF Dell will make deals over the phone?

one good way to get a good deal with Dell is to check their outlet. Usually they post refurbs, scratch and dent, ordered but never used, and customer return systems there at GOOD prices.

I got an Inspiron 531 with an AMD dual core 4200+ (that rates to about 6GHz on the Intel scale because of the dual core- ie each processor is roughly 3GHz) with a 320 GB HD, 2GB of Ram, DVD-RW, and Vista Premium for under $400. It was listed as scratch and dent, but had never been used. It came with one scratch wayyyy down on the bottom of the case where the panel slides on and off (not noticeable unless you're taking said panel on or off). Otherwise, it was in PERFECT condition. I added another GB of Ram to it for less than $50 and for about $450 have a system that is more than adequate for my needs.

I did add a video card to it, as most of the Dell systems on the site stock (except for the XPS) come with integrated video and those aren't really good for much of anything. Grand total for system plus all upgrades was still under $500 even after shipping.