Lexmark All-in-One Printer/Scanner/Copier - NOW $24.99 @ CircuitCity.com

noehlp

Lexmark All-in-One Printer/Scanner/Copier

Model #: LEX X2480

NOW $24.99

http://www.circuitcity.com/IMAGE/product/detail/lex/PC.LEX.X2480.CN.CYC.JPG

Features

• Inkjet: The Lexmark X2480 all-in-one printer uses inkjet technology to create great-looking documents and photos for the home or office.
  • Printer speed: Print fast—up to 17 ppm for color text.
  • Color copying: Make up to 99 copies at a time easily with the one-touch button. You can also reduce or enlarge documents from 25% to 400%.
  • Flatbed scanner: The flatbed scanner easily handles thick books, reports, and more with up to 600 x 1200 ppi optical resolution.
  • Connection options: This printer is USB and PictBridge compatible.
  • System requirements:
  • Windows 98, Me, 2000, XP

$37.99 for a twin pack. I don't print out MUCH and my mom will only use it basically for printing out flight confirmations. The price doesn't seem so steep to me?? I wonder if some of the reviews are on the "starter" cartridge that comes WITH the printer, those never seem to last half as long as new ones to me!!!

You both aren't using Windows Vista, are you? If so, you will have to download and install drivers. I guess it really depends on how much you print. There are other printers that are more economical out there.. I guess it depends on what exactly you would be using it for. For me, it isn't because I am mostly looking at it for copying, and scanning.. the scanner seems to work well.. but from the reviews looks like it prints really light with text, and of course, that coupled with the ink cost.. A good deal for some, and a not so good deal for others..

As per the ink.. reviews say about 40 cents a page. So, not just how much the ink cartridges are, but how much ink is used per page. That is a lot in my opinion for printing one page. And also, if you run out of black, have to replace the entire cartridge...

My old lexmark 5150 could not be installed on my wife's new laptop running vista, we just had to buy a new printer. I could download the driver, but the scanner would not work (there was no updated driver for it, according to lexmark). So make sure it is compatible with your OS.

Ok, this website has every Ink except #2. Take a look at it and see what it says about #2 Ink

http://www.4inkjets.com/Lexmark-Ink,X-Series,X2480,Ink-Cartridge,3212,printer.html

"We do not recommend the Lexmark X2480 printer to anyone looking to buy a printer, OEM cartridges for this printer can only be bought from Circuit City, and they print only 200 pages per cartridge."

My experience with a Lexmark printer (different model) was pretty positive. The refill options are not usually that good long term though. The ink is a different vicosity and flows at a different rate than the name brand inks. They do work, but I don't know that you get the same number of pages/cartridge as with manufacturers brand. I don't know what type of cartridge this one uses specifically but don't try to refill yourself if you can get them done at a Walgreens or somewhere else. The refilling process was a complete mess for me and I ended up pitching the cartridge.